Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2310
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #23091
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Is the pine pollen kicking where you guys live? A buddy of mine described driving into a yellow fog that his headlights would hardly penetrate as the wind kicked up the pine pollen. Nothing like some tree spooge to get the sinuses going.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #23092
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1136 Times on 740 Posts
Likes Given: 660

had a bad dream a few nights ago. was in a tense situation and could not get my firearm drawn and racked before i got shot. dream happened a few different times in the same night, and in different settings or locations but the outcome was the same. i would be in mid racking of my slide and bam get shot.... im now giving some thought to being condition 1 more often.

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.
MobileMarine Likes This 
Old 03-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #23093
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfuller1 View Post
had a bad dream a few nights ago. was in a tense situation and could not get my firearm drawn and racked before i got shot. dream happened a few different times in the same night, and in different settings or locations but the outcome was the same. i would be in mid racking of my slide and bam get shot.... im now giving some thought to being condition 1 more often.
My first thought was "start carrying a revolver", but maybe you just need a double barreled shotgun, no slide to rack.

Biden-approved!

Old 03-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #23094
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1523

Quote:
I have a similar dream where I have the drop on the BG and no matter how hard I pull the trigger the damned thing won't fire, I re-rack the slide, check the safety and I still can't get it to fire. A very annoying dream.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 03-19-2013, 09:46 PM   #23095

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Is the pine pollen kicking where you guys live? A buddy of mine described driving into a yellow fog that his headlights would hardly penetrate as the wind kicked up the pine pollen. Nothing like some tree spooge to get the sinuses going.
Yep. Just washed my car today. The thing that pisses me the **** off is these damned **** tards that see a brand new car with pollen on it and they have to draw titties and cooters and write stupid obscene and offensive **** all over it. I drop off and pick my kid up from a ****ing elementary school in that car. Let me catch another little bastard in the act. Not to mention, rubbing dust around all over it is hell on paint.

Quote:
Condition one or condition none brother.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:49 PM   #23096

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
I feel if you are going to have to rack it should be for a range weapon not a self protection weapon.

I have a model 66-1 in my night safe and there are 6 rounds, yes it is more accurate if fired single action but I'm not to bad double action.

When I went to Semi auto for concealed carry I started with a bodyguard 380 with one in the chamber - - - it is double action only and I can live with that but I feel 6+1 is OK but wanted more.

I now CC a 6906 with 12+1 and the first round is double action but the rest are single action like my duty 5906 which is 15+1 - - - I can use the 15 round mags in the 6906 but the 12 round will not work for the 5906 for obvious reasons.

I still have the 1911A1 that my father carried in North Africa in WWII which would require racking or carrying "Cocked & Locked" but I do not carry it for CC - - - shoot it about once a year then back in the safe!
66-1-w-2-.5.jpg   body-guard-380.jpg   5906-over-6906.jpg  

Old 03-19-2013, 09:50 PM   #23097
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Yep. Just washed my car today. The thing that pisses me the **** off is these damned **** tards that see a brand new car with pollen on it and they have to draw titties and cooters and write stupid obscene and offensive **** all over it. I drop off and pick my kid up from a ****ing elementary school in that car. Let me catch another little bastard in the act. Not to mention, rubbing dust around all over it is hell on paint.
A little blood splatter near the trunk might help, maybe a bit of a Tshirt caught in the trunk to clarify.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 03-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #23098
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
A little blood splatter near the trunk might help, maybe a bit of a Tshirt caught in the trunk to clarify.
You have a sick, demented, and just plain evil mind. I LOVE IT!

Old 03-19-2013, 09:58 PM   #23099
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
My mother and I were on vacation once. We were at a kayak rental place, and while we were out side, about 10-15 people decided they would swarm around the truck and actually get into the bed. The **** almost hit the fan when we came back out. Who the heck does that?
BTW, if you saw that truck, you'd completely understand. 2004 Silverado, single cab short wheel base. Charcoal grey, and sparkled in the sunlight. Even had a flowmaster in it. To put it simply, it was NICE.
She just had a wreck and totaled that truck. Other than the damage from the wreck, the insurance guy said it only looked 6 months old.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 03-19-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:28 PM   #23100

Liked 1055 Times on 761 Posts
Likes Given: 542

I have had similar dreams about the gun failing . Except all of mine have been with my former carry gun , the little pt111 limited taurus , everytime I went to fire on the BG the trigger would break since its plastic .
No more plastic triggers for me on my carry guns and I never ever leave a gun empty , always one in the chamber and a full mag . If your around me and pick up a gun ...... its hot and ready .

WHY.........WHY ! Do these ****tards feel the need to back traffic up knee deep to a giraffes ass just to rubber neck at a wreck on the other side of the efing rd ?
Is it me ? Am I just immune to wrecked cars ?

only thing that pisses me of even more is on a 4 ln hwy with a center divider and idiots pull over when there is a fire truck on the other side coming .
Just what do you think will happen ? Is the big bad firetruck going to stunt jump that K-rail into your lane ?

Yes I had a bad trip to town on the bike , some pimp wannabe in his chrysler 300 pulled right out in front of me , I hope like hell I effed his driver door up when I kicked the chit out of it .

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

bigdaddy60 Likes This