Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2377
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #23761
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Stopped into the Burger King in Clinton, MS. Had the most messed up conversation of my life... Or, it may be tied with my "you should be dead" conversation in Iraq.

Anyway... Had to go to Jackson to finish getting my good name cleared from a 6 year old mix up. And no, that mix up doesn't have my last name, it was a seatbelt ticket in Texas that got NC involved... NC waited until about a month ago to take action... after I paid the ticket about 3 months after I got it... more to the story, details, details...

Stopped in on my way home to get a burger and fries. I try to be a pretty private person for the most part. When I stop into a burger joint, and they ask my name, I give a fake name. I always do.

I like to use "Rooster". I eat a lot of fried chicken, and I find the irony funny. "Rooster eating chicken..." ha!...

So, the guy at the counter, an extremely flamboyant African American male, approximately 19-21 years of age, apparently with a hearing impairment... asked for my name to put it on the ticket.

"Rooster", I says.
"Bruster? says he.
"I'm Rooster, like a cock." I say.

Apparently, this was a poor choice of wording, because he very obviously misunderstood what I said...

He replies, with a giggle, flip of his wrist, and a blush (no, not kidding, even with his skin color, he blushed), "Oh, I love the cock! Can I give you my number?"

**confusion**

I say, "nooo... a Rooster, like a fuggin chicken..." As I hooked my thumbs in my armpits, flapped my "wings", and made clucking noises to help get the point across.

He returns, "eeeeeewwwww.... no thanks man, I don't do that barnyard stuff..."

me, "No, a rooster like you fuggin eat..."

Him, "Wait... you fuggem... then you eatem? You need some help, sweetie..."

At this point I just walked out in a daze. *exit, stage right*

Behind me I heard, "What was that all about?"
Reply, "I don't know... I thought I had a date, but I guess he likes to fu*k chickens right before he eats 'em... I can't hang with that, bro..."

I'll never again go into that Burger King.
LMAO Funny!!!!!

Trip, if you ever write your autobiography, it's going to be a bestseller!
People Like This 
Old 04-04-2013, 12:19 AM   #23762

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Trip this has gone too far. I am going to start a collection from the ftf members so you can have that operation for the hairlip and cleft pallet. I know you are a proud man but you are giving poultry a bad name and confusing the hell out of the gays. Lmao at your story though.
and now Downsouth wants to add to the confusion!

Old 04-04-2013, 12:26 AM   #23763
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Stopped into the Burger King in Clinton, MS. Had the most messed up conversation of my life... Or, it may be tied with my "you should be dead" conversation in Iraq.

Anyway... Had to go to Jackson to finish getting my good name cleared from a 6 year old mix up. And no, that mix up doesn't have my last name, it was a seatbelt ticket in Texas that got NC involved... NC waited until about a month ago to take action... after I paid the ticket about 3 months after I got it... more to the story, details, details...

Stopped in on my way home to get a burger and fries. I try to be a pretty private person for the most part. When I stop into a burger joint, and they ask my name, I give a fake name. I always do.

I like to use "Rooster". I eat a lot of fried chicken, and I find the irony funny. "Rooster eating chicken..." ha!...

So, the guy at the counter, an extremely flamboyant African American male, approximately 19-21 years of age, apparently with a hearing impairment... asked for my name to put it on the ticket.

"Rooster", I says.
"Bruster? says he.

Apparently, this was a poor choice of wording, because he very obviously misunderstood what I said...

He replies, with a giggle, flip of his wrist, and a blush (no, not kidding, even with his skin color, he blushed), "Oh, I love the cock! Can I give you my number?"

**confusion**

I say, "nooo... a Rooster, like a fuggin chicken..." As I hooked my thumbs in my armpits, flapped my "wings", and made clucking noises to help get the point across.

Reply, "I don't know... I thought I had a date, but I guess he likes to fu*k chickens right before he eats 'em... I can't hang with that, bro..."

LMAO!!!! I wouldn't go back either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
LMAO Funny!!!!!

Trip, if you ever write your autobiography, it's going to be a bestseller!
I keep telling him that. I want a copy.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #23764

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
LMAO!!!! I wouldn't go back either.

I keep telling him that. I want a copy.
an autographed copy!
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 04-04-2013, 12:31 AM   #23765
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2146 Times on 1345 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:

"Rooster", I says.
"Bruster? says he.

**confusion**

that's some funny ****, but good God Trip, you need to move the H E double toothpicks out of that city...

Old 04-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #23766

Liked 9212 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

My autobiography would read a lot like "Shantaram". If you haven't read it, do it. Don't be intimidated. It's a huge book, I think somewhere around 800 pages, small print, on pages, I guess, about 9"X 7".

I read fast, but it took me nearly a year to read. It went with me everywhere I went. Every spare moment I had, where I wasn't actively involved in doing something, talking to someone, or eating, I was reading it. I even bough a large fanny pack just to carry it in. It was so tattered by the time I got done... I don't own it anymore, but I will again one day, and it will again be one of my most treasured possessions. If I had to vote for a "best book in the universe", that would be it.

Unfortunately, so much has happened in my short, as of yet, life, that I can't remember all of it. Occasionally, I do sit down and dig through my mind, reminiscing of the things I've seen and done, the things that have happened to me, and the adventures I've been on.

The past few years have actually been fairly dull, in comparison to other years. This is probably why I feel old before my time. Fatherhood and my domestic life have surely taken a toll on my "as the wind blows" personality and sense of adventure.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:03 AM   #23767

Liked 1340 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 663

Huston , we have a problem . I know its going to get a bit hotter than usual since its a new top end and a bigger bore but Its pings on take off and damn it she is hot .
For sure going to get a big decent oil cooler and a fan , may have to invest in a case of good octane boost w/it being 10:1 , may cool the heat range down on the plugs and switch the oil I am using back over to Amsoil 20-50 v-twin oil .
It stood up on me pretty bad and it broke loose on me another time , got me wondering now what a set of cams would do to it , gonna have to get use to it , wish I had dyno'd it before I did the work and I really need to rebuild the rear brake , I fixed the line but she wont bleed , I went through the master cylinder but it still wont build pressure like it should

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 04-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #23768

Liked 1340 Times on 963 Posts
Likes Given: 663

Quote:
My autobiography would read a lot like "Shantaram". If you haven't read it, do it. Don't be intimidated. It's a huge book, I think somewhere around 800 pages, small print, on pages, I guess, about 9"X 7".
I am going to write one one day about my ventures and it will be a best seller BUT BUT I will not release it to the publix till after I am dead due to statute of limitations LMAO ! It will be a great income for my kids and grandkids

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 04-04-2013, 01:11 AM   #23769
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2146 Times on 1345 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Here's a random thought for you.... Divorce and all the BS that goes along with it, can drive you temporarily CRAZY, if you let it.
People Like This 
Old 04-04-2013, 01:12 AM   #23770
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2989 Times on 1945 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
Huston , we have a problem . I know its going to get a bit hotter than usual since its a new top end and a bigger bore but Its pings on take off and damn it she is hot .
For sure going to get a big decent oil cooler and a fan , may have to invest in a case of good octane boost w/it being 10:1 , may cool the heat range down on the plugs and switch the oil I am using back over to Amsoil 20-50 v-twin oil .
It stood up on me pretty bad and it broke loose on me another time , got me wondering now what a set of cams would do to it , gonna have to get use to it , wish I had dyno'd it before I did the work and I really need to rebuild the rear brake , I fixed the line but she wont bleed , I went through the master cylinder but it still wont build pressure like it should
Is the paint keeping the aluminium from cooling?