You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 09:25 PM   #21811
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1415 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoppingpower View Post
You just turned me into a creationist.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:31 PM   #21812

Liked 2530 Times on 1569 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Going to the mall with the family. We have dicks sporting goods in our mall. If they have ammo I will buy it.

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:33 PM   #21813
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1789 Times on 1172 Posts
Likes Given: 1553

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
I am truly perplexed that so many people are against a mosque being built at Ground Zero. I think it should be the goal of every American to be tolerant. Thus the Mosque should be allowed, in an effort to promote tolerance.
That is why I also propose that two nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque, thereby promoting tolerance from within the mosque. We could call one of the clubs, "The Turban Cowboy", which would be gay, and the other a topless bar called "You Mecca Me Hot."
Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork, and adjacent to that an open-pit barbecue pork restaurant, called " Iraq o' Ribs."
Across the street there could be a lingerie store called " Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret," with sexy mannequins with short burkas in the window modeling the goods.
Next door to the lingerie shop, a liquor store called "Morehammered."
All of this would encourage the Muslims to demonstrate the tolerance they demand of us, so the mosque problem would be solved.
If you agree with promoting tolerance, and you think this is a good plan, please pass it on. Just for the sake of tolerance.
I was thinking in the spirit of tolerance a Christian Church on one side, a Synagogue on the other, a Hindu Temple across the street, flanked by a Buddhist Temple and a Atheist Outreach center.
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 02-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #21814

Liked 2530 Times on 1569 Posts
Likes Given: 53

My precious little girl.
image-1004174940.jpg  

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
People Like This 
Old 02-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #21815
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Mag release retainer and new MSH came in. Got my gun back up. I may as well have been naked this past week and a half...

Got the release retainer in, therefor I once again have an operational gun. Then I swapped out the serrated polymer MSH for a smooth steel one.

Attachment 86366

Attachment 86367

The steel MSH is Wilson combat, and the polymer one is supposedly a Colt. Fit and finish on the Wilson are excellent. I can't judge the finish on a polymer one, but the fit on it was great too. I just wanted steel, and wanted a smooth one because I like a nice clean look, or outrageous bling. I don't have the funding to get this thing chrome or gold plated though with engraving and inlays though. No, I'm not kidding. I'm like a Mexican drug lord, I'm kinda into that. And I don't know why it posted two sets of pics...
Very Nice Trip, glad you got it operational again! Nice looking pistol, you 1911 guys are making me want to get a replacement for my old Combat Commander!
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 02-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #21816
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
My precious little girl.
She's a cutie!

Old 02-19-2013, 09:41 PM   #21817
I'm not going to Hell. I'm going to Valhalla
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5845 Times on 3199 Posts
Likes Given: 220

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post

Understood, just don't let it happen again. :-P

Why all the way to Memphis, unless you wanted even odds for using your ccw ?
I still need to come visit you sometime. It will be awhile though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Balota has the right idea on room security. Rubber door stops- 2 for a buck at the dollar store. Keep one in my computer bag.

Used to travel the back country in Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, NM, etc- things like visiting cross country pipeline work. Learned to keep a sleeping bag, water and calories in toolbox of my truck- 'cause there IS no motel where you are going!

Worst motel I can recall was outside Columbia SC. There was a basketball tournament in town, EVERYTHING was booked. Place I found looked like the Bates Motel (see movie Psycho for reference) Slept on top of the bedspread, 45 on nightstand, chair wedged under door knob.

One of the nicest- Lake Placid NY. Took my lady on business trip there for a few days. The pool and hot tub were in a glassed atrium- remember soaking in the hot tub, watch snow land on the glass roof.
Somewhere between Rawlins and Laramie I realized it was in the teens and I wasn't driving my truck which meant if something happened I had no phone service, no blanket, no coat, no tools, and almost no food or water.... I was glad to get to Laramie and sleep in that scary hotel, but I know the kind of places you're talking about...
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchunt101 View Post
Lay off of MM -- he is in Franklin County Nc and people from there cant help but to act like that----I have family from there
Can't and won't are different things...

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/8th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-7-8-9-2016-a-118694/#post1778284

Old 02-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #21818

Liked 1415 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
My precious little girl.
What a cutie !

Old 02-19-2013, 10:56 PM   #21819
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9095 Times on 5278 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Adorable little gal you have there KYTow!

Old 02-19-2013, 11:06 PM   #21820
The Balota's
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 10460 Times on 6242 Posts
Likes Given: 15334

Quote:
My precious little girl.
She's beautiful.
bigdaddy60 Likes This