Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2368
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #23671
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
Just got an email about a grizzly attack in Alberta, Canada.

Lady stops grizzly attack with one shot from 25 caliber pistol.

Here is her story as in email.

My boyfriend and I were hiking down a trail when out of nowhere this huge grizzly comes charging at us. She must have been with cubs because she was very aggressive. With just seconds before being mauled I pulled out my pistol and shot once into my boyfriends knee. Afterwards I easily out ran him until the bear started mauling my boyfriend. I was able to walk briskly away without a scratch thanks to my Beretta jetfire 25. I won't leave home without it.
Yessir, I don't have to be the fastest, I just need to be faster n you!
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 04-02-2013, 12:42 AM   #23672

Liked 3617 Times on 2066 Posts
Likes Given: 2519

Now that's funny!

Old 04-02-2013, 12:49 AM   #23673
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

I hate stories where the bear lives.
People Like This 
Old 04-02-2013, 01:05 AM   #23674
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I hate stories where the bear lives.
a bear's gotta eat too 'Gello!

Old 04-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #23675
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
a bear's gotta eat too 'Gello!
Let them eat dirt, dirt bloodied with their own blood and plenty of it.
Old 04-02-2013, 01:32 AM   #23676
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22306 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Let them eat dirt, dirt bloodied with their own blood and plenty of it.
damn 'Gello!

Old 04-02-2013, 02:28 AM   #23677

Liked 1316 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 650

YaAAAAA , top end is installed , well mostly , The valve stem seals they guy sent me were absolute $hit so I had to put the old ones back in
That powder coating set up from harbor freight is the bee's knees but it will shock the living chit out of you if your not careful . I did my valve covers matte black and the rocker boxes , intake and motor mounts in red , heads are natural and the jugs are black with silver tipped fins and I jeweled the heads and jugs so yea it stands out a bit .
i will finish it in the morning but The starter is NOOOOOOT happy , evidently there is a conflict of interest between the starter and the 10:1 compression and much larger slugs , thuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuMP.... thumpthumpthumpthump

eeeeeeeekkk ! makes me happy breaking it in is gonna be tough since i cant get in it too hard .
I hope this lil bastard slings my fat ass off the seat

If anyone wants the link for the new GI JOE hit me up , its pretty good

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 AM   #23678

Liked 539 Times on 290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
YaAAAAA , top end is installed , well mostly , The valve stem seals they guy sent me were absolute $hit so I had to put the old ones back in
That powder coating set up from harbor freight is the bee's knees but it will shock the living chit out of you if your not careful . I did my valve covers matte black and the rocker boxes , intake and motor mounts in red , heads are natural and the jugs are black with silver tipped fins and I jeweled the heads and jugs so yea it stands out a bit .
i will finish it in the morning but The starter is NOOOOOOT happy , evidently there is a conflict of interest between the starter and the 10:1 compression and much larger slugs , thuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuMP.... thumpthumpthumpthump

eeeeeeeekkk ! makes me happy breaking it in is gonna be tough since i cant get in it too hard .

Are you going to do compression releases on the motor or try and find a starter with more umph ?

Old 04-02-2013, 02:57 AM   #23679

Liked 1316 Times on 946 Posts
Likes Given: 650

Nah , prob leave it alone till it strands me some where and my phone is dead then I will be forced to push start it so it can get away from me as I fall flat on my face and the bike does some crazy stunts across the parking lot
If it will fit I may jump to a 20 group agm battery .
I am pretty damn good at building starters , I can take a pile from all different makers for different motors and build one bad ass set up , I have done it on some outboards and I had to build one for my Dingo from a yamaha , a mercury and used the honda mounting cone .

The money people wast on starter and alternators is baffling , with a lil know how you could save a ton .

I did want to dual plug the heads but I may end up buying a spare set to really play with so I am not down and stuck w/o a bike to ride

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 04-02-2013, 03:50 AM   #23680
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post

Electric starter!!??? Ya big wussy! Real bikers use a kick starter.

Take some pics of it when you are done.
People Like This