Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2013, 02:50 AM   #21371
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 969 Times on 708 Posts
Likes Given: 527

Who knew that when kids get cooped up and whinny , just take them to the pond and let them throw rocks and sticks in the water , they will do it ALL DAAAAAAYYYYY LONGGGGGG . We went to the water falls today and watched them bust their ass a bit on the slimy rocks .
Cant get to pick up nothin in the house but they will pick up every rock and stick in the yard and throw it in the water .
Got scared they would bust their head open so we left and went to a nice pond with a gazebo over it and my girl promptly sits down in the ONLY pile of goose chit with in 100ft '' facepalm'' and Then I realized my kids are like drunks when they get around water . I know too many parents who have lost kids same age as mine to drowning .
As much as I push the edge I sure am a border lined over protective parent .

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

dango Likes This 
Old 02-11-2013, 03:20 AM   #21372
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7824 Times on 4515 Posts
Likes Given: 10072

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Who knew that when kids get cooped up and whinny , just take them to the pond and let them throw rocks and sticks in the water , they will do it ALL DAAAAAAYYYYY LONGGGGGG . We went to the water falls today and watched them bust their ass a bit on the slimy rocks .
Cant get to pick up nothin in the house but they will pick up every rock and stick in the yard and throw it in the water .
Got scared they would bust their head open so we left and went to a nice pond with a gazebo over it and my girl promptly sits down in the ONLY pile of goose chit with in 100ft '' facepalm'' and Then I realized my kids are like drunks when they get around water . I know too many parents who have lost kids same age as mine to drowning .
I bet your old man laughs and laughs when you tell him how the kids drive you crazy. And he should!!!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 02-11-2013, 04:19 AM   #21373
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2845 Times on 1646 Posts
Likes Given: 16967

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
So's , what yur sayin is to give them kiddies a bunch of rocks and let them go play in the pond ?

Old 02-11-2013, 03:21 PM   #21374

Quote:
So's , what yur sayin is to give them kiddies a bunch of rocks and let them go play in the pond ?
Safer than flying a kite in traffic

No i dont turn them loose , its good exercise b/c one goes this way and one the other and I try to keep them with in arms reach when ever around water . Some of you may remember the rock quarry incident this past summer ?

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

dango Likes This 
Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #21375
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7824 Times on 4515 Posts
Likes Given: 10072

Hey Mobile, you taught those rascals how to swim yet? I mean really swim? Seriously, do that. It could save their lives one day and even if it doesn't they will enjoy water so much more for being comfortable around it. Still use floatation devices and all, but swimming skills are like extra insurance.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #21376

Working on it . Problem is , most places we take the boat out has no beach to speak of , the closest lake with a beach is closed most of the time due to people taking chits while swimming ''e-coli '' . They will jump off the boat , or fall which ever comes first and they will kick some so were getting there . Right now they practice in the bath tub lol .

Old 02-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #21377

Liked 2371 Times on 1481 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Wife takes our daughter to swim classes at the YMCA. She is 2 so they are mainly fun baby swimming stuff. But they do teach to kick their legs etc. I think it's $60 for 8 classes? IIRC

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

People Like This 
Old 02-11-2013, 07:48 PM   #21378
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6759 Times on 4085 Posts
Likes Given: 8090

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Wife takes our daughter to swim classes at the YMCA. She is 2 so they are mainly fun baby swimming stuff. But they do teach to kick their legs etc. I think it's $60 for 8 classes? IIRC
Yes. This is the way to do it.
People Like This 
Old 02-11-2013, 07:51 PM   #21379
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3022 Times on 1689 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

Yes. This is the way to do it.
Oh, I thought you were just supposed to toss then in water and let them figure it out...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 02-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #21380
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6759 Times on 4085 Posts
Likes Given: 8090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Oh, I thought you were just supposed to toss then in water and let them figure it out...
Depends on if you like your kids or not.
People Like This