Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2257
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #22561
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3379 Times on 1884 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Well they cant do anything with the MIL right now , her heart rate is in the 170-180 range and blood o2 levels are in the 80's and they cant seem to get her stabilized .
We should hold doctors to the same expectations of mechanics but I guess thats why they call it practice .

Think I will change the name of my company to Mobile Marine Practice , If I mess up or cant fix it they still pay , its a win win for me
I think the human body is a little more complicated than an engine... Just a little.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

People Like This 
Old 03-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #22562
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I think the human body is a little more complicated than an engine... Just a little.
Did you spend eight years in mechanic school? Did you get a title at the end? I'm all good with holding the medical profession to a bit more responsible standard. I think the fact that there is "malpractice" insurance would indicate that some judges & juries have too.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #22563
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

Did you spend eight years in mechanic school? Did you get a title at the end? I'm all good with holding the medical profession to a bit more responsible standard. I think the fact that there is "malpractice" insurance would indicate that some judges & juries have too.
Right but even a mechanic knows there are some things that can't be fixed without a complete overhaul, unfortunately you can't overhaul a person. And some times it's the person's fault, like when they don't put oil in the engine.

People Like This 
Old 03-05-2013, 08:40 PM   #22564

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

And let's face it, most of us use extremely sub par fuel. Plus, it's not exactly like you got to pick the make and model when you were born.

Some are born as an AMC gremlin, and use nothing but the crappiest fuel on the planet, like Redbull and donuts (guilty recently, but not lately)

Some are born a (insert your favorite make/model here) and don't have to get anything done until they get the equivalent of 70 years worth of wear and tear. Get over it.

Still, as Cinder said, some cars can't be fixed without a complete overhaul, AND even a lifetime mechanic doesn't fix EVERYTHING right the first time, 100% of the time.

Thus the reason for taking care of your particular make and model (body and car) as per expert recommendation. Just like a smoker can't expect anyone to honor a lifetime warranty, I wouldn't expect Chrysler to honor my lifetime warranty if I started pumping diesel into my car, refuse to change the oil or brakes, and start adding aftermarket performance parts.

It's economics and proven. Regular wellness visits to mechanics and doctors save money on major malfunctions later, barring unforseen circumstances.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #22565
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
And let's face it, most of us use extremely sub par fuel. Plus, it's not exactly like you got to pick the make and model when you were born.

Some are born as an AMC gremlin, and use nothing but the crappiest fuel on the planet, like Redbull and donuts (guilty recently, but not lately)

Some are born a (insert your favorite make/model here) and don't have to get anything done until they get the equivalent of 70 years worth of wear and tear. Get over it.

Still, as Cinder said, some cars can't be fixed without a complete overhaul, AND even a lifetime mechanic doesn't fix EVERYTHING right the first time, 100% of the time.

Thus the reason for taking care of your particular make and model (body and car) as per expert recommendation. Just like a smoker can't expect anyone to honor a lifetime warranty, I wouldn't expect Chrysler to honor my lifetime warranty if I started pumping diesel into my car, refuse to change the oil or brakes, and start adding aftermarket performance parts.

It's economics and proven. Regular wellness visits to mechanics and doctors save money on major malfunctions later, barring unforseen circumstances.
Yeah, what he said.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #22566

Liked 1137 Times on 823 Posts
Likes Given: 585

Quote:
Don't be so judgmental. There may be a lot going on with her. Does she have emphysema? Maybe her alveoli aren't functioning properly. Not every medical ailment can be cured with a pill in 12 hours or less. That is a pretty low O2 level. I am sure she has an oxygen mask or cannula on. Sometimes it takes a while to pinpoint exactly what is going on with a person's medical situation. Her low O2 could also be from heart problems rather than lung problems. Give the medical professionals a chance to do some tests and find out what's wrong............and hope that it's something that can be remedied

She has copd but like my mom she is pretty fit and eats and drinks pretty good .
I dont trust the majority of the doc , not getting into that , thats a whole new thread there .

As much chemicals , fumes , exhaust , being rough on my body , smoking ect ect , I will prob live to 80-90 , maybe my body is too toxic for most illnesses to live in my body , cancer prob pops up , looks around , and goes **** this place ! LOL

Side note : Little Nicky is freaking funny , cant believe I forgot all about that movie

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #22567

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Playing around on eBay. Loosing auctions because its something to do. Got burned. Now have a Simmons 3-9x40 scope. Eh. It'll do.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:16 PM   #22568
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
OK, but shouldn't a doctor be able to warrant his work against failure due to a defect in his workmanship, like a mechanic? If i had a headgasket replaced at a shop (did a couple years ago) and I the driver used only water with no antifreeze in the radiator, the shop would not be responsible for failure. However, even with all proper and reasonable precautions taken by the patients, doctors take very little responsibility for the quality/longevity of their work. My Dad had some intestinal difficulties in latter 2010; he was prescribed some heavy antibiotics and treated for a hernia or something; due to the heavy antibiotics, he ended up short on the "good bacteria" in his lower intestinal tract (AKA C-Diff) and had to pay several hundred dollars (after insurance coverage) for some pills to help him get over the C-Diff. At the least, the doctors should have comped the meds to fix the C-Diff caused by their original prescription/action.

Had my mechanic refilled my nissan's coolant resevoir with brake fluid, and had the nissan subsequently succumbed to some malady related to the incompressibility and thermodynamic properties of brake fluid and been returned to the mechanic within a year or X miles, the mechanic would have been on the hook for the cost of repairs due to his mistake. Otherwise, i very well may have burned down his house with him in it, as i know where he lives.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #22569

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Playing around on eBay. Loosing auctions because its something to do. Got burned. Now have a Simmons 3-9x40 scope. Eh. It'll do.
Careful bro. I once won an auction on a replica telescope. The primitive kind you see in pirate movies. I didn't expect to win, I was just playing around trying to learn how the system works.

Paid 20 bucks for it. Neither wanted nor needed it. Then the pay pal account I set up got hacked and I got wiped out of about 4 grand. It was linked to my checking account. I got it all back, but it took about 2 months and a LOT of headaches.

Old 03-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #22570
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Careful bro. I once won an auction on a replica telescope. The primitive kind you see in pirate movies. I didn't expect to win, I was just playing around trying to learn how the system works.

Paid 20 bucks for it. Neither wanted nor needed it. Then the pay pal account I set up got hacked and I got wiped out of about 4 grand. It was linked to my checking account. I got it all back, but it took about 2 months and a LOT of headaches.
Randy Travis is warming up somewheres.