Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2169
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #21681
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 813 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
"Oh, was that the coffee pot? I thought it was the chamber pot", she said, smiling sweetly...
Now wait, it's not "peeberry," and it's a term of endearment...

Paraphrased from Wiki:

Peaberry is a type of coffee bean. Normally the coffee plant contains two "beans" but sometimes only one is fertilized and the single seed develops with nothing to flatten it. This [little] pea-shaped bean is known as peaberry. Typically around 5% of all coffee beans...

Peaberries roast differently than flat berry beans; to ensure an even roast in high-grade coffee peaberry beans are separated.

Peaberry beans are widely reputed to roast better than flat berries, being said to roast more evenly, however, some sources claim that the major benefit of peaberry beans is that they have been carefully selected, which is essential for optimal quality regardless of bean shape.
But they're the best.

Just like my huney bunny.

Last edited by HockaLouis; 02-17-2013 at 01:22 PM.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 01:49 PM   #21682
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1931 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 2082

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockaLouis View Post
Now wait, it's not "peeberry," and it's a term of endearment...

Paraphrased from Wiki:

Peaberry is a type of coffee bean. Normally the coffee plant contains two "beans" but sometimes only one is fertilized and the single seed develops with nothing to flatten it. This [little] pea-shaped bean is known as peaberry. Typically around 5% of all coffee beans...

Peaberries roast differently than flat berry beans; to ensure an even roast in high-grade coffee peaberry beans are separated.

Peaberry beans are widely reputed to roast better than flat berries, being said to roast more evenly, however, some sources claim that the major benefit of peaberry beans is that they have been carefully selected, which is essential for optimal quality regardless of bean shape.
But they're the best.

Just like my huney bunny.

Nice save!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

dango Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 03:08 PM   #21683

Liked 1080 Times on 782 Posts
Likes Given: 553

I just wiped a booger on one my labs as he was going out .

Sister is coming to take the kids to the butterfly exhibit , like a room full of live butterflies that fly all around you .

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

dango Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 03:19 PM   #21684
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1538

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post

Sister is coming to take the kids to the butterfly exhibit , like a room full of live butterflies that fly all around you .
St. Louis has a place like that:

http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/visit/family-of-attractions/butterfly-house.aspx

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

dango Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 03:26 PM   #21685
Mommy, who lights the sun?

Liked 1931 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 2082

Quote:

The butterflies will land on you if you're calm and quiet. Then they'll fly off ... unlike your lab deposit ...

Wife and I went to one in Key West. We went and sat down to watch. After about 10 minutes folks started taking pictures of us... because there were butterflies all over my wife's hat! (A few on me, shows most of them butterflies had good taste...)

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Last edited by Balota; 02-17-2013 at 03:28 PM.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #21686
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8271 Times on 4780 Posts
Likes Given: 10693

Quote:

Did you leave it under his tail and then smell your finger?

Sometimes you baffle MM.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 02-17-2013, 05:08 PM   #21687
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3168 Times on 1800 Posts
Likes Given: 18402

I have a whole new out look on butter fly's , THANKS..!

Old 02-17-2013, 05:39 PM   #21688
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7093 Times on 4270 Posts
Likes Given: 8604

Quote:
ROFL.......Great idea.

Quote:
Brookfield Zoo near Chicago has a butterfly exhibit. My daughter and I take my granddaughter to the zoo often. They have a family pass and can go whenever they want. Once we also got to pet sting rays as they swam past us in a large pool. The sting rays even put their 'wing' over the top as if inviting us to touch. They are scratchy like sandpaper on the top and smooth on the bottom.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-17-2013, 06:49 PM   #21689
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3168 Times on 1800 Posts
Likes Given: 18402

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
ROFL.......Great idea.

Brookfield Zoo near Chicago has a butterfly exhibit. My daughter and I take my granddaughter to the zoo often. They have a family pass and can go whenever they want. Once we also got to pet sting rays as they swam past us in a large pool. The sting rays even put their 'wing' over the top as if inviting us to touch. They are scratchy like sandpaper on the top and smooth on the bottom.
Don't forget , SMELL THEM FINGERS..!

Old 02-17-2013, 09:18 PM   #21690

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

People ask me why I road rage so bad. Lemme break it down.

Would y'all get mad if someone on the range flagged the firing line and started popping off random shots?

Well, when people drive around with their phone stuck in their ear, or otherwise not paying attention, and they pull out in front of you or someone else, or drive erratically, it's the same damn thing.

A multi thousand pound moving piece of steel is every bit as dangerous as a fully automatic machine gun.

And just like a gun, it requires the operator pay close attention to their actions and respect the lethality of their vehicle just as gun owners respect the lethality of their firearms.

So when someone pulls out in front of me, or cuts me off, they may as well have just had a negligent discharge in my direction. THAT is why I get murderous mad.