Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2013, 09:49 PM   #22731
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Don't forget to put your clocks forward an hour tonight!!!!!!

Old 03-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #22732

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
Don't forget to put your clocks forward an hour tonight!!!!!!
That means the eight hour shift I'm doing tonight will be seven hours? Or 9?

7. Because by turning it forward at midnight one hour, I'll essentially skip the entire 12 o'clock hour... Right?

I'm concerned, because I've already done one shift today, my landlord is coming by tomorrow (which means the housework gets DONE SIR! DONE!) And I'm freaking tired...

Old 03-09-2013, 10:43 PM   #22733

Liked 52 Times on 40 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

You know, I never thought about that. If the clocks "spring forward" at 2am then 2am will become 3am, thus losing on hour on your 8hr shift. Lucky you!

Old 03-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #22734

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ts View Post

You know, I never thought about that. If the clocks "spring forward" at 2am then 2am will become 3am, thus losing on hour on your 8hr shift. Lucky you!
Unlucky me, I lose an extra hour of overtime.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #22735

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Unlucky me, I lose an extra hour of overtime.
What time are ya off? The change happens at 0200 methinks

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 03-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #22736
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8044 Times on 4640 Posts
Likes Given: 10380

Quote:
Yes, I'm home from work, and le toaster is... le working. I just toasted half a loaf of old stale bread just to watch this bad boy go!

Drop in...toaster ingests bread (by itself, no lever to press)...moments later, le awesome toaster gives the toast like commandments! TADA! A miracle of past engineering!

It's like a freaking toaster God!

I'm not being sarcastic. I truly am freaking amazed and blown away by this simple device who's only purpose for existence is to lightly scorch sliced bread on both sides. This is the most awesome damn toaster I've ever seen in my whole miserable little life. I am not worthy. I am not worthy. No, not even a little.

Why the hell don't they still make these?
Is it just me or does that sound terribly pathetic? Seriously Trip, you need to get more guns again. A freaking toaster excites you? Good God man, just think what a Garand would do!!!!

Quote:

7. Because by turning it forward at midnight one hour, I'll essentially skip the entire 12 o'clock hour... Right?

I'm concerned, because I've already done one shift today, my landlord is coming by tomorrow (which means the housework gets DONE SIR! DONE!) And I'm freaking tired...
Maybe if you hadn't wasted so much time and energy on toasting stale bread the house would be DONE SIR! DONE!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 03-09-2013, 11:21 PM   #22737
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6944 Times on 4177 Posts
Likes Given: 8349

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc00ts View Post
Yeah, when I work nights I don't like losing an hour's pay. On the other hand, in the fall, I hated adding that extra h our on when I already was working a 10 hour shift. Yeah, I'm never happy.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:21 PM   #22738

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:

You work 7 hours, you make the clock go ahead and so the time is quicker, now some people may forget to change the clocks and come an hour later.

I worked it a couple years ago when we had to put the clock back an hour. Not fun working a 12 hour shift which turned into 13 and still only getting paid 12 hours.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:42 PM   #22739

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post

What time are ya off? The change happens at 0200 methinks
I worked 0600 until 1400, gonna work 2200 to 0600 tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

Is it just me or does that sound terribly pathetic? Seriously Trip, you need to get more guns again. A freaking toaster excites you? Good God man, just think what a Garand would do!!!!

Maybe if you hadn't wasted so much time and energy on toasting stale bread the house would be DONE SIR! DONE!
By George, you're right on all counts. Dammit.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:49 PM   #22740
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6944 Times on 4177 Posts
Likes Given: 8349

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
You work 7 hours, you make the clock go ahead and so the time is quicker, now some people may forget to change the clocks and come an hour later.

I worked it a couple years ago when we had to put the clock back an hour. Not fun working a 12 hour shift which turned into 13 and still only getting paid 12 hours.
We got paid for the number of hours actually worked. If I worked 11 hours because the clock moved back an hour, I got paid for 11 hours.

And isn't it interesting people never seem to "forget" to move their clocks back one hour and show up an hour early for work but they sure "forget" to move their clocks ahead one hour and always show up an hour late.

Which reminds me of a story.......

Many years ago, my husband and I went to church on a Sunday. Of course, we were rushing because we were almost late after trying to get ourselves and two kids (at the time) ready for church. We drop the kids off at the daycare at the church (NO ONE SAYS A THING TO US) and we breeze into the church. All the seats are taken so we have to go way up in front. As we sit down and get settled in, the Reverend delivers the final blessing and the service is over. I was absolutely embarrassed beyond belief. I don't know why the day care people didn't mention to us the service was almost over. It was the weekend we turned the clock forward one hour and we had no idea it was that weekend.