Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2173
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2013, 04:18 AM   #21721
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7815 Times on 4690 Posts
Likes Given: 9841

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
As for your Mom, Trip, you can't protect them forever. We just do the best we can to prepare them and hope for the best...
Hahaha........I think that's what my kids are thinking about me. When the weather warms up I'm going to take a motorcycle class with the DMV here. It's free, they provide the motorcycles. Two day course, 8 hours each day. Totally free. I don't think I want to buy a motorcycle but I think the class would be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Still have it. Can't say much right now. Will let you know later.
That doesn't sound good. I hope all is okay.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:21 AM   #21722
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3759 Times on 2085 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

Hahaha........I think that's what my kids are thinking about me. When the weather warms up I'm going to take a motorcycle class with the DMV here. It's free, they provide the motorcycles. Two day course, 8 hours each day. Totally free. I don't think I want to buy a motorcycle but I think the class would be fun.

That doesn't sound good. I hope all is okay.
Awesome, it's like riding a bicycle, just less work and more fun.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:28 AM   #21723
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21997 Times on 12402 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
much easier! i going to remove the training wheels off mine pretty soon!

Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 AM   #21724
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
My brother in law let me ride my sister's Sportser many years ago. I rode it in the field so if I crashed I wouldn't scratch the bike. I got confused with the brake, accelerator, etc. on the hand grips. I put on the front brakes and at the same time was revving the gas. I was hopping around in a circle with the front tire fixed and the back tire making a big circle around me. Me.....hopping, hopping, hopping. My BIL couldn't get to me because the bike's rear end was circling. He finally yelled at me, "Let it fall!". Yeah, that's the last time I rode a motorcycle. My sister and I had horses then. We stuck to riding the horses. At least I did. My sister could ride the motorcycle.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 AM   #21725
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11544

Quote:
When you get your new job you can start looking at some bikes to start out on. Get a small one as a commuter, then work your way up to a big ole BMW!

A friend of mine is a little fella, he rides a big huge Gold Wing Honda that he invented some outriggers for. They make managing the weight a lot easier, especially for smaller people. Here is a video showing it:

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:00 AM   #21726
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
When you get your new job you can start looking at some bikes to start out on. Get a small one as a commuter, then work your way up to a big ole BMW!

A friend of mine is a little fella, he rides a big huge Gold Wing Honda that he invented some outriggers for. They make managing the weight a lot easier, especially for smaller people. Here is a video showing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsSvdPIZXeo
I've seen some life changing motorcycle accidents come into the ER. I don't think I want to ride one.

But several years ago, a girlfriend's sons let me ride their 4 wheelers. They didn't think they'd ever get it back from me. What a rip roarin' great time. Granny on the go...............

Old 02-18-2013, 05:08 AM   #21727

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

The worst motorcycle wreck I've seen, I was about 5 or 6. I won't relate it outside of the bunker.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:09 AM   #21728
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3759 Times on 2085 Posts
Likes Given: 168

Quote:

I've seen some life changing motorcycle accidents come into the ER. I don't think I want to ride one.

But several years ago, a girlfriend's sons let me ride their 4 wheelers. They didn't think they'd ever get it back from me. What a rip roarin' great time. Granny on the go...............
I'm more afraid of 4 wheelers than of my dirt bike, I've seen a 4 wheeler kill someone, but that's different than a street bike. On the dirt poor judgement on your part can get you hurt which you can control, no one's fault but your own, on the street it could be poor judgement on your part or poor judgement or negligence on someone else's part, THAT you can't control and that is what is scary.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:14 AM   #21729
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
I'm more afraid of 4 wheelers than of my dirt bike, I've seen a 4 wheeler kill someone, but that's different than a street bike. On the dirt poor judgement on your part can get you hurt which you can control, no one's fault but your own, on the street it could be poor judgement on your part or poor judgement or negligence on someone else's part, THAT you can't control and that is what is scary.
Well, on the road, you can't control the idiots in the cars all around you while you're on a motorcycle. THAT's what scares me on a bike. A 4 wheeler in a grassy field, it was a riot. I'd floor it on the straight aways, turn it slowly, blast it again. I was screamin' and they were laughing at me. I even hit a few little jumps. Not as crazy as the teenage guys but not bad for a granny. I love acting much younger than my age. It probably isn't attractive but what the heck.
Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 02-18-2013, 05:14 AM   #21730
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11544

I've seen some nasty bike accidents (including fatalities) but I have to say that nearly every one was due in large part to the rider misjudging their skill, and/or the power of the bike. My advice is to ride as though you are invisible and don't push the limits of yourself or the bike. That is the best way to keep your skin, and perhaps your life.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.