Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2013, 02:31 PM   #21571
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6757 Times on 4084 Posts
Likes Given: 8083

Quote:
Originally Posted by shouldazagged View Post
Never seen "Gone With The Wind", but there's no damn way I could watch it after seeing the hilarious rendition they did on the old Carol Burnett show.
There are some movies I think are absolute classics and everyone should see. Gone With The Wind is one of them. As is Citizen Kane.

Old 02-15-2013, 02:52 PM   #21572

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

There are some movies I think are absolute classics and everyone should see. Gone With The Wind is one of them. As is Citizen Kane.
And you should see "Shirley Valentine". I'll keep telling you that until you see it. ;-)

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #21573
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3020 Times on 1688 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:

I don't think I could sit through a 4 hour movie...

I can barely make it through a 2 hour movie without falling asleep

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #21574
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
What happens if you are traveling the speed of light and you turn on the headlights?
I was pulled over once for doing the speed of light in a speed of sound zone, didn't hear the sirens till 5 minutes after I was stopped!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

People Like This 
Old 02-15-2013, 03:31 PM   #21575
tips his hat...
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2143 Times on 1344 Posts
Likes Given: 2160

It's that nasty doppler effect, you can use that as a defense in court.

Old 02-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #21576
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1784 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 1506

Quote:
I haven't seen it in quite a while, either. You have to want to sit and watch a movie for 4 hours. I even skipped Impractical Jokers to watch it.

I have never seen Pulp Fiction. I heard it's violent and I just can't handle violent scenes. I haven't seen Saving Private Ryan for the very same reason.
The D-Day sequence of Saving Private Ryan will have you involuntarily holding your breath, tears in your eyes and thanking God you are seeing it as a movie and not participating. If you ever decide to see it do so in a theater, watching on TV doesn't do it justice.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 02-15-2013 at 03:36 PM.
MobileMarine Likes This 
Old 02-15-2013, 04:00 PM   #21577

Liked 969 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 527

Doc gave me a new med , Lyrica , anyone ever had it before ?
Its 63 today and back tire or no back tire , I am riding damn it !
Think we must have had a sun flare or something yesterday , when I got home nothing worked , tv was stuck on that gay cartoon Fred and the remote was dead , as in broke . My phone was on the fritz , had to swap out dvr's behind a recessed 60in plasma , wife would not answer her phone , when she did get home it was frozen , kid were TERRIBLE just TErrible last night and one of the laptops was also frozen .

W T F

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:11 PM   #21578

Liked 969 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 527

THIS IS FREAKING AWESOME !!!

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #21579

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 538 Times on 379 Posts
Likes Given: 273

That was pretty freakin cool! The Russian music was funny too.

-Matt

Old 02-15-2013, 04:21 PM   #21580

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I've never seen it....
Did you ever watch Pulp Fiction?
Yeah, don't you remember? I was on the phone with you as soon as it went off. I was telling you how it just didn't end exactly how I expected with the diner scene and I was a bit surprised that Travolta didn't have a little more screen time.

Quote:
I have never seen Pulp Fiction. I heard it's violent and I just can't handle violent scenes. I haven't seen Saving Private Ryan for the very same reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
The D-Day sequence of Saving Private Ryan will have you involuntarily holding your breath, tears in your eyes and thanking God you are seeing it as a movie and not participating. If you ever decide to see it do so in a theater, watching on TV doesn't do it justice.
Violent movies I have no problem with. War movies I have a huge problem with. The civil war is far enough removed, and from such a different era and society, that although some scenes make me flinch, it doesn't bother me that bad. Saving Private Ryan makes me lose a little sleep, Band of Brothers will have me sleeping in a fighting hole in the backyard, and The Pacific... Did bad things to me.

Having lived some things, and then seeing movies based on real history, those movies have a much bigger impact than a fantasy movie. The odd thing is, I didn't start having problems with those movies until about 2 years after I was discharged. It took me that long for my psyche to catch up with the events I've gone through.