Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2374
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 04:07 AM   #23731
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MobileMarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: youngsville,nc
Posts: 3,425
Liked 1078 Times on 781 Posts
Likes Given: 552

Default

Well here we are . Got it 99% done and got it fired . You know your damn good when you tear a motor down , build it , hit the switch and it fires and idles with in 2-3 strokes first try .
It um definitely sounds different , it dont sound as '' poppy '' as it use to at idle , I aint figured that out yet and Im not sure I like the way it sounds , maybe the pipe diameter is too small , maybe I need to cam it to get the ex valves open a bit longer or hell it could just be that its sitting on a tool cart , ill find out tomar when I put her on the floor . I Powder coated the carb , rocker box uppers , motor mounts and rear brake lever in red , did the valve covers in matte black .
I MAY do the lower rocker boxes in black next time i get bored .
OIl tank had a tremendous amount of oil varnish and gunk built up in it , spent 2 hrs cleaning that bastard and I'll prob pre mix the fuel with some amsoil 100:1 to help keep the valves and topend lubed during break in .
Best of all .......... no oil leaks ......so far , I only ran it for about 3-4 minutes since i did not have the fan on it and new motors get hot as chit .
I think it looks decent
If any of you pecker heads want anything coated send it to me



__________________

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

MobileMarine is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:18 AM   #23732
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
DFlynt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Festus, Missouri
Posts: 3,040
Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1538

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
..........

Techno Viking the only man Chuck Norris fears!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Techno_Viking
__________________

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly


Last edited by DFlynt; 04-03-2013 at 04:21 AM.
DFlynt is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:32 AM   #23733
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,463
Liked 2454 Times on 1592 Posts

Default

Mm: looks good! Better than it sounded by the description.

The smaller the pipe, the more pop and crackle, right? The bigger the pipe, the more low pitch rumble. That's always been my understanding.

__________________

Feral cat waterboarder

primer1 is online now  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:27 AM   #23734
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MobileMarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: youngsville,nc
Posts: 3,425
Liked 1078 Times on 781 Posts
Likes Given: 552

Default

Dunno primer , it had a good rumble before , dont sound as good now .... well to me anyway , Maybe it will sound better once its back on the ground and next to a solid surface

I am pondering these pipes here , I am bout the worst most indecisive buyer ever , just want to make sure its what i want before i buy , never have and never will be an impulse buyer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/290890913216?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1423.l2649

__________________

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.


Last edited by MobileMarine; 04-03-2013 at 05:30 AM.
MobileMarine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #23735
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fort Hood,TX
Posts: 1,366
Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
Well here we are . Got it 99% done and got it fired . You know your damn good when you tear a motor down , build it , hit the switch and it fires and idles with in 2-3 strokes first try .
It um definitely sounds different , it dont sound as '' poppy '' as it use to at idle , I aint figured that out yet and Im not sure I like the way it sounds , maybe the pipe diameter is too small , maybe I need to cam it to get the ex valves open a bit longer or hell it could just be that its sitting on a tool cart , ill find out tomar when I put her on the floor . I Powder coated the carb , rocker box uppers , motor mounts and rear brake lever in red , did the valve covers in matte black .
I MAY do the lower rocker boxes in black next time i get bored .
OIl tank had a tremendous amount of oil varnish and gunk built up in it , spent 2 hrs cleaning that bastard and I'll prob pre mix the fuel with some amsoil 100:1 to help keep the valves and topend lubed during break in .
Best of all .......... no oil leaks ......so far , I only ran it for about 3-4 minutes since i did not have the fan on it and new motors get hot as chit .
I think it looks decent
If any of you pecker heads want anything coated send it to me
Oooooh, that's purty!!!

I don't need my pecker head coated, at least not by you, tyvm!
__________________
yayamamasami is offline  
MobileMarine Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:24 PM   #23736
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fort Hood,TX
Posts: 1,366
Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dflynt

techno viking the only man chuck norris fears! :d

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/techno_viking


image-1054777570.jpg

...............
__________________
yayamamasami is offline  
3
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:50 PM   #23737
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MobileMarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: youngsville,nc
Posts: 3,425
Liked 1078 Times on 781 Posts
Likes Given: 552

Default

Quote:
Oooooh, that's purty!!!

I don't need my pecker head coated, at least not by you, tyvm!
Aww come on , it gives off a nice little arc when you pull the trigger
__________________

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

MobileMarine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:54 PM   #23738
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fort Hood,TX
Posts: 1,366
Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine

Aww come on , it gives off a nice little arc when you pull the trigger
I didn't say "No", I just said "not by you"! :P
__________________
yayamamasami is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #23739
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
MobileMarine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: youngsville,nc
Posts: 3,425
Liked 1078 Times on 781 Posts
Likes Given: 552

Default

Quote:
I didn't say "No", I just said "not by you"! :P
oooo ok , prob not as good as you are anyway
__________________

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

MobileMarine is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #23740
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Fort Hood,TX
Posts: 1,366
Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine

oooo ok , prob not as good as you are anyway
LOL n/m!! Hahahahahahaha you're a funny guy!!
)
__________________
yayamamasami is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM