Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2208
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 03:06 AM   #22071
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
U r lucky -- they make a synthetic bolt stop pin that acts like an energy dampening The Wedge in an AR -- you should take advantage of this and buy one.
Since some of my parts seemed out of spec and I am missing some I have actually been thinking of doing just that. Some different pins, a different bolt, and maybe a different trigger are in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post

He finally slowed down enough to read EVERY step in the manual, like I told him literally 15 times. It was a 22/45, and the manual mentioned the specific steps for only it. Must be the updated manual.

Then we moved on to the 10-22. He's had it for 5 years and never cleaned it. Everything was really tight. We could barely keep the spring compressed enough to drop the bolt over the charging handle.
Before I ever broke down my 22/45 for the first time I read the manual front to back so many times I made sure that I knew it by memory. Even then I still had it on hand in case something went afoul. Unfortunatley, when reassembling the pistol the manual left out the part where you need to keep the trigger fully depressed until the you have the entire main spring housing placed back into the pistol. Instead it stops just short of that process after ejecting the magazine from the pistol when you are about the put the main spring housing back into place. I found out about the step that was missing by watching a YouTube video on disassembling and reassembling a 22/45.

As for the Ruger 10/22, it was a brand new rifle that I had in storage for a few years. It had never been fired, had no rust, obvious NiB condition, etc. The instructions for that were pretty simple and it should have been simple. I was just surprised that I was missing parts and that some seemed out of spec when putting it back together. To this day I am perplexed in how the hammer spring assembly (I know I said trigger, but I meant hammer) just fell apart and flew out of my rifle without any aggervation to it. It was as if they just assembled the rifle sloppily before rolling off the line. I don't see it as such a bad thing now though because it just gives me an excuse now to put different parts in it.

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

Old 02-24-2013, 03:34 AM   #22072
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8452 Times on 4896 Posts
Likes Given: 11020

Happy Valentine's Day Honey! (no, this isn't me).

http://screen.yahoo.com/husband-gets-revenge-084500815.html

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 02-24-2013, 03:39 AM   #22073

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post

I really needed that! Thank you!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:47 AM   #22074
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21697 Times on 12308 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:

holy crap! happy valentine's day my azz!

wonder who gets to clean up that mess?
Old 02-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #22075
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2925 Times on 1699 Posts
Likes Given: 1742

She was right on atleast 2 counts: 1) he's an idiot (proof- he married her and ruined a perfectly good sports car); and 2) the crazy speaks for itself.

I'll have to say though, I enjoyed it.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #22076
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8452 Times on 4896 Posts
Likes Given: 11020

While the guy in the video isn't me, I can sympathize with him. It is just too bad that my wife hasn't placed an ad (that I have seen yet). Oh, and I wouldn't fill her car with horse manure, I would keep the car and drive it anywhere that I thought she might see me- just to show here what she had left behind (no matter how much of a heap her car is) and sell her horses off to a rental stable for them to use. Horses are too much work and too expensive.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #22077
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7300 Times on 4391 Posts
Likes Given: 8947

Quote:
While the guy in the video isn't me, I can sympathize with him. It is just too bad that my wife hasn't placed an ad (that I have seen yet). Oh, and I wouldn't fill her car with horse manure, I would keep the car and drive it anywhere that I thought she might see me- just to show here what she had left behind (no matter how much of a heap her car is) and sell her horses off to a rental stable for them to use. Horses are too much work and too expensive.
I want a horse. Tell her you gave her horses to "another woman". LOL
People Like This 
Old 02-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #22078
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7300 Times on 4391 Posts
Likes Given: 8947

Look, Wills........they spelled "Sweet Thang" wrong.

willshoum Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #22079

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I want a horse. Tell her you gave her horses to "another woman". LOL
Winds--- I strongly urge you to think hard about that
Mabe borrow one for awhile & have 100% responsibility for it - that might change your mind

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #22080

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
...and sell her horses off to a rental stable for them to use. Horses are too much work and too expensive.
Not the horse's fault though now is it?

I would definately have changed her profile to something sick and twisted. And THEN fill her car with manure after she had a while to wonder, think, about who might have made the changes -- calling the dating site, etc., but not being able to ask her husband if he knew of course!!!

Happened to a guy I know -- he found e-Mails on her PC and got into her account showing she was cheating. I volunteered to go to her boyfriend's house and "interview" him. Also to set up the video and audio surveilance which would eventually be made public. He just couldn't wait. He threw a coupla e-Mail printouts at her and a perfect divorce settlement out the window. Now they are in a race to see who can charge the most on their credit cards before they are forced to sell their house to pay the bills which, in today's market, will be at a loss to boot...

Last edited by HockaLouis; 02-24-2013 at 05:49 PM.