Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #22741
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Wait a minute Vikingdad...
Maybe it's all you. Maybe YOU aren't impressed ENOUGH by this toaster. Did you watch the video? Mine's just like it.

Old 03-10-2013, 12:22 AM   #22742
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7820 Times on 4512 Posts
Likes Given: 10061

I cannot believe that anybody would work for an hour unpaid. Seriously. And if the employer allows it to happen that is a crime. If I had any employees working the night shift on a time change they would get paid for the number of hours worked, not what the damned clock said. I had a boss try to adjust the clocks once after I had punched in one day. He relented when I told him I was going home while on the clock to wait out that hour he was taking away from me. He said he would fire me and I said if he did I would see him in court for payroll fraud.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #22743

Liked 969 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 527

Oh well , it WAS a decent day
A certain someone has been on or messing with the phone almost non stop , So were watching a movie and said person goes to the bathroom to do nails but tells me to keep the movie going .
So Im sitting here eating ice cream and somehow chip another m'effing tooth so I get up go to bathroom , open door and she is on the phone discussing what color she should do her nails , I ask who she is talking to and she says its one of her girlfriends .
I swear I heard a dudes voice , so I ask her about it after she abruptly hung up who it was again and she tells me the same girl . '' Damn Sure sounded like a dude to me !''
'' Well it wont ""

I swear I am going to take that phone and either shove it up her poop chute or put it in 5 pounds of tannerite .

Whats the saying ? If it walks like a duck , quacks like a duck and swims like a duck then its a duck ?
I foresee covert operations

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 03-10-2013, 01:44 AM   #22744
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Yes, I remember the weight of the bread dropped the bread down into the toaster.

Now I want to go dig mine out of the attic and see if I could fix it. Those things are as shiny as a mirror, too, aren't they?

Why don't they make them anymore? Because now they make cheap toasters that you have to replace every few years.

And, if we all had as much fun with the toaster as you are, no one would get any work done. Use that toast to make croutons......or throw it outside for the birds.
Yeah, what is it with some technologies? I mean back in the day all you had to do was drop the slice of bread into the toaster, it would take it down, toast it and spit it back out. Now you have to go to all the trouble of actually pushing the slider button down. Lemme see... do I like Chinese tech better or good old American made... Uhm, China, or America, wow, that's a really difficult decision....

Old 03-10-2013, 03:05 AM   #22745
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19987 Times on 11361 Posts
Likes Given: 50414

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
Yeah, what is it with some technologies? I mean back in the day all you had to do was drop the slice of bread into the toaster, it would take it down, toast it and spit it back out. Now you have to go to all the trouble of actually pushing the slider button down. Lemme see... do I like Chinese tech better or good old American made... Uhm, China, or America, wow, that's a really difficult decision....
i still sometimes use a hot cast iron skillet to make toast!
Old 03-10-2013, 03:28 AM   #22746
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i still sometimes use a hot cast iron skillet to make toast!
Well Axxe, the toasters they make these days are cheesy, crappy, absolute junk. In fact they are landfill fodder, right from the store. So I don't blame you a bit, in fact you have a lot more control over how you want the toast to turn out doing it the way you do it. My Grandma did it that way too. Her toast was the best on earth, especially since she made her own sourdough bread.
Old 03-10-2013, 03:42 AM   #22747
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19987 Times on 11361 Posts
Likes Given: 50414

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocshaman View Post
Well Axxe, the toasters they make these days are cheesy, crappy, absolute junk. In fact they are landfill fodder, right from the store. So I don't blame you a bit, in fact you have a lot more control over how you want the toast to turn out doing it the way you do it. My Grandma did it that way too. Her toast was the best on earth, especially since she made her own sourdough bread.
thanks alot Jim! now you have wanting some toasted sourdough bread!

i think i would like your Grandma!

Old 03-10-2013, 03:57 AM   #22748

Liked 698 Times on 464 Posts
Likes Given: 726

Quote:
anything past about 1940 is probably futuristic or space age to C3!
Anything newer than 1940 is new and futuristic to me to.... ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
It's like a freaking toaster God!

I'm not being sarcastic. I truly am freaking amazed and blown away by this simple device who's only purpose for existence is to lightly scorch sliced bread on both sides. This is the most awesome damn toaster I've ever seen in my whole miserable little life. I am not worthy. I am not worthy. No, not even a little.

Why the hell don't they still make these?
I am amazed by this Toaster too! Its like the Garand of Toasters!!

I think you need to keep this amazing marvel!!
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-10-2013, 04:05 AM   #22749

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post

Anything newer than 1940 is new and futuristic to me to.... ?

I am amazed by this Toaster too! Its like the Garand of Toasters!!

I think you need to keep this amazing marvel!!
I think I shall. Sue collapsed in amazement when he saw it work. His jaw dropped open, his eyes bugged out, and he plopped flat on his ass when I showed him how it works.

My landlord even came over, making a 45 minute drive just to see it. And she SHOULD be old enough to remember such things. Around 65ish or so. Her husband is 67 I think.
Old 03-10-2013, 04:23 AM   #22750
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
thanks alot Jim! now you have wanting some toasted sourdough bread!

i think i would like your Grandma!
Oh you would have loved her, I Know I did.