Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2320
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 05:26 AM   #23191
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
So I had the interview today, first the guy forget we even had an interview, second he was unprepared and I couldn't even sit down because the area was so messy, third he had his dogs there and they kept sniffing me and licking my ankles and finally he kept saying "we work 52 MONTHS a year." On the plus side it is guarantee'd 40 hours a week 7:00am-3:30 pm so even though it was a mess and seemed weird, I do hope I get it.
well good luck to you on the job! hope it works out for you.
Old 03-21-2013, 05:48 AM   #23192
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11538

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
I didn't even know I did man. It was a "start eating healthy" conversation, few days later she said she's been eating loads of fruit and feels great. I went to get some chicken wings since well, people on diets still eat chicken.....she pushed me away from it and said I had to get non meat foods. My response was "fine....but I'm getting watermelon and you can't say nothing!", got some stares, but was worth it in my mind. As for the beans, I think I'm musical enough with out....

The only problem with that is I'd end up hungrier, the texture of mushrooms is just not my cup of soup.

I'm gonna have to ask her about eggs. But probably start eatting more pastas.

That's the kicker, she loves meats too. This was just an on a whim decision.
Kaido, do some research int Paleo- http://robbwolf.com - and sell her on it. It should be pretty easy to do if she likes meat. Eating healthy needs to include meat. I got Robb Wolfe's book and he has a compelling argument for the Paleo way of life.

Oh, and when you said that about watermelon, I hope you were doing your best Buckwheat impression!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagermeister View Post
Germans created blood sausage(blütwurst). I like it a lot. Haggis is effing nasty. I rather eat dog, which I probably already have. I have eaten horse as a cold sandwich meat, it tastes like a very strong ham. The Vikings ate some nasty stuff. They would marinate and bury fish, and dig it up later when ready. I forgot what it is called.
These days they call it lutefisk. They soak the whitefish in lye and then let it "age".

Here is one of the warnings about lutefisk
Quote:
When cooking and eating lutefisk, it is important to clean the lutefisk and its residue off pans, plates, and utensils immediately. Lutefisk left overnight becomes nearly impossible to remove. Sterling silver should never be used in the cooking, serving or eating of lutefisk, which will permanently ruin silver. Stainless steel utensils are recommended instead.
It is so caustic that it damages the dinnerware!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-21-2013, 06:06 AM   #23193
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3757 Times on 2083 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthav1 View Post
some days my boss drives me absolutely nuts. he's one of those people that borrows a tool & forgets to give it back. after i started working for him & noticed this habit (my screwdrivers kept disappearing & i'd hafta ask for them back) i purposely went out & bought different brand tools than him, he has klein, i have masterforce & a couple other brands. basically, his tools are yellow & mine are green, so there shouldn't be any confusion right? wrong. he still sticks them in his tool belt like they are his & i have to ask for them back damn near every time. tape measure, screwdrivers, hammer.....ugh....frustrating some days.
I need to engrave my tools...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 03-21-2013, 06:37 AM   #23194

Liked 2573 Times on 1673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
mmk , in bad shape here , chills , very very weak , high heart rate and puking any ideas ????
Dr. Primer says its the mutant virus thats going around. In my area, its typically chills, fever, hweadache, eyes hurting accompanying the headache, and tiredness to the point you can't get enough sleep. My kid missed a week of school from it. Lots of kids have missed a lot of school this year in my kids school.

This crap hangs on for weeks and weeks. You can go three days and feel fine, then it comes back and slaps you in the face. I thought I was over it, going a week with no symptoms, and a headache came back yesterday and today. I slept another few hours today, its just drains the whole system. My dog even got it yesterday, and yaked all over the living room. I could tell he had the headache just by looking at him. His eyes were slitted, and all he wanted to do was sleep.

Maybe if the doctors prescribe more antibiotics it will help. Good luck of this is what you have.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 03-21-2013, 01:26 PM   #23195

Liked 1223 Times on 875 Posts
Likes Given: 622

it came out of no where , fine one minute then litterally less than 5 min later all hell was coming down on me . I cant even move hardly and im so effing thirsty . tryint o get into dr today
WTF

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 03-21-2013, 03:23 PM   #23196
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11538

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthav1 View Post
some days my boss drives me absolutely nuts. he's one of those people that borrows a tool & forgets to give it back. after i started working for him & noticed this habit (my screwdrivers kept disappearing & i'd hafta ask for them back) i purposely went out & bought different brand tools than him, he has klein, i have masterforce & a couple other brands. basically, his tools are yellow & mine are green, so there shouldn't be any confusion right? wrong. he still sticks them in his tool belt like they are his & i have to ask for them back damn near every time. tape measure, screwdrivers, hammer.....ugh....frustrating some days.
Next time he goes to borrow a tool, any tool, tell him that he lost that privilege because of his past failures to return your tools. You cannot do your job in an efficient way if you have to keep chasing down your tools when he borrows them. If he complains then tell him the next time he fails to return one of your tools you are buying a new one and billing it to him, and that one he will never be allowed to borrow. Then stick to it. In the meantime keep your eyes open for another job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I need to engrave my tools...
Do that. I spent a week back many years ago engraving my tools. Money well spent. Not three months ago I was at a flea market and found a guy selling a Mac 3/8" box open end wrench that I had engraved 25 years ago. I have been missing it for probably almost 20 years. It is now back in my toolbox. The guy didn't even charge me for it. Then again I was so pissed that he was trying to sell my wrench that I don't think he dared to ask. I was about to go berserk on him.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #23197

Liked 1223 Times on 875 Posts
Likes Given: 622

Just back form the dr , said I will live , he gave me some med to suppress the
TS-19 virus so I wont turn into a walker
At work now , bout to starve looking at this burger but I am terrified to eat it .

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 03-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #23198

Liked 2573 Times on 1673 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donthav1
Rub the screwdriver handle in your butt crack before you hand it to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
At work now , bout to starve looking at this burger but I am terrified to eat it .
I called it!

Feral cat waterboarder

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 03-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #23199
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Should've gotten brains & eggs.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #23200
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
LOL...think it's a dart gun...appears to be a dart with slow acting drugs in the bears hind quarters..
Slow poison? I take it back, that guy has my vote; POISON THE BEARS AND WATCH THEM SUFFER!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.