Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2183
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 11:09 PM   #21821
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Thanks y'all.

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 PM   #21822
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22310 Times on 12476 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

she's adorable KYtowboater!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #21823
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8796 Times on 5253 Posts
Likes Given: 11663

It is bitter cold here today. I didn't want to go out at all today but my Dad had a progress meeting at his Nursing Home I had to attend. While there, my Dad and I sat and visited with another resident there. This guy was totally fascinating. I think we three sat and chatted for a couple hours.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 02-20-2013 at 08:24 AM.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 02-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #21824

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I have been offered a Belgiun Malinois pup for free. The lady has just too much going on at her house and needs to simplify. The pup is 9 weeks old and female. She sent me pics.

forumrunner_20130219_184749.jpg

forumrunner_20130219_184818.jpg

She is a cutie. I asked the lady if we can she the pup tomorrow after work. That way I will have overnite to think about taking on this commitment.
People Like This 
Old 02-20-2013, 12:06 AM   #21825
I used to play keyboards, but now ...
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 3228 Times on 1949 Posts
Likes Given: 3096

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
I was thinking in the spirit of tolerance a Christian Church on one side, a Synagogue on the other, a Hindu Temple across the street, flanked by a Buddhist Temple and a Atheist Outreach center.
I like GWK's approach better, though these would be good neighbors on the other sides of GWK's list! That way all the religious folks can learn tolerance.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.
DFlynt Likes This 
Old 02-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #21826
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I have been offered a Belgiun Malinois pup for free. The lady has just too much going on at her house and needs to simplify. The pup is 9 weeks old and female. She sent me pics.

Attachment 86385

Attachment 86386

She is a cutie. I asked the lady if we can she the pup tomorrow after work. That way I will have overnite to think about taking on this commitment.
Snag that cutie, if I could have pets and knew where this lady lived she wouldn't be there for you tomorrow! You could probably teach her to be an SAR dog if you have the time and patience.
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-20-2013, 12:11 AM   #21827

Liked 9211 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

Dude... Otto is big. Just saying. Between the two, that would be a LOT of dog in your house. And he's still young enough to be playful too. Can you imagine two of nearly the same size being rowdy all the time?

I would say take her and give her to me, I'm just not in a position to take on a dog at the moment. I'm hoping for Sue's birthday I can arrange something though.

Old 02-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #21828

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post

Dude... Otto is big. Just saying. Between the two, that would be a LOT of dog in your house. And he's still young enough to be playful too. Can you imagine two of nearly the same size being rowdy all the time?

I would say take her and give her to me, I'm just not in a position to take on a dog at the moment. I'm hoping for Sue's birthday I can arrange something though.
Yea trip I have about come to the same conclusion myself. I called a leo friend of mine and he is asking around the guys at the cop shop.

If you say you want her and give her a good home I will call said leo and tell him to stand down. Now, when could you pick her up ?

Old 02-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #21829

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
...thinking back on it we are ashamed...
Apparently not nearly enough...

Old 02-20-2013, 12:25 AM   #21830

Liked 815 Times on 623 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'm a self proclaimed bad ass. When staying in a hotel, my car is parked where I can see it, but never right near my room. If anyone is in the parking lot or on balconies, I wait until they go inside before I exit my vehicle. I regularly check my vehicle from the window when I make it inside, sometimes watching for up to an hour depending on the neighborhood. The place I mentioned in Memphis had a gated lot that you had to use the call box, and give the front desk your name, room number, and phone number before they would let you in. I liked that.

I check the window any time the thought crosses my mind. I check the door and window any time I hear voices in the hall or outside, respectively. I use every lock on the door, plus a chair if one's available. I make sure the curtains are overlapped well. My gun is never more than arm's reach, even if I'm taking a dump.

I've lived in hotels while pipelining. Some in really bad neighborhoods. I learned to take paranoia seriously.

Also at the place I stayed in in Memphis, it had a switch that would kill the power to the electronic card key reader.
Woah! Trip, I was worried about your Mom earlier but now... May I suggest de-caf?