Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2296
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 01:52 AM   #22951
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 950 Times on 567 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
How do you get to Pennsylvania on the Mississippi?
I think you turn east at Cairo Ill. and head up the Ohio.

My random thought, my 11 year old daughter made brownies this afternoon, they were goooood!!!!!

Last edited by winds-of-change; 03-17-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:56 AM   #22952

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I went to the Chinese place tonight. There are always signs that say, "children under 12 must have adult supervision". You would think people would supervise the mentally handicapped in their party.

I was sitting there, and I see this adult down syndrome man walking by the dessert table. He becomes enthralled by the chocolate fountain. He sets down his food plate, and watches...

Then he looked around, checking to see if anyone is watching, and then plunged his hand in and started licking. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. The look on his face of pure "died and gone to heaven" happiness was just freaking awesome.

Well, that wasn't enough. So after dipping and licking a couple more times, he stuck his whole face into the chocolate fountain. It was awesome! He started dancing and giggling and clapping his hands.

Then his sister discovered what was going on. Turned out, he was there with his Mom and 3 adult sisters (the siblings ranged from mid twenties to mid/late thirties).

That's when the trouble started. He didn't want to go to the women's restroom to clean up, and the sister didn't want to go to the men's to help. I ended up taking him to the men's room and helping him clean the chocolate out of his hair and off his face.

Then the manager went ape nuts on ME because he thought the guy was with me and it was my fault he was unsupervised. A little quick talking and some sincere apologies got all that straightened out. He asked the family if they would be willing to pay an extra ten bucks to replace the chocolate that now had come into contact with his face and hands (they would have to dump it all, clean the fountain, and start over).

They agreed and all was well.

But the look on the down syndrome man's face was absolutely priceless. If I hadn't left my phone I would have taken a picture.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:24 AM   #22953
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 950 Times on 567 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I went to the Chinese place tonight. There are always signs that say, "children under 12 must have adult supervision". You would think people would supervise the mentally handicapped in their party.

I was sitting there, and I see this adult down syndrome man walking by the dessert table. He becomes enthralled by the chocolate fountain. He sets down his food plate, and watches...

Then he looked around, checking to see if anyone is watching, and then plunged his hand in and started licking. I couldn't help but laugh out loud. The look on his face of pure "died and gone to heaven" happiness was just freaking awesome.

Well, that wasn't enough. So after dipping and licking a couple more times, he stuck his whole face into the chocolate fountain. It was awesome! He started dancing and giggling and clapping his hands.

Then his sister discovered what was going on. Turned out, he was there with his Mom and 3 adult sisters (the siblings ranged from mid twenties to mid/late thirties).

That's when the trouble started. He didn't want to go to the women's restroom to clean up, and the sister didn't want to go to the men's to help. I ended up taking him to the men's room and helping him clean the chocolate out of his hair and off his face.

Then the manager went ape nuts on ME because he thought the guy was with me and it was my fault he was unsupervised. A little quick talking and some sincere apologies got all that straightened out. He asked the family if they would be willing to pay an extra ten bucks to replace the chocolate that now had come into contact with his face and hands (they would have to dump it all, clean the fountain, and start over).

But the look on the down syndrome man's face was absolutely priceless. If I hadn't left my phone I would have taken a picture.
Good on you for helping out and laughing WITH the guy instead of at him. Too many of us would have done the opposite. Sounds like it all ended well for everyone. Again, well done sir.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:30 AM   #22954
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8269 Times on 4778 Posts
Likes Given: 10687

Quote:

I would have loved to see that picture! People with Downs are some of the sweetest and most innocent people on Earth. Gotta love 'em.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 03-17-2013, 02:33 AM   #22955

Simple happiness brings me great joy. Seeing my 7 month old nieces smiling and laughing their asses off with only about 3 teeth between them, a dog getting excited over a bone, a cat going crazy over catnip...

When the mental capacity isn't there to allow someone/thing to take the simple things for granted, and they get just SO FREAKING HAPPY over the simple things, I end up getting dust in my eyes and pissed off at people cutting the onions.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:10 AM   #22956

Liked 2456 Times on 1593 Posts

Was laughing till crying today for the same simple reason today. I helped chaperone a girl scout outing to a swim park today. This little kid was about a year old. His mom kept dipping his feet in a fountain, which made him kick his head back and howl with laughter. I could hear him 30 feet away over the roar of kids screaming and laughing. Priceless.

Feral cat waterboarder

People Like This 
Old 03-17-2013, 03:19 AM   #22957
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:

Trip, you ae a classy guy with a big heart. you sir, have my respect again!

Old 03-17-2013, 03:21 AM   #22958

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

Did I lose it?
Old 03-17-2013, 03:25 AM   #22959
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3255 Times on 1805 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

Why do you think I love him so much?

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-17-2013, 03:27 AM   #22960
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Did I lose it?
of course not silly!