Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2236
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 02:21 AM   #22351
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7107 Times on 4278 Posts
Likes Given: 8625

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I have been watching Hogan's Heros the last few nights. Why aren't there a lot of good shows like that around today?
If I stay up late I like to watch Frazier then Golden Girls. I forgot how funny they were. Niles cracks me up on Frazier and ALL the Golden Girls are funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
There's a lot of twisted panties around the forum again lately. This upsets me. Is it me? Or maybe I just see it more when I get more active on here...
Yes, lots of twisted panties.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 03-01-2013, 02:29 AM   #22352
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1936 Times on 1179 Posts
Likes Given: 2107

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
A guy at my dads work made some of these coexist stickers up...
Dang. Is he taking orders?

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 03-01-2013, 02:30 AM   #22353

Liked 2459 Times on 1595 Posts

Been fighting this fing cold. It never gets real bad, but never goes away. Gonna try komachu or something green tea, honey, lemon and whiskEy.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 03-01-2013, 02:33 AM   #22354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
The guys I work with always tease me about wearing ear plugs, I just tell them I don't wanna be deaf like them when I get old.
And you're right to wear them working on and around engines, compressed air tools, etc. Ears don't heal themselves from that kind of damage. Eardrums may heal up, but not the inner parts. Hearing loss is permanent.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

People Like This 
Old 03-01-2013, 02:38 AM   #22355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota
And you're right to wear them working on and around engines, compressed air tools, etc. Ears don't heal themselves from that kind of damage. Eardrums may heal up, but not the inner parts. Hearing loss is permanent.
+1000!!!

This is damn good advice, people.

Of course, in another ten years people will quit talking all together, communication will be through electronics hard wired to the brain. Plug in and think-text. Eeek

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 03-01-2013, 02:43 AM   #22356
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3272 Times on 1814 Posts
Likes Given: 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post

+1000!!!

Of course, in another ten years people will quit talking all together, communication will be through electronics hard wired to the brain. Plug in and think-text. Eeek
I don't like that idea at all. I would rather don't with someone and talk to them than text them or even talk on the phone. I rarely talk on my phone. Mostly only to Trip. And even then I rarely have much to say...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:47 AM   #22357

I find talking on the phone rather annoying, too. Texting is handy, I work in a noisy environment, and it is usually faster and handier than calling.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 03-01-2013, 03:02 AM   #22358
F4U
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 952 Times on 568 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
+1000!!!

A couple of years ago we were driving back from a race or something I can't remember now, me driving, my buddy riding shotgun, his 2 boys and 1 of their friends in the back seat. Not a sound from back there for about an hour and a half. I kept checking in the mirror, all 3 were texting the whole time. When I asked they claimed they weren't texting each other but I have my doubts. I don't think I have an hours worth of texts since they invented it!!

Old 03-01-2013, 03:03 AM   #22359

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
You know it's going to be a long day when you look at this...

Attachment 88106

And think, huh, I wonder what that gauge does...

Attachment 88107

Then feel like a complete idiot a few seconds later when you realize it's a clock....
There's a lot to respect about you Cinder, but the best is the ability to laugh at yourself!

Balota

People Like This 
Old 03-01-2013, 03:07 AM   #22360
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8278 Times on 4784 Posts
Likes Given: 10706

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC167 View Post
I remember when I was younger having to sit through Lawrence Welker, so I could watch Emergency.
Reminded me of this movie from the '70's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
As my British lady would say, some of us have a twist in our knickers. For good reason.
1. Weather sux for shooting
2. No ammo to go shooting
3. Ammo is YOU WANT HOW MUCH???

OK- so take a few minutes, and everyone go shooting. When the image of the pistol loads, click on the white dot on the trigger. You have 10 seconds, 3 rounds. Eye and ears? Good- now go shoot.

http://deti.mil.by/templates/swf/Pistol/index.swf
Well, I tried three times and got a 27, then I had to go to the library. I got frustrated because I know I do better than that with my Glock so I tried.

Time to get another laptop... Thanks a lot C3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Dang. Is he taking orders?
I've seen them on eBay.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.