Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2328
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #23271
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Some lady took out my lift station control panel, electric pole and breaker box. She left the road and centered it. If she was bowling it would have been a strike. Four hours of overtime later we were back pumping.

forumrunner_20130323_100743.jpg

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #23272

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

That world be Collinsville Alabama. My apologies.

And dammit Downsouth. I bet that was someone I know

Old 03-23-2013, 05:17 PM   #23273

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
That world be Collinsville Alabama. My apologies.

And dammit Downsouth. I bet that was someone I know
If so she is getting a hefty bill.

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-23-2013, 05:25 PM   #23274
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Some lady took out my lift station control panel, electric pole and breaker box. She left the road and centered it. If she was bowling it would have been a strike. Four hours of overtime later we were back pumping.

Attachment 92312
I'm sure it was a bear's fault; he probably stood up in the road and frightened her off course hoping for a hot meal of canned human.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:29 PM   #23275

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth

If so she is getting a hefty bill.
Damn she survive? When I did electric work, we were responsible for two power poles where the service went into the switchgear then on into the factory. These poles were on the end of about 20 or so, up a small hill in the field, rough condition as it was.

Guy in a Honda civic, 2 door, drunk managed to hit that pole hard enough to break the base, and the top. 18 hours later, the utility company set a new pole for us, we rebuilt the rest and got 13.5k back up and running.

If and I mean IF he survived, I would hate to see that bill. There were 8 KU trucks, two of which got stuck, 20 something guys for them. Then 6 of us, 5 being foremen. That night sucked. It rained, the hailed, then sleet, then snow. Damn. 25 hour day that day.

Oh it was my birthday where my mother had flown in from Texas to celebrate with me. Ya, didn't happen.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 03-23-2013, 05:35 PM   #23276

Liked 1226 Times on 877 Posts
Likes Given: 622

Man I aint felt this tired since ... ever ! I had more energy when I had the freaking flu and pneumonia but at least Im not giving offerings to the porcelain gods anymore .
I did blow the wife out of bed a few times last night , you know its bad when its a SBD '' silent but deadly '' and it still wakes her up lol
God help the guy whos jet ski motor I put in yesterday while zombiefied LMAO at least it ran when it left .

Dont know if I want to pull the cylinders of the harley today to fix an oil leak or put a transmission back in a boat .
Trip , what were you getting at the other day in that PM ?

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 03-23-2013, 05:41 PM   #23277
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by yayamamasami View Post
Attachment 92226

Look really closely and what do you see, dango?
I see someone too busy taking a picture of their vihicle's instrument cluster and not paying attention to the road.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 03-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #23278

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post

Damn she survive? When I did electric work, we were responsible for two power poles where the service went into the switchgear then on into the factory. These poles were on the end of about 20 or so, up a small hill in the field, rough condition as it was.

Guy in a Honda civic, 2 door, drunk managed to hit that pole hard enough to break the base, and the top. 18 hours later, the utility company set a new pole for us, we rebuilt the rest and got 13.5k back up and running.

If and I mean IF he survived, I would hate to see that bill. There were 8 KU trucks, two of which got stuck, 20 something guys for them. Then 6 of us, 5 being foremen. That night sucked. It rained, the hailed, then sleet, then snow. Damn. 25 hour day that day.

Oh it was my birthday where my mother had flown in from Texas to celebrate with me. Ya, didn't happen.
Yea; she seemed ok. They had to cut her out of the car. She will get billed for men and equiptment from 3 different utility companies as well as the total damage to the site as well. I hope she doesn't have some cut rate insurance, cause mayheam was caused.

NEVER FORGET

People Like This 
Old 03-23-2013, 06:54 PM   #23279

Liked 1226 Times on 877 Posts
Likes Given: 622

You guys ought to know that drunks never get hurt in wrecks .
We had the FD try to bill US one time when THEY called us to pull a stolen truck out of a pond and they had to dive to get to it . WTF ?

Got the hog on the stand and noticed this .... Bout time for a new one , guess that what 100mph sustained will do to one , I thought something felt bumpy

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 03-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #23280

Liked 394 Times on 243 Posts
Likes Given: 6

damn, never seen one that the rollers started to come apart.

a few years back when i finally got the money to change the chain on my 750Four, it was so worn out i could bend it in a circle, sideways. i'm amazed that thing never broke on me

All I've had today is like 6 gummi bears & some scotch