Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2013, 02:14 AM   #22131
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post

Our daughter HATES loud noises and will get scared or cry around them. We were in a "build-a-bear" store the other day. She was walking around and stepped on a petal, which activated an air nozzle. Scared the crap outta both of us. Poor thing was NOT happy lol.

Today she asked me to pop one of those big air filled bubbles for packing boxes, I told her okay, that it was going to be loud, I cover her ears and back up. She said okay and did so, I popped it and she looked at me, sat down and stared. I asked her if she was okay and she busted out crying and ran to mama. Made me feel so bad, I tried to tell her.
I know how she feels. Some times I'll bump an air dump valve. I know exactly what it is but it makes me jump every time.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

dango Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 02:15 AM   #22132
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:

Utah is a looooooooooooong drive. Got to have the Malibu in the shop at 0830 for that seal replacement. Bastards.
But it's scarier and more fun than Twilight.

dango Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 02:19 AM   #22133

Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
But it's a very cute and unobtrusive snore. It actually made me sleep better.
LOL, I am told the same thing. That is unless I'm getting kneed in the back or smothered with a pillow over my head. Warning, warning -- danger Will Robinson!

Last edited by HockaLouis; 02-25-2013 at 02:29 AM.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 02:19 AM   #22134

Liked 9185 Times on 5049 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post

But it's scarier and more fun than Twilight.
Why you hanging out in a cemetery? And why aren't I invited instead of some other guy?
Old 02-25-2013, 02:23 AM   #22135

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
How is that even possible? No! No, don't tell me. I don't want to know.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ كفري

dango Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 02:23 AM   #22136
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Why you hanging out in a cemetery? And why aren't I invited instead of some other guy?
We're going to see the grave that apparently says, "victim of the beast" and "666"
You're always invited, I just feel bad for him. I would NEVER make you watch Twilight.

dango Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 02:27 AM   #22137
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7364 Times on 4266 Posts
Likes Given: 9480

Quote:
Our daughter HATES loud noises and will get scared or cry around them. We were in a "build-a-bear" store the other day. She was walking around and stepped on a petal, which activated an air nozzle. Scared the crap outta both of us. Poor thing was NOT happy lol.

Today she asked me to pop one of those big air filled bubbles for packing boxes, I told her okay, that it was going to be loud, I cover her ears and back up. She said okay and did so, I popped it and she looked at me, sat down and stared. I asked her if she was okay and she busted out crying and ran to mama. Made me feel so bad, I tried to tell her.
When my oldest was till in the womb I would sometimes talk to him and try to feel him move. Once I sneezed (my sneezes are like a cannon going off) and he jumped something fierce. It was like something out of Roger Rabbit, like he was trying to run out of the womb! Freaking hilarious. I felt like I might have damaged his hearing before he was even born. Anyhow, as the two were born and grew, they got used to my booming voice and really don't respond to it like other kids do. I can wake the dead two counties over and they will hardly notice. Other kids will jump to attention and say "YES SIR!" but my boys think it is just another day with Dad. Other parents marvel at this fact. I have inadvertently made kids cry just when I say hello because of my voice.

On the other hand I have conditioned the boys since they were very young to respond to a singly sharp whistle and their heads snap around. It annoys them somewhat, they have had to explain it to friends sometimes. But if we are across a convention center from each other and I whistle, they immediately know where I am and look at me to see what I want.

Comes in very handy. I recommend it as a tool for all parents!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 02:32 AM   #22138
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6130 Times on 3715 Posts
Likes Given: 6963

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
When my oldest was till in the womb I would sometimes talk to him and try to feel him move. Once I sneezed (my sneezes are like a cannon going off) and he jumped something fierce. It was like something out of Roger Rabbit, like he was trying to run out of the womb! Freaking hilarious. I felt like I might have damaged his hearing before he was even born. Anyhow, as the two were born and grew, they got used to my booming voice and really don't respond to it like other kids do. I can wake the dead two counties over and they will hardly notice. Other kids will jump to attention and say "YES SIR!" but my boys think it is just another day with Dad. Other parents marvel at this fact. I have inadvertently made kids cry just when I say hello because of my voice.

On the other hand I have conditioned the boys since they were very young to respond to a singly sharp whistle and their heads snap around. It annoys them somewhat, they have had to explain it to friends sometimes. But if we are across a convention center from each other and I whistle, they immediately know where I am and look at me to see what I want.

When I was pregnant with my first child, they were testing the fire alarms at work. My poor little baby had a fit inside me at the loud noise.

I have a way of getting my kid's attention in a crowd, too. My daughter's nick name is Lou and I have a high pitched, sharp, quick LOU call. She can hear it far away and she wears hearing aids. LOL
dango Likes This 
Old 02-25-2013, 02:34 AM   #22139

Liked 812 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Hmmm... My parents had a neighbor that would blow up balloons and give them to his kids and pop them with a pin while they were holding them half the time to teach then that life sucks and to be tough.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:35 AM   #22140
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

I have never been able to whistle....

dango Likes This