Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2013, 04:45 AM   #22461
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Random question but is it apropriate to bring a notepad into an interview to take notes?

Old 03-03-2013, 05:14 AM   #22462

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffm View Post
Random question but is it apropriate to bring a notepad into an interview to take notes?
Really depends on the job. Any highly technical type of employment that you may not be familiar with that particular company's way of doing things, sure. If your pretty experienced in your field, but think you may have hard to remember responses to some questions about the company, sure.

If you're semi skilled labor, and will be hired as such, it's not inappropriate, but may not be necessary.

If your unskilled labor and going to be hired as such, you may give the impression you can't remember ****.

McDonalds? Is your blood warm? Your golden, leave it at home.

You're a welder/fabricator by trade aren't you? Or is that sometime else I'm thinking of? If it's you, then you know that skill set can be used in many different ways. I would take just a single legal pad. Make sure you actually use it for something.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:24 PM   #22463

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Oh my God, I forgot gello's favorite part! The bears. Two of them. One pushed some last around in a big baby stroller. Then he sat in his rocking chair the rest of the time. I think he was old. The other one tide in the stroller at one point, rode a rocking horse, and a few other things I can't remember.
Gello wud LOVE them bears

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

dango Likes This 
Old 03-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #22464
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

Quote:

They carry leprosy or sneering like it. Go ahead if you want.
It's kind of a pseudo leprosy, I wouldn't touch 'em with a 10 ft pole but I will shoot them. I hate them critters, they tear up everything.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #22465

Liked 39 Times on 33 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Quote:
Really depends on the job. Any highly technical type of employment that you may not be familiar with that particular company's way of doing things, sure. If your pretty experienced in your field, but think you may have hard to remember responses to some questions about the company, sure.

If you're semi skilled labor, and will be hired as such, it's not inappropriate, but may not be necessary.

If your unskilled labor and going to be hired as such, you may give the impression you can't remember ****.

McDonalds? Is your blood warm? Your golden, leave it at home.

You're a welder/fabricator by trade aren't you? Or is that sometime else I'm thinking of? If it's you, then you know that skill set can be used in many different ways. I would take just a single legal pad. Make sure you actually use it for something.
it would be working with people who are victims of crime and also people who commited the crimes in helping them out, noting who does what, where they live ect... I work directly with courts, judges, and attorneys. (I have never been involved in welding, so that is someone else). The people giving me the interview are coming from Olympia, WA which is about 2 hours north of me and only two people get interviewed for the spot (18 people applied) and I am one of the two who gets interviewed.

Old 03-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #22466
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20080 Times on 11423 Posts
Likes Given: 50640

Quote:
it would be working with people who are victims of crime and also people who commited the crimes in helping them out, noting who does what, where they live ect... I work directly with courts, judges, and attorneys. (I have never been involved in welding, so that is someone else). The people giving me the interview are coming from Olympia, WA which is about 2 hours north of me and only two people get interviewed for the spot (18 people applied) and I am one of the two who gets interviewed.
sounds like the odds are in your favor. good luck with the interview and think and act positive, not arrogant but confident. good luck and let us know how it comes out.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #22467

Quote:

Then yes, a notebook would probably be in order.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:32 PM   #22468

Just got done (I think) arguing with an anti gun liberal on Facebook. I'm in a mood.

Old 03-03-2013, 09:34 PM   #22469
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20080 Times on 11423 Posts
Likes Given: 50640

Quote:
Just got done (I think) arguing with an anti gun liberal on Facebook. I'm in a mood.
don't you feel dumber now? i always feel i lose IQ points when having a conversation with a liberal!

Old 03-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #22470
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6767 Times on 4090 Posts
Likes Given: 8103

Quote:
*runs into my bedroom and shuts the door*
People Like This