Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2251
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #22501
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2573 Times on 1673 Posts

I got over being sick, but gave it to the kid.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 03-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #22502
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7824 Times on 4697 Posts
Likes Given: 9854

I just booked my flight to Jamaica and to stop and visit Cane on my way home. It's official now.

People Like This 
Old 03-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #22503

Liked 1226 Times on 877 Posts
Likes Given: 622

Yea , go ahead and carry in DC , it will keep you alert . I concealed very few times while there but only in bad parts or to the hotel room .

I am about 2 seconds away from sticking the shop vac up to my nose and turning it on , terrible terrible sinus infection , I may stick some straws up my nose so I can breath , do a nose tracheotomy .

Had to jump start grandmas new car this morning and she walks up to the truck and see's a .38 and the judge sitting there '' THATS ILLEGAL !'' Not its no memaw '' well you spose have a permit ! '' No I dont memaw '' WELL OK THEN!''

THEN we hear this thoopthoopthoopthoopthoopthoop , I look up and see a beautiful green and skinny helicopter with pods on each side , we all know what that one was .
Should have pointed the lazer at him , maybe he would have turned around so I could get a better look

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 03-04-2013, 04:49 PM   #22504
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Yea , go ahead and carry in DC , it will keep you alert . I concealed very few times while there but only in bad parts or to the hotel room .

I am about 2 seconds away from sticking the shop vac up to my nose and turning it on , terrible terrible sinus infection , I may stick some straws up my nose so I can breath , do a nose tracheotomy .

Had to jump start grandmas new car this morning and she walks up to the truck and see's a .38 and the judge sitting there '' THATS ILLEGAL !'' Not its no memaw '' well you spose have a permit ! '' No I dont memaw '' WELL OK THEN!''

THEN we hear this thoopthoopthoopthoopthoopthoop , I look up and see a beautiful green and skinny helicopter with pods on each side , we all know what that one was .
Should have pointed the lazer at him , maybe he would have turned around so I could get a better look
Some guy around here pointed a laser at a police helicopter. I think he got 5 years for it.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #22505

Liked 1226 Times on 877 Posts
Likes Given: 622

Quote:
Some guy around here pointed a laser at a police helicopter. I think he got 5 years for it.
Guy just got busted for that in Wilmington , why is it so illegal to do that ?
On military I could see it setting off a laser lock or something but a normal aircraft ?

If you can point a laser at an Apache you got a pair , damn if I want to see that thing staring me down

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 03-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #22506

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I don't think your average commercial jet would know...
Maybe Scott or one of our other pilots could tell us.

Old 03-04-2013, 05:40 PM   #22507
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1787 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1551

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Guy just got busted for that in Wilmington , why is it so illegal to do that ?
On military I could see it setting off a laser lock or something but a normal aircraft ?

If you can point a laser at an Apache you got a pair , damn if I want to see that thing staring me down
Easy MM it's possible to blind the pilots with a green laser and the last thing you want is someone blinding the pilots while they might be on final approach.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 03-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #22508

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 11

I wonder what it would take to start a militia. I don't mean the certian group or religious haters but a real localized militia. Likt in the day of Paul Revere when there were minutemen. Is it legal. If not it should be under the constitution. A group of like minded guys and gals that get together once or twice a month to go over drills and tactics. One can learn from another and so on. What are your thoughts out there and I am no gun nut, as a matter of fact I am disabled and can't walk very well and I am worried that if the SHTF who could I count on to help me unless there were a group already in existence and trained with plans to do what needed to be done and be organized and prepared.

Old 03-04-2013, 06:57 PM   #22509
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3863 Times on 2306 Posts
Likes Given: 3233

Funnelrider, here is my opinion, each of the colonies had their own armed civilian fighting force-some we're called minutemen. Today these colonies are states and their civilian armed force is called the National Guard. I have shooting buddies to practice, and this is totally legal even in Germany. If someone asks, just say you are having a good time shooting with your buddies. If the shtf, then I honestly do not think the law is relevant anymore. Neighbors also have the right to protect each other. Just stay low key and do not say anything you may regret later. I also feel that today's musket is an AR-15. All eligible Americans should own one and be proficient.

Old 03-04-2013, 07:02 PM   #22510

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

In the US, it's completely legal to get together with friends and play war games, discuss current events, discuss preparedness, and learn from one another.

It's also a good way to draw attention to yourself. One of the most publicized militias is the Mississippi Militia. They, to my knowledge, are given very little respect, and are assumed to be infiltrated by federal agents for a very long time.

The fact that the whole bunch haven't been arrested is testament to the legalities of what they're doing.