Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2148
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2013, 05:28 AM   #21471
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2373 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Sad to hear that.

Somebody working the river?
Yes, at the harbor I'm at now waiting to pick up barges. Engineer on my boat and he knew each other.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:34 AM   #21472
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8115 Times on 4687 Posts
Likes Given: 10477

Bummer.

Stay safe.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-13-2013, 05:38 AM   #21473

Liked 2397 Times on 1555 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater
The river claimed another soul today in Cario. Reminds you to love and live like there is no tomorrow.
That sucks. I pray that he/she didn't have children.

That reminder is what I try to drive into my girls head on a daily basis. Not an easy job. I also try to remind the people that go to church regularly that this is a good way to live. They get pizzed and judgmental because I don't go to church that often. I better shut up before I start a religious argument...

Feral cat waterboarder

dango Likes This 
Old 02-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #21474

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Going to the doctor tomorrow. Been sick since last Sunday. I have no idea what's wrong, the symptoms are completely whack. It almost feels like the flu, but I have no respiratory problems, and it doesn't seem contagious. Also, I shake the flu off a lot quicker than this. I'm having trouble staying hydrated, trouble sleeping, aches and pains, and a fever that comes and goes at will. There are a couple of other problems (digestive) that I won't go into too much. Can't hold anything down, and have no appetite. I've had one meal this whole time, and I didn't even get to keep it, I lost it about an hour after I ate. Other than that, I am eating some, a few bland snacks here and there, like a few crackers and toast. Tired, worn down, and strung out.

My son has a "not so strong" immune system, and catches everything that comes up within a 50 mile radius it seems, and he hasn't caught this from me. That worries me. At least if he'd get sick, I would know it's something I just picked up somewhere. I've also been going to work, and actually puked on my boss Friday, and none of my coworkers have gotten it either.

Yeah, I don't usually share that kind of thing here, sorry about that. It's just got me worried. In 2004, Afghanistan, my unit was given water that had apparently been contaminated with radiation. There have been a lot of way too young men from my unit that have gotten different forms of cancer since then, way too many for it to be any kind of a coincidence. Several friends have had things removed, tumors and complete organs. Some have colostomy bags now. Only a handful are even over 30. So yea, I'm freaking scared.

Old 02-13-2013, 12:46 PM   #21475

Trip: don't let the stress make it worse, quit worrying.

Ask about a bacterial infection because the symptoms sound like it. I mentioned earlier about a family member that had cdif and campybacteria, it almost killed her before it was discovered.

Feral cat waterboarder

dango Likes This 
Old 02-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #21476

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

All but the "not contagious" sure sounds like the nora virus(sp).

NEVER FORGET

dango Likes This 
Old 02-13-2013, 01:42 PM   #21477
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7014 Times on 4220 Posts
Likes Given: 8450

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
The river claimed another soul today in Cario. Reminds you to love and live like there is no tomorrow.
That is such sad news. I hope you get a job with a police department soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Going to the doctor tomorrow. Been sick since last Sunday. I have no idea what's wrong, the symptoms are completely whack. It almost feels like the flu, but I have no respiratory problems, and it doesn't seem contagious. Also, I shake the flu off a lot quicker than this. I'm having trouble staying hydrated, trouble sleeping, aches and pains, and a fever that comes and goes at will. There are a couple of other problems (digestive) that I won't go into too much. Can't hold anything down, and have no appetite. I've had one meal this whole time, and I didn't even get to keep it, I lost it about an hour after I ate. Other than that, I am eating some, a few bland snacks here and there, like a few crackers and toast. Tired, worn down, and strung out.

My son has a "not so strong" immune system, and catches everything that comes up within a 50 mile radius it seems, and he hasn't caught this from me. That worries me. At least if he'd get sick, I would know it's something I just picked up somewhere. I've also been going to work, and actually puked on my boss Friday, and none of my coworkers have gotten it either.

Yeah, I don't usually share that kind of thing here, sorry about that. It's just got me worried. In 2004, Afghanistan, my unit was given water that had apparently been contaminated with radiation. There have been a lot of way too young men from my unit that have gotten different forms of cancer since then, way too many for it to be any kind of a coincidence. Several friends have had things removed, tumors and complete organs. Some have colostomy bags now. Only a handful are even over 30. So yea, I'm freaking scared.
Let us know how the doctor's appointment goes. I'm worried for you.
dango Likes This 
Old 02-13-2013, 01:49 PM   #21478

Liked 9203 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Well I'm having no abdominal pain either. I'm very susceptible to abdominal cramps and pain. I've had trouble with that even when there's nothing wrong with me.

I don't think it's a standard issue stomach bug. I pay very close attention to "all that" because I have IBS, and I try to be careful that I don't end up crippled by pain.

There are other things that don't get mentioned in polite company.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #21479

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Well I'm having no abdominal pain either. I'm very susceptible to abdominal cramps and pain. I've had trouble with that even when there's nothing wrong with me.

I don't think it's a standard issue stomach bug. I pay very close attention to "all that" because I have IBS, and I try to be careful that I don't end up crippled by pain.

There are other things that don't get mentioned in polite company.
Wife had the same last month & she never gets sick!
Seems theres a new & stronger "bug" that appears every year---

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

canebrake Likes This 
Old 02-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #21480

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

Wife had the same last month & she never gets sick!
Seems theres a new & stronger "bug" that appears every year---
--- as a result of over prescribed antibiotics. It's estimated 2/3 of antibiotics are given to people that don't need them.

Feral cat waterboarder