Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #23911
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I decided to hold off on selling the cz52. I only sent the .22 magnum Rossi 62 and 200 rounds of Silver Bear .308 ammo (very shiny but not for the SKS).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #23912
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayamamasami View Post
Guy gets busted for spotlighting bears and demands to know how they can tell from the carcass that it was spotlighted. Wildlife officer informs him that when there are three entry wounds, one in each paw and one in the nose/face, the state feels it is reasonable to believe the bear was covering his eyes.

That's a good bear.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #23913

Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Guy gets busted for spotlighting bears and demands to know how they can tell from the carcass that it was spotlighted. Wildlife officer informs him that when there are three entry wounds, one in each paw and one in the nose/face, the state feels it is reasonable to believe the bear was covering his eyes.

That's a good bear.

image-1874572380.jpg

Come closer...

Old 04-06-2013, 09:01 PM   #23914
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6949 Times on 4180 Posts
Likes Given: 8360

Default For 'Gello

Not a very good picture as it was taken with my cell phone. But here's a picture of "naughty kitty" stashing a straw under the kitchen rug. Sometimes he can get the straw under there without messing up the rug at all. He's a bit over zealous this time.

orangello Likes This 
Old 04-06-2013, 10:02 PM   #23915

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

I was just dreaming. I don't want to pay that much for anything like that. On the other hand, another young co-worker offered to sell me his HP laptop, 5 months old, for $100. He bought it, it doesn't do all he wants it to do, so he wants to sell it and get a different one. I think I'll take him up on that offer. But it has Windows 8 and my kids say I'll find it difficult to use. I'm not computer savvy and if it's unfamiliar to me, it might be difficult for me to use.

image-2462157006.jpg

It's so easy, even she can do it!!

And then again...

Old 04-06-2013, 10:20 PM   #23916
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8049 Times on 4644 Posts
Likes Given: 10388

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Winds, if that's all you do, you won't have any major trouble I think. Those basic activities are pretty much unchanged.
One of the most frustrating things to me was when I am typing something out and somehow it would bring up a pop-up menu for some reason that I did not want up, so I would have to figure out how to get back to where I was. It was only the matter of a few keystrokes or moving the cursor or something, but frustrating nonetheless. This machine (mine, not the loaner) has Windows 8 on it and I am having this issue when I am typing along and for some reason the cursor moves somewhere else on the page and starts inserting my words there. Depending on what sort of doc

OK, there now, all the sudden a window popped up for Windows Media Player Install, a program I never use. Ever. Don't know why it came up, I was just typing along. WTF?

so anyhow, depending on the document I am writing it can be a major problem for me, as I have to figure out where the cursor moved to, and where it should have been, how much of what I wrote got moved, etc., etc., and then try and get my mind back into what I was writing when I got derailed.

I hate my computer. I keep thinking of getting an Mac because they are so much more user-friendly for the non-techie (Hell, around here there are just as many techies who love Macs as non-techies).

OK, the "print" window just came up and I was nowhere near the damned "P" or the "ctrl" button. WTF!!!!????

The Mac preferences are probably much more prevalent here near Apple's Ground Zero though. Lots of people employed by them here.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 04-06-2013, 10:21 PM   #23917

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I decided to hold off on selling the cz52. I only sent the .22 magnum Rossi 62 and 200 rounds of Silver Bear .308 ammo (very shiny but not for the SKS).
I think you would miss it.

NEVER FORGET

Old 04-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #23918

Liked 6561 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
One of the most frustrating things to me was when I am typing something out and somehow it would bring up a pop-up menu for some reason that I did not want up, so I would have to figure out how to get back to where I was. It was only the matter of a few keystrokes or moving the cursor or something, but frustrating nonetheless. This machine (mine, not the loaner) has Windows 8 on it and I am having this issue when I am typing along and for some reason the cursor moves somewhere else on the page and starts inserting my words there. Depending on what sort of doc

OK, there now, all the sudden a window popped up for Windows Media Player Install, a program I never use. Ever. Don't know why it came up, I was just typing along. WTF?

so anyhow, depending on the document I am writing it can be a major problem for me, as I have to figure out where the cursor moved to, and where it should have been, how much of what I wrote got moved, etc., etc., and then try and get my mind back into what I was writing when I got derailed.

I hate my computer. I keep thinking of getting an Mac because they are so much more user-friendly for the non-techie (Hell, around here there are just as many techies who love Macs as non-techies).

OK, the "print" window just came up and I was nowhere near the damned "P" or the "ctrl" button. WTF!!!!????

The Mac preferences are probably much more prevalent here near Apple's Ground Zero though. Lots of people employed by them here.
None of that ever happens to me.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #23919

image-2556524834.jpg

Better not let them know
Old 04-06-2013, 11:38 PM   #23920
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 8049 Times on 4644 Posts
Likes Given: 10388

Funniest photos ever of men with cats. Effing hilarious! (I apologize in advance to 'Gello if his pic is among them).

http://you-just-need-to-shut-up.com/absolute-worst-pictures-of-men-and-cats/

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
texaswoodworker Likes This