Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 08:52 PM   #22911
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=261

This is the language it changed. I am not sure the practical application as far as open carry. As I understand the law it protects cc from accidental showing of weapon.

NEVER FORGET

orangello Likes This 
Old 03-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #22912
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5633 Times on 3313 Posts
Likes Given: 4718

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
http://www.opencarry.org/?page_id=261

This is the language it changed. I am not sure the practical application as far as open carry. As I understand the law it protects cc from accidental showing of weapon.
I'll be interested to see how this progresses; i haven't heard much chatter about it going through the legislature.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 03-15-2013, 09:47 PM   #22913
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6112 Times on 3703 Posts
Likes Given: 6920

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I will try to get a picture of the mystery light or a video if I get the balls to go over there at night , so far they are missing , i dont even want to go on the front porch to smoke at night now , scuured I might see him looking at me through the window and lets be honest ...... dont no one wanna see that , that will mess anyone up and I dont want any hershy stains on my front porch either.
OF all the dare devil, dangerous things you do and you're afraid to get out there and get a video of a light? I WANNA SEE IT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Yeah, its impossible to tell. That's what I have been telling my friends who knew her. If a drunk person came at me with a knife and I got it away, then they tried to get it back, there is no telling what happened and what a person was thinking. The landlord (another gal) didn't call 911, but maybe she didn't think the wound was life threatening? Who knows. Seems to me there would have been a hell of a lot of blood though.

Oh, and one of the conditions of her living there was no alcohol. She had been on hard times, lost her home a couple of years ago etc., and would "sneak in" a drinkey poo when she thought she wouldn't get caught. Life was hard on her for the last few years.
There's the femoral artery that is in the groin area. Also a popliteal artery but that is kind of behind the knee.

Quote:
Hey , what happened to the Would You Rather thread ? Cant find it and tried searching for it .

Here ya go................http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f12/would-you-rather-40796/

Old 03-15-2013, 10:10 PM   #22914

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

This is from a good friend of mine who uses the on base doctors. For some reason, her and her family can't use a civilian doctor. I shall ask why, because I know I did.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130315_170953.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  32.2 KB

Old 03-15-2013, 10:46 PM   #22915
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5633 Times on 3313 Posts
Likes Given: 4718

^^^ Pefect politics, pass on the pain to the voters.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 03-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #22916

Liked 851 Times on 618 Posts
Likes Given: 480

Bring a tear to any fathers eye

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.
bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 03-16-2013, 01:24 AM   #22917

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
This is from a good friend of mine who uses the on base doctors. For some reason, her and her family can't use a civilian doctor. I shall ask why, because I know I did.

Attachment 90932
I just talked to her. She is using tricare prime instead of standard. Prime has no copay, and covers more stuff, but they lose the civilian practice option.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:55 AM   #22918

Been slow here in this thread lately .

Winds , I just spent the last 20 min trying to get a picture of the mystery light with no luck . If walking to the light wont bad enough I had to cross my paranoid old man neighbors back yard , duck the motion lights and all that jazz .
All of our good cameras are dead but I will charge one tomar , cell phone wont pick up anything in the dark even using binoculars for extra zoom . I did manage to get about 40ft away and look at it with the noculars and its def a light of some sort .
My dog followed me w/o me knowing and barked one good time while I was looking , at least my neighbor will think that pile is from a dog and not me LOL .

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 03-16-2013, 04:13 AM   #22919
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7332 Times on 4250 Posts
Likes Given: 9444

Quote:
Been slow here in this thread lately .

Winds , I just spent the last 20 min trying to get a picture of the mystery light with no luck . If walking to the light wont bad enough I had to cross my paranoid old man neighbors back yard , duck the motion lights and all that jazz .
All of our good cameras are dead but I will charge one tomar , cell phone wont pick up anything in the dark even using binoculars for extra zoom . I did manage to get about 40ft away and look at it with the noculars and its def a light of some sort .
My dog followed me w/o me knowing and barked one good time while I was looking , at least my neighbor will think that pile is from a dog and not me LOL .
A few years ago I would periodically see a bluish light going up the road I live on at odd hours of the night (like from 11:00PM on through to 3:00 or so AM). It was sort of creepy. I would holler out and ask if there was somebody there but there was never any answer. I asked my neighbor who was building his house if he had seen it and he had the same story as I did. Never saw a person, just the bluish light bobbing along the road. One night at around midnight I was up talking to the same neighbor and I saw the light coming up the road from down by my place, so I walked out and it was a dude walking along, I stood in the road in front of him and he didn't see me until he was about to run into me. Seems he was listening to Metallica on his iPod and couldn't hear a damn thing which is why he never responded when I hollered out. He rents a place from another neighbor down the hill and takes his walks in the middle of the night. I figure he might become lion bait one of these nights except that the tight might spook a lion. Might.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-16-2013, 05:11 AM   #22920

F YOU TURBOTAX !
Me and my wife are alive and well , we are not dead , why must you say we are dead when you transmit but not when I preview ?!!?!?!?!??!?!
2 hrs dicking around with customer service and them idiots know less about taxes than I do . PISSED , I mean a level of pissed off I have never been before in my life !

Go ahead gello , laugh it up buddy
Think they hired the same effing idiots from our local autozones
I want to crash into their server room with a deuce and half and start doing doughnuts , then drive over every cubicle they own all while laughing and jamming sabotage by beastie boys

Last edited by MobileMarine; 03-16-2013 at 05:15 AM.
bigdaddy60 Likes This