Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2199
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #21981
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1344 Times on 966 Posts
Likes Given: 664

Oh I got the right set up and materials to roll mine and i can punch out 15 or so a minute but if you dont have hair on your chest it will put it there , if you do it will take it off , they are harsh even with filters .
I smoke basic lights and I can tell a huge difference in the basics , camels and the cowboy mans . I started with basic b/c they were one of the cheapest but now they are one of the highest

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 02-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #21982
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9088 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Oh I got the right set up and materials to roll mine and i can punch out 15 or so a minute but if you dont have hair on your chest it will put it there , if you do it will take it off , they are harsh even with filters .
I smoke basic lights and I can tell a huge difference in the basics , camels and the cowboy mans . I started with basic b/c they were one of the cheapest but now they are one of the highest
Hmm. Well, you have always seemed like a tough guy to me---

Old 02-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #21983

Liked 9213 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

If you find natural tobacco harsher than store bought smokes, you need to switch brands of tobacco. I was cranking out my own filtered cigarettes for nearly two years or more before I quit, and was hand rolling non filters for at least a year before that.

The taste, smell, and dependency are all much better with natural tobacco. And while tobacco is bad enough, the big manufacturers DO add even more chemicals to it. They use all kind of different stuff during growing, processing, and for preserving.

Of course, quitting it is the best thing, but if you'd like to try making your own again, and saving a freaking butt ton of money, I recommend "Largo Naturals". It comes in a golden brown bag with a picture of a cabin or something on it. In my opinion, it's by far the best cigarette tobacco for home rollers out there.

Side note: I have a cigarette machine I'll sell. It's just been sitting in a drawer because it cost $45. My sister's friend was supposed to take it, but she decided to quit about the same time I did.

Old 02-22-2013, 09:01 PM   #21984
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Does it take over a certain function of your body or chemical ?
I know with pain meds and I was worried about the amount mom had to take when she here with us but they way they explained it to me was you brain can only produce a certain amount of its own pain killer . When you add synthetic or alternate pain kill it helps boost it but over time your brain will stop making its own , kinda like a liberal , why should it work when something else is doing it for you .
An alcoholic is bad off when they will drink rubbing alcohol or cologne even air freshener , dad saw it alot when he was a prison guard .

Hell most anything can be addicting , even certain gun forums
NOOOO Im not a adrenalin junkie
Don't quote me on this, but I think alcohol takes over certain chemicals that keeps your heart functioning. If you quit cold turkey, those chemicals are no longer keeping your heart going. This usually only happens to severe alcoholics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
When I initially quit drinking, I went through about a week of hell. Shakes, pains, fever, diarrhea, vomiting, headaches, arrhythmia, blackouts, extreme irritability, confusion, insomnia, and probably some other problems I don't remember.

I wasn't even a hardcore alcoholic. I was drinking all the time, but rarely ever drunk. A buddy had a car breathalyzer, and we would play around with it. I rarely even got close to the legal limit, which I personally think is way too damn high and objective anyway.

Now, I can have a few drinks, and even occasionally tie one on, and not touch a drop for another six months. Right now it's been almost a month. I had my last drink when I realized I was sick. A while back, I got drunk and posted some crazy stuff here on the forum, I think that was around 4 months ago or so. Maybe a little less.
A lot of those are common side effects of quitting. I don't think you need to get drunk for alcohol to effect you. The fact that it is in you body almost constantly may be enough.
winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 02-22-2013, 09:26 PM   #21985
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 8932 Times on 5344 Posts
Likes Given: 11934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Yeah if you're enough of an alcoholic, quitting on your own can be a very bad idea. I had a friend who drank constantly when he got home. He was getting help and for some reason his girlfriend decided she knew better than the nurses and people that were helping him. He said he thought he was going to die before she finally to him to the er...
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Alcohol is the only drug that can literaly kill you if you quit cold turkey. If your enough of an alcoholic, it could cause your body to go into cardiac arrest.
Yes, alcohol withdrawal can kill one who is addicted. Cinder, that guys girlfriend took a BIG RISK with his life.

Quote:
Both docs told me my biggest recovery hurdle is smoking , dont know if I believe them or not.
Believe your doctor. My friend, Dave, who went to the Veterans hospital to withdraw from drinking eventually quit smoking a couple years after sobriety. One of the most profound things he's told me is it was much harder to quit smoking than drinking. And this guy was a severe alcoholic.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:04 PM   #21986

Trip I think mine a TOP machine and I can buy 200 tubes for 3.00 and bag of tobaker for 15 for pipe '' very harsh '' or 25 for for the real kind '' taxes you know''
I dont really want to stop smoking at this point and until you want to it wont happen no matter the help you get .
Did I mention I have several hundred assorted Nicorete patches that spilled out of that rv ? If I do decide I want to I am prepared , God knows how much money I have sitting there , they are NOT cheap and these are the real deals

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 02-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #21987
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2884 Times on 1582 Posts
Likes Given: 810

I spoke to a friend who is contemplating shoulder surgery. He is going to start the Hyaluronic Acid. His sister works in the medical field and told him to hold off for 3 years if he can. Stem cells may be able to replace the cartilage without surgery. Researchers have been able to get around harvesting stem cells from fetuses so there is a lot less religious objection.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:07 PM   #21988
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Did I mention I have several hundred assorted Nicorete patches that spilled out of that rv ? If I do decide I want to I am prepared , God knows how much money I have sitting there , they are NOT cheap and these are the real deals
Do NOT exceeed the recommended number of patches at a time. We had to send a client to the doctor from the office after she walked back in from a cigarette break; she was wearing two or three patches too.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:29 PM   #21989

Liked 4570 Times on 2541 Posts
Likes Given: 195

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

Yes, alcohol withdrawal can kill one who is addicted. Cinder, that guys girlfriend took a BIG RISK with his life.

Believe your doctor. My friend, Dave, who went to the Veterans hospital to withdraw from drinking eventually quit smoking a couple years after sobriety. One of the most profound things he's told me is it was much harder to quit smoking than drinking. And this guy was a severe alcoholic.
Yep and that girl got a piece of my mind, at my friend's request, when I got to the hospital.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 02-23-2013, 12:29 AM   #21990

I recall a few yrs ago the doc put me on a smoking cessation patch but dont recall which one but after bout 1hr it felt like my heart was going to explode and my arm felt weird , ripped the patch off swung by the pharmacy to see if I was going to die and they told me to go to the er if it got worse and not to put anymore on .

A good day to die hard anyone ? pm me

Thinking about starting a game thread called '' Guess this/that gun part ''.
Nothing like a plain screw or a bead sight unless it is gun specific .
Like , post a pic of a 1911 or SKS firing pin and see who can guess it
I think it would be fun and educational

THOUGHTS ?

bigdaddy60 Likes This