Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2379
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 04:14 AM   #23781
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayamamasami View Post
Coz I live in Texas, not West Monroe, LA. Yeah, obvious it's scripted. Still, funny as sin!!!
Well come here, I'll take you out to their place. I'm not friendly enough with them to walk up and knock on the door of any of their homes, but the warehouse is open to the public. Willie and Jase live less than half a mile from me, as the crow flies.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:19 AM   #23782
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3727 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Was what he said good, or bad? Either way, I have an idea of what he probably said.

Thank you.
It was neither, just funny and unexpected.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

The only thing I remember discussing about the 1911 with you is when I just asked what caliber you think you would prefer... You said ".45", and I said, "Good..."

Wait, no, I remember we chatted about it some more... But I still don't remember what I said.
It was before that, when I was at your house I will probably never forget it and never repeat it...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 04-04-2013, 04:21 AM   #23783

Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Well come here, I'll take you out to their place. I'm not friendly enough with them to walk up and knock on the door of any of their homes, but the warehouse is open to the public. Willie and Jase live less than half a mile from me, as the crow flies.
Well, next time we go to NO, we'll have to stop in to see y'all!

Old 04-04-2013, 04:37 AM   #23784

Liked 176 Times on 109 Posts
Likes Given: 165

Here is a random thought.

If you've read anything about introverted personalities then you also know they get overstimulated and start to withdraw in situations with a lot of commotion. That said, what if the soaring ADHD diagnoses are linked to introverted personality types?

In today's time with any type of information/game/news, basically anything only seconds away from your fingertips, an introvert can be constantly bombarded with excess stimuli and can't fully focus on anything with everything else going on around them. Leading them to seek the modern cure all "pills" which fixes the symptoms but not the problem.

I hope this makes sense, I just thought of it and had to write it down

We must always fear evil men, but there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most... And that is the indifference of good men!

Old 04-04-2013, 06:53 AM   #23785
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7792 Times on 4679 Posts
Likes Given: 9792

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
When I stop into a burger joint, and they ask my name, I give a fake name. I always do.
Hahaha.......I always give a fake name, too, just to be funny. I've never been asked to give a name at a Burger King, though.

One time I was out with my three kids and we ordered at a place where they ask your name and you go sit down until your order is ready and your name is called. I gave my typical alias and we were sitting there. I forgot I used a fake name and they were calling "my" name for several minutes until my kids reminded me I had used my fake name. I felt so stupid. It appeared to everyone that I didn't even know my own name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
It was neither, just funny and unexpected.
It was before that, when I was at your house I will probably never forget it and never repeat it...
*grabs Cinder by the shoulders and shakes her violently until she tells*
People Like This 
Old 04-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #23786

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Hahaha.......I always give a fake name, too, just to be funny. I've never been asked to give a name at a Burger King, though.

One time I was out with my three kids and we ordered at a place where they ask your name and you go sit down until your order is ready and your name is called. I gave my typical alias and we were sitting there. I forgot I used a fake name and they were calling "my" name for several minutes until my kids reminded me I had used my fake name. I felt so stupid. It appeared to everyone that I didn't even know my own name.

It's something that even a lot of fast food joints are doing now. Even though they don't bring you your food... Something to do with "not treating people like a number".

I've had people ask me, "Is Rooster your real name?"
Well... no. It's not. I've known several guys named Rocky. But no, my parent's didn't name me Rooster...

Oh, and Cinder reminded me last night of what I said about the 10MM 1911. I had been drinking, and she's already promised not to tell... I'm glad.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #23787

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayamamasami
Are you watching Duck Commander? Omg it's funny!!! Si wants pizza!!
Anything Si does is hilarious.... :-D

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Last edited by PC167; 04-04-2013 at 01:55 PM.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #23788
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8818 Times on 5101 Posts
Likes Given: 11496

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

I used to scan the names on a waiting list when I got to a busy restaurant and look for a party of the same size as mine, then take that name. When they called that guy I would take his place and get seated with my party earlier. It works about 80% of the time if you play your cards right.

I wouldn't do that these days though, now that I am older and know about Karma.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #23789
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
It's something that even a lot of fast food joints are doing now. Even though they don't bring you your food... Something to do with "not treating people like a number".

I've had people ask me, "Is Rooster your real name?"
Well... no. It's not. I've known several guys named Rocky. But no, my parent's didn't name me Rooster...

Oh, and Cinder reminded me last night of what I said about the 10MM 1911. I had been drinking, and she's already promised not to tell... I'm glad.
If I ever get one, I'll let you shoot it if you tell me.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #23790
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7792 Times on 4679 Posts
Likes Given: 9792

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
If I ever get one, I'll let you shoot it if you tell me.
If you get one and you let him shoot it, I'm sure he'll tell you then.