Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2298
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #22971
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1552

Here it is St. Patrick's day and we are getting a light snow in Festus MO. I'm ready for Spring, tired of the psychotic weather we are having.
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 03-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #22972
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 358 Times on 230 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt
Here it is St. Patrick's day and we are getting a light snow in Festus MO. I'm ready for Spring, tired of the psychotic weather we are having.
You think that's bad? It's been snowing the past three days where I'm at and it's -2 but feeling like -17f

Old 03-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #22973
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1552

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
You think that's bad? It's been snowing the past three days where I'm at and it's -2 but feeling like -17f
True it's not bad compared to where you are but I'm tired of things like it being almost 70 on Friday and today we will be lucky if it hits 40, I wouldn't mind if it was winter and stayed winter but this hot one day and cold the next is getting ridiculous.
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 03-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #22974
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4183 Times on 2319 Posts
Likes Given: 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
What, you've never gotten a wee bit giddy off the cask and cream?

http://www.crownwineandspirits.com/e-j-cask-cream-original-temptation-750ml/
nope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
True it's not bad compared to where you are but I'm tired of things like it being almost 70 on Friday and today we will be lucky if it hits 40, I wouldn't mind if it was winter and stayed winter but this hot one day and cold the next is getting ridiculous.
that's how it is here, 70 yesterday, supposed to snow today, pretty standard for Utah.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
DFlynt Likes This 
Old 03-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #22975
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22239 Times on 12460 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

well it hit 77 degrees here in East Texas yesterday and will probably get pretty close to that again today.
DFlynt Likes This 
Old 03-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #22976
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8503 Times on 5083 Posts
Likes Given: 11122

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Then he looked around, checking to see if anyone is watching, and then plunged his hand in and started licking. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. The look on his face of pure "died and gone to heaven" happiness was just freaking awesome.
But the look on the down syndrome man's face was absolutely priceless. If I hadn't left my phone I would have taken a picture.
I love Down's people, too. But I would have politely intervened at the point he put his hand in the fountain. He needed guidance and his family would have noticed you helping him at that point and taken over. What makes it really funny is that he looked around so he KNEW he shouldn't have done it but the temptation was just more than he could handle. So cute. We'd all want to do that but what excuse would we use for behaving that way?

But in any case, it does sound like the man had a good time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
I would have loved to see that picture! People with Downs are some of the sweetest and most innocent people on Earth. Gotta love 'em.
Yes, they are. I do love them. And I am so glad the care has changed so much over the years so that they can reach their full potential rather than being put in an institution to rot. Many of them can hold down simple jobs and be happy and included members of society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Attachment 91070

Sounds like our ladies here.......
Yup. And we FTF ladies have it covered 24/7. I'll take the night shift. We'll see to it that the devil gets no rest at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
It's in the 30's here but truly, the air has a feeling of Spring. Maybe it's the daylight saving time that lifts my spirits. I LOVE having sunlight at 1900. But even the cold air doesn't have the 'bite' it has in the middle of winter at the same temperature.
People Like This 
Old 03-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #22977

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Trip, Gello, you guys were asking about the ms law change about carring a gun. I found this link.

http://wreg.com/2013/03/15/new-gun-law-in-ms-to-start-in-july/
"Kevin Tribble is a licensed gun carrier; he says the new law makes him a little uneasy, “If you’re not properly trained and you don’t know what you are doing. I think you are a threat.”

Tribble likes the idea he won’t be as restricted when it comes to how he can carry his gun.But, he thinks that right should only be for people who put in the extra work to carry a gun around."

What a ****ing douche. What is this training he speaks of? You don't have to have ANY "training" in Mississippi to get your permit. You send in an application. IN THE ****ING MAIL.

I'm writing a letter to WREG. That Southaven chief is no better...

"Southaven Deputy Chief of Police Steve Pirtle, agrees, he says officers will have to change how they operate since there is a good chance they will come in contact with more armed people and some of them could be felons."

It's been proven time and time again that peaceable open carry DOES NOT increase anyone's chance of catching up to a felon with ill intent buying a soy mochalatte at Starbucks.

Last edited by trip286; 03-17-2013 at 04:09 PM.
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 03-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #22978
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9080 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
"Kevin Tribble is a licensed gun carrier; he says the new law makes him a little uneasy, “If you’re not properly trained and you don’t know what you are doing. I think you are a threat.”

Tribble likes the idea he won’t be as restricted when it comes to how he can carry his gun.But, he thinks that right should only be for people who put in the extra work to carry a gun around."

What a ****ing douche. What is this training he speaks of? You don't have to have ANY "training" in Mississippi to get your permit. You send in an application. IN THE ****ING MAIL.

I'm writing a letter to WREG. That Southaven chief is no better...

"Southaven Deputy Chief of Police Steve Pirtle, agrees, he says officers will have to change how they operate since there is a good chance they will come in contact with more armed people and some of them could be felons."

It's been proven time and time again that peaceable open carry DOES NOT increase anyone's chance of catching up to a felon with ill intent buying a soy mochalatte at Starbucks.
What the Hell is a "soy mochalattee" and why the Hell would one order it?

But I digress.....

Old 03-17-2013, 04:22 PM   #22979

Liked 1303 Times on 935 Posts
Likes Given: 640

Hmm Thought I had mentioned he has a bit of boat work he needs done , must have forgot to type that post .
It may be bad luck or it could be I am just in the right place at the right time or vice versa ....... I see alot and do alot and I do things normal or sane folks dont do but lets not get on that train again .

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 03-17-2013, 04:24 PM   #22980

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

What the Hell is a "soy mochalattee" and why the Hell would one order it?

But I digress.....
It's this drink that it seems liberals are fond of paying big bucks for. I'm sure others like it too, I just don't hear of many.