Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2013, 12:07 AM   #22481
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3010 Times on 1682 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post

that's some of that meat he would use some of those Italian sauces on!
I know and at this point if he puts Italian sauces and anything I may not eat it

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

People Like This 
Old 03-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #22482
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7808 Times on 4509 Posts
Likes Given: 10055

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
The problem is, he does cook pretty well. I probably wouldn't ever know... Guess I'll just have to cook. I'm not any good at that by the way.

Sounds like you have the same approach as the railroad....

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #22483
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 916 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
take the notebook (and the cannoli for that matter)

Keep your note taking brief (memory jogger)

On interview questions that go beyond history- do you know the SOAR technique for answering?

Them: Tell me about a time when you were able to engage in unusual methods of solving a problem.

SITUATION: I working with a group that counseled the parents of at-risk unemployed artichoke packers. There were 5 of us there in Alabama, and our nearest supervisor was in Portugal. So we were pretty much on our own.

OBSTACLE: We found that a large percentage of the parents spoke only Waloon, and had very limited English skills. None of us knew any Waloon, so our effectiveness was being very sharply limited.

ACTION: After some research, I was able to contact the International Brussel Sprout Growers Association, and explained our problem. They gave me contacts with some local members that were fluent in Waloon. With their help, we established a "Key Phrase" quick reference guide- things like "Do not beat your son with household appliances."

RESULTS: The participation in the program skyrocketed from 4 families a month to 47 families a week. We continued to work with our volunteer linguist and were able to translate about 80% of our material into written Waloon. At the end of the year we received our groups Golden Ho-Hah award for the greatest improvement in the organization.

Use ACTION words, and things that can be measured. You did not facilitate, you WROTE a program- or CREATED training materials, counseled evil doers, etc.

Now go knock em dead.
C3 I know you didn't mean to but you just described every social worker and psyche nurse/councilor I ever met(including my ex who was a psyche nurse). A massive amount of bullsh!t surrounded by a bunch of meaningless words. No offense to the OP it is just that my parents kept foster kids almost my entire life and I have found that about 25% of social workers actually are there to help, this segment burns out fast in the system. 25% are there because they think they are smarter than everyone else and should be telling them how to live their lives. The other 50 percent are there because they need to be in charge of people who are more screwed up than they are. This last is especially true of people in the psyche world.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:53 AM   #22484

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
I know and at this point if he puts Italian sauces and anything I may not eat it
Good. Gravy is better anyway. And I regret not letting you sample a little more of my cooking...
Old 03-04-2013, 01:14 AM   #22485
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post

C3 I know you didn't mean to but you just described every social worker and psyche nurse/councilor I ever met(including my ex who was a psyche nurse). A massive amount of bullsh!t surrounded by a bunch of meaningless words. No offense to the OP it is just that my parents kept foster kids almost my entire life and I have found that about 25% of social workers actually are there to help, this segment burns out fast in the system. 25% are there because they think they are smarter than everyone else and should be telling them how to live their lives. The other 50 percent are there because they need to be in charge of people who are more screwed up than they are. This last is especially true of people in the psyche world.
Uh, I think he was just trying to help out and C3 actually knows everything.

Old 03-04-2013, 01:16 AM   #22486
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Good. Gravy is better anyway. And I regret not letting you sample a little more of my cooking...
We'll work on that

Old 03-04-2013, 01:20 AM   #22487
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8421 Times on 3651 Posts
Likes Given: 1300

Quote:
I know you didn't mean to
Don't be TOO sure, grasshopper!

Not my first rodeo......Man is trying to get a J-O-B, and if he is a fellow gun buff, likely to fall into the good 25%.

In the meanwhile, just remember the line from The Prospector by Robert Service-

"Perhaps I am stark crazy, but there’s none of you too sane;
It’s just a little matter of degree."

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

People Like This 
Old 03-04-2013, 02:02 AM   #22488
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 916 Times on 546 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Don't be TOO sure, grasshopper!

Not my first rodeo......Man is trying to get a J-O-B, and if he is a fellow gun buff, likely to fall into the good 25%.

In the meanwhile, just remember the line from The Prospector by Robert Service-

"Perhaps I am stark crazy, but there’s none of you too sane;
It’s just a little matter of degree."
Yes you are right about that and I probably spoke out of turn. Sometimes (most of the time) I go off half cocked on this subject and in the divorce thread too! I meant no offense and I would not get in the way of someone getting a good job. And you are right about a gun guy being likely to fall into the good 25 %. I hope he can survive in the bureaucracy and wish him well.

Cinder you are right also and also a lucky gal or I should say trip is a very lucky guy. And C3 probably does know everything or at least almost every thing. Like I said this and the divorce thread are very sore subjects for me and I am just coming off of a conversation with my ex tonight that set me off and got me going on all of this. A little bit of beer didn't help either.

Again I am sorry if I offended anyone in this deal.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:17 AM   #22489
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4U View Post

Yes you are right about that and I probably spoke out of turn. Sometimes (most of the time) I go off half cocked on this subject and in the divorce thread too! I meant no offense and I would not get in the way of someone getting a good job. And you are right about a gun guy being likely to fall into the good 25 %. I hope he can survive in the bureaucracy and wish him well.

Cinder you are right also and also a lucky gal or I should say trip is a very lucky guy. And C3 probably does know everything or at least almost every thing. Like I said this and the divorce thread are very sore subjects for me and I am just coming off of a conversation with my ex tonight that set me off and got me going on all of this. A little bit of beer didn't help either.

Again I am sorry if I offended anyone in this deal.
I know I'm lucky.

Old 03-04-2013, 02:37 AM   #22490

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
I know I'm lucky.
HA!!! I'm the lucky one. Wanna argue?