Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #21911
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6750 Times on 4078 Posts
Likes Given: 8059

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
When my father-in-law was in a nursing home I would bring him a Kirk's burger (local burger joint)and it would make his day. They had him on an all-liquid diet but as long as I sat with him and monitored his eating (which I did 3 times a day anyhow) it was OK, and it made him happy.

Make sure they aren't aspirating their White Castle burgers and let them enjoy!
My Father has no problem eating solid food. I often bring him a bag of Clementine Cuties or a taffy apple (in season). He's fine with any type of food. The other man is right around my age and I believe he's there for some post op rehab and will be heading for home in the future.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #21912

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post

Empty ammo shelves
Yep here too. The only place that has ammo is the shop that will only sell it to you if you buy a gun.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ كفري

Old 02-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #21913
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Just got back from perusing a gaming forum I used to be on quite regularly and now I have a headache from reading the BS that they write.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 02-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #21914

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Just got back from the doc. I was laying on the table, and he leaned against me to look at my neck, placing his hand on my gut. He made one squeak out. Then he laughed and pressed on my gut, making me sound off like a freight train. He started giggling like a little kid and said, "wow, your like a musical instrument!". Then Sue wanted to join in, climbed up on the table and dropped an elbow in my gut, making even more racket sounding like a tuba. Then him and the doc exchanged high fives...

I'm glad they were amused. I weren't.

He shot me up with lidocaine and cut these lesions off my neck. He's gonna send them off to be tested. they both bled really good, so he burned the sites. Smelled real good. Made my stomach growl. Does that make me a borderline cannibal, enjoying the smell of my own burning flesh? Oh well...

Lidocaine is wearing off, but he made good, clean cuts with a razor, so it doesn't really hurt. Feels like a slight bruise. He said the burning should help a little too. The bandages sticking to my beard are a bigger nuisance. Can't turn my head without it pulling. He told me to just leave them on for a few hours, then when I take a shower to put some neosporin on them.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #21915
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3010 Times on 1682 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Seal coming out of the transaxle. Gay. Lol
I bet that's fun to change... A lot of the time those boots on both ends of the axle will tear, if you catch it soon enough you can replace the boot not the whole axle...
Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

I would go crazy. I like people but I also like my space. Fortunately, I have never had to share a house with anyone but my husband and my children. Oh, yeah, my sister once for about 3 months while she was getting a divorce but I was so glad when she finally got her own place.
At least we don't have shared rooms, so if I get to the point where I want to hurt someone I'll just lock myself in my room or go for a drive.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #21916
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

So Trip are you saying you're a one man brass band?

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 02-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #21917

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Glad to hear the Dr and Sue "tuned you".

How is your gi track this week ? You might as well go ahead and put me off my feed for the rest of the evening. Lol

NEVER FORGET

bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 02-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #21918

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
So Trip are you saying you're a one man brass band?
Sounds like a combo of brass and percussion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Glad to hear the Dr and Sue "tuned you".

How is your gi track this week ? You might as well go ahead and put me off my feed for the rest of the evening. Lol
I've been okay now for a few days, as long as I take it easy and don't get overwork myself. All the blood work came back good, but my pressure and triglycerides are high.

The biggest problem never was the GI, it was the random fever spells, aches, migraines and lethargy that were bothering me the most. I believe these can all be attributed to high blood pressure, so that's how I'm gonna treat it. I'm just taking it easy for now, and staying away from the fast food. Gonna have to start exercising again. Glad I got a hand me down bike, it's more interesting that walking and running beats up my knees too bad.

Old 02-21-2013, 10:15 PM   #21919

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I wouldn't mind having one of those just to have it. I could say with some currenty that I would never use it. But it would still be cool.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ كفري

Old 02-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #21920

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Good to hear it. Welcome to getting older.

NEVER FORGET