Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2300
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 07:40 PM   #22991
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I am so sick of hunting people down for payments .
If you can buy beer for boating
If you can buy gas for boat
If you can buy bait and gear

You can pay the guy who made it all work , bet if I start filing liens and for titles their ass will pay , sadly I can not repo . Tempted to sell these debts to a collections agency , somethins better than nuttin
Demand payment at pick up - - - everything left more than 30 days is forfeted - - - put it in writing prior to starting work.

If you lose a few customers it means they did not intend to pay anyway.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #22992
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
I am so sick of hunting people down for payments .
If you can buy beer for boating
If you can buy gas for boat
If you can buy bait and gear

You can pay the guy who made it all work , bet if I start filing liens and for titles their ass will pay , sadly I can not repo . Tempted to sell these debts to a collections agency , somethins better than nuttin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
Demand payment at pick up - - - everything left more than 30 days is forfeted - - - put it in writing prior to starting work.

If you lose a few customers it means they did not intend to pay anyway.
i think GWK has an excellent idea. my brother owns and operates a starter and alternator repair shop and several years ago, he started doing this. cash, check or an account. he said the number of people he had to chase down to get his money was significantly reduced and the number of deadbeats he had to deal with dried up a bunch. word gets around.

i'll just about bet, when one of your customers sees their boat with a for sale sign on it, they will suddenly come up with the money for the repair bill!

Old 03-17-2013, 08:22 PM   #22993

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

The random things kids learn.

My son and I were just informed by a younger child, that, "cheese is made from milk. Until the government gets involved. Then it's made from... veshtubble ol'"

Old 03-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #22994

Liked 1132 Times on 820 Posts
Likes Given: 581

Or start with deposits but I never have done that , To me when a company ask for a deposit or small company it tells me they are not strong . Now if a customer wants to pay as you got thas fine .

I am this * close to saying to hell with all this and tell everyone to come pick their chit up fixed or not

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:06 PM   #22995
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7316 Times on 4400 Posts
Likes Given: 8973

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
The random things kids learn.

My son and I were just informed by a younger child, that, "cheese is made from milk. Until the government gets involved. Then it's made from... veshtubble ol'"
That is really a weird thing for a young child to say.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:28 PM   #22996

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Or start with deposits but I never have done that , To me when a company ask for a deposit or small company it tells me they are not strong . Now if a customer wants to pay as you got thas fine .
I ran a 5 bay garage in Sneed’s Ferry NC in the late 1960s and early 1070s - - - many of our customers were fellow marines and we always treaded them and everyone else fair but you deserve to be treated fairly as well.

On large jobs like overhauls if they were not regular customers I would require a deposit equal to the parts I would need and balance due upon pick up.

I now work in construction and if I put in a septic or other job that cost several thousand dollars just for material ( about $3,500.00 material cost for a basic system with the current regulations ) I require that much up front - - - I will also file a mechanics lien if the balance is not paid within 45 days and I charge 1 1/2% interest per month if it is not paid upon completion.

Many of your headaches will go away if you run your business as a business - - - from the sounds of your post you are trying to make a living from your hobby.

Post signs throughout your business with your terms and have them on the bottom of every work order you fill out and make the customer sign when dropping off for repair.

If you run into unexpected issues ( and you will sometimes ) make sure you contact the customer and get a signature authorizing the extra work. Doing this will make your life much simpler and will show your good customers you know what you are doing - - - the ones that object to this you don’t need as customers anyway!

Yes a few cars were left there, but with the work order in hand the state of NC would change the title to me and I could recoup my money by selling the car - - - at that time I think the state charged me about $6.00 for the new title. I used a base lawyer to write up the work order to make sure it was all legal.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 03-17-2013 at 10:35 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #22997

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

That is really a weird thing for a young child to say.
You know someone taught him that. I just couldn't do anything but shrug and say, "sounds about right to me"

Old 03-17-2013, 09:57 PM   #22998

Liked 659 Times on 560 Posts

Computer Viruses

The following information is from credible intelligence sources on the latest viruses sweeping across our nation's information superhighway, so take extreme caution and be on high virus alert at all times!

THE GEORGE W BUSH VIRUS - Causes your computer to keep looking for viruses of mass destruction
THE JOHN KERRY VIRUS - Reverses every position each time you turn your computer on

THE AL GORE VIRUS - Causes your computer to keep counting, recounting, recounting ... ad nauseam

THE BILL CLINTON VIRUS - Gives you a permanent hard drive, with no memory

THE BOB DOLE VIRUS - Makes a new hard drive out of an old floppy

THE LEWINSKY VIRUS - Sucks all the memory out of your computer, then emails your best friends about what it did).

THE RONALD REAGAN VIRUS - Saves your data, but forgets where it is stored

THE JESSE JACKSON VIRUS - Warns you constantly about illegitimate file reproduction, while illegitimately reproducing files in the background and rhyming it all

THE MIKE TYSON VIRUS - Quits after two bytes

THE OPRAH WINFREY VIRUS - Your 300 mb hard drive shrinks to 100 mb, then slowly expands to restabilize around 200

THE JACK KEVORKIAN VIRUS - Deletes all old files

THE PROZAC VIRUS - Totally screws up your RAM, but your processor doesn't care

THE JOEY BUTTAFUOCO VIRUS - Only attacks minor files

THE ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER VIRUS - Terminates some files, leaves, but will be back
THE MICHAEL JACKSON VIRUS - Attacks only minor files

THE LORENA BOBBITT VIRUS - Reformats your hard drive into a 3.5 inch floppy, then discards it through Windows

Old 03-17-2013, 10:33 PM   #22999
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2042 Times on 1241 Posts
Likes Given: 2220

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
"Kevin Tribble is a licensed gun carrier; he says the new law makes him a little uneasy, “If you’re not properly trained and you don’t know what you are doing. I think you are a threat.”

Tribble likes the idea he won’t be as restricted when it comes to how he can carry his gun.But, he thinks that right should only be for people who put in the extra work to carry a gun around."

What a ****ing douche. What is this training he speaks of? You don't have to have ANY "training" in Mississippi to get your permit. You send in an application. IN THE ****ING MAIL.

I'm writing a letter to WREG. That Southaven chief is no better...

"Southaven Deputy Chief of Police Steve Pirtle, agrees, he says officers will have to change how they operate since there is a good chance they will come in contact with more armed people and some of them could be felons."

It's been proven time and time again that peaceable open carry DOES NOT increase anyone's chance of catching up to a felon with ill intent buying a soy mochalatte at Starbucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
What the Hell is a "soy mochalattee" and why the Hell would one order it?

But I digress.....
I agree, Viking. It's a well known fact that armed felons who open carry prefer the Caramel Macchiato with an extra shot of Espresso.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Old 03-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #23000

Must be the caffeine...