Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 06:17 AM   #22751
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 694 Times on 461 Posts
Likes Given: 717

Greatest invention since the 30-06....
http://www.joecartoon.com/index.php/everything-else/thuh-possum-whistle/

Old 03-10-2013, 07:48 AM   #22752

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I just had the damn panic attack of a lifetime.

I was making my rounds, and was cruising through the hospital parking lot (we have a well on site). I did notice the lot was dead, as was everything else...

Then I see this object dart out from between two cars, and was able to recognize those dual umbrella handles and that there was a lump in it, covered in a blue blanket, right as I heard the deafening crunch that baby stroller made under my front right wheel.

I lost my freaking mind.

Then I found out, the baby's mother had brought him to the ER for a fever that wouldn't go down. She had just taken the little baby boy out of his stroller and placed him in his carseat, and could only figure that it must've taken off rolling when she dropped the diaper bag and blanket in it, and turned around to buckle her baby in.

There was no baby in the stroller.

Old 03-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #22753

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

I kind of like changing the clock at work, I wonder if I can do that every day.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #22754

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

I was making my rounds, and was cruising through the hospital parking lot (we have a well on site). I did notice the lot was dead, as was everything else...

Then I see this object dart out from between two cars, and was able to recognize those dual umbrella handles and that there was a lump in it, covered in a blue blanket, right as I heard the deafening crunch that baby stroller made under my front right wheel.

I lost my freaking mind.

Then I found out, the baby's mother had brought him to the ER for a fever that wouldn't go down. She had just taken the little baby boy out of his stroller and placed him in his carseat, and could only figure that it must've taken off rolling when she dropped the diaper bag and blanket in it, and turned around to buckle her baby in.

Dam Trip
I for one wud be glad to chip in for a new pair of pants for you ---

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

People Like This 
Old 03-10-2013, 01:34 PM   #22755
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8053

Quote:

I lost my freaking mind.

Oh, geeze. I'll bet that took a couple years off your life. That would set me back a couple hours of shock. How horrible for you.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:42 PM   #22756

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Glad everything worked out for you trip

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 03-10-2013, 02:03 PM   #22757
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8411 Times on 3645 Posts
Likes Given: 1299

Trip- the GOOD news- you can skip the Cardiac Stress Test now.....

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 03-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #22758
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Quote:
Unlucky me, I lose an extra hour of overtime.
Yeah but you get the hour back in the fall.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 03-10-2013, 02:53 PM   #22759

Liked 969 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 525

Donnie Downer alert .
Dads last boxer died last night , We bought a brother and sister back in 01-02 ish , Lucy was a red boxer but she skirted the fence and got hit so that left max , shortly after mom bought dad a boston terrier so max would have a buddy . max was a damn good dog , he stayed right by mom when she was dying and even brought him to moms funeral . After mom he stayed with dad during his depression then the new girl moved in and did not like dogs so dad sent max and molly over to my sisters where he died .
Boxers are very good dogs but they have issues , max had seizures and we think he had some heart problems which we think he had a heart attack , I am going to miss the 90lb goof ball but I am not looking forward to digging that big hole for him .
Why is it when ever a pet dies we always say no more but we always get another just to repeat the process ?
Well he is up with his sister and my mom doing that wiggle that boxers do .
Know I have posted this before but I like it .

Quote:
A man and his dog were walking along a road.
The man was enjoying the scenery,
when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead.

He remembered dying, and that the dog walking beside him had been dead for years.
He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road.

It looked like fine marble..

At the top of a long hill, it was broken by a tall arch that glowed in the sunlight.

When he was standing before it, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch that looked like mother-of-pearl, and the street that led to the gate looked like pure gold.

He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side.
When he was close enough, he called out, 'Excuse me, where are we?'

'This is Heaven, sir,' the man answered.

'Wow! Would you happen to have some water?' the man asked.

'Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up.'

The man gestured, and the gate began to open. 'Can my friend,' gesturing toward his dog, 'come in, too?' the traveller asked.

'I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets.'

The man thought a moment and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going with his dog.

After another long walk, and at the top of anoth er long hill, he came to a dirt road leading through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed.

There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book....

'Excuse me!' he called to the man. 'Do you have any water?'

'Yeah, sure, there's a pump over there, come on in.'

'How about my friend here?' the traveller gestured to the dog.

'There should be a bowl by the pump,' said the man.

They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned hand pump with a bowl beside it..

The traveller filled the water bowl and took a long drink himself, then he gave some to the dog.

When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree.

'What do you call this place?' the traveller asked.

'This is Heaven,' he answered.

'Well, that's confusing,' the traveller said.

'The man down the road said that was Heaven, too.'

'Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope. That's hell.'

'Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?'

'No, we're just happy that they screen out the folks who would leave their best friends behind.'

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Last edited by MobileMarine; 03-10-2013 at 03:38 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-10-2013, 03:38 PM   #22760

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post

Yeah but you get the hour back in the fall.
Talked to boss man before I left work this morning. He said I'm getting paid for 8.