Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2137
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 06:05 PM   #21361
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7646 Times on 4595 Posts
Likes Given: 9566

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy60 View Post
But you can't make any money by pressing the stop button. Speed is money turnin wrenches. Not so much in an elevator though😅😷
If someone is making money on the elevator between floors, she's probably a prostitute..........
People Like This 
Old 02-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #21362

Liked 2552 Times on 1655 Posts

Hmmmm, around 9 percent of sheriffs in the national sheriffs association have said they won't enforce Obamas new gun control laws, should they somehow become law. Not as many as there should be, but a nice start nonetheless, and I'm sure more will hop on that bandwagon.

For years my cousin, I'll call her oprah, has shut out her brothers wife, because she isn't what she wanted for a sister in law. His wife is a good person, and after getting to know her, you can't not like her. Now it surfaced that oprah has been cheating on her husband for over a year now, and got a well deserved royal azz chewing from her sister in law on family values. Oprahs boyfriend said he was gonna leave his wife for her, but now backed out. BTW, oprahs job involves teaching values, respect, etc. I just feel sorry for the kids.

Feral cat waterboarder

People Like This 
Old 02-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #21363
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3587 Times on 1992 Posts
Likes Given: 152

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddy60 View Post
Take your time Cinder. Speed comes with experience (well as a tech it does). As far as the elevator stuff goes, well that's for y'all to figure out!
I'll have to work on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
The younger mechanics and apprentices would always be hourly. I would get two or three of them and serve as their mentor, and I would get paid their flat rate (for PDI's, oil changes, that sort of thing) and as I saw their skills improving I would give them more difficult jobs. If they screwed up I would have to fix their screw-ups on my time. I just made sure they didn't screw up.

It was always a fun time when we had a "round table" storytime.

Be careful transitioning to flat rate though. You usually have a drop in pay at first, and there is a tendency to rush things which never works out well. A lot of mechanics wash out at that point.
I've only screwed up a couple of times and it was when I was in a hurry. I try not to rush myself but I'm not slow. Some days I struggle, I fought a fuel filter for a good ten minutes the other day but I got it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
If someone is making money on the elevator between floors, she's probably a prostitute..........
Yeah... we don't have an elevator.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

dango Likes This 
Old 02-10-2013, 06:42 PM   #21364
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7646 Times on 4595 Posts
Likes Given: 9566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Yeah... we don't have an elevator.
Well, there are many elevators in a hospital. And tons and tons of bedrooms.
People Like This 
Old 02-10-2013, 07:00 PM   #21365

Liked 1194 Times on 855 Posts
Likes Given: 609

We had a service call 1 time where dude ran out of fuel at the wallyworld hub about 15-20 miles aways . So i load some fuel and head that way . Guards wont let me through but will let me ride with them to find truck . Repeated phone calls to the driver and 45 min later .....nothing . Soon as we hit the gate he calls and says he almost made it to a truck stop another 15 mi out . Head that way ... not there
Call driver , he made it to truck stop but said to bring fuel anyway .
OK AZZHOLE , I got your fuel .
God only knows how many fuel filters he had to put on that truck after I put my cocktailed brew of diesel in his tanks .

Speaking of diesel , I pulled almost 150 gallons out of a wrecked rig friday and 15 gal of hydraulic oil '' 30+ bucks a bucket ? yea ill take what I can get ''

Think I may take lil man and maybe pretty girl out for a walk in the woods this afternoon with one of the marlins 60's . Ill let them bring their play guns , see what this train ride brings ....

Winds , sounds like you know alot the stop button in the elevators

Danger is real , Fear is a option

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.

Last edited by MobileMarine; 02-10-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:04 PM   #21366

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Ran out of gas just outside of shreveport once. Just for knowledge's sake, mid 90's Cadillacs with the digital panel had bad accuracy problems with the fuel gauge, especially on long road trips. Little tidbit of trivia for ya. When you see one on the side of the road, about 75% of the time, it's just outta gas.

I told the ex that we should stop in Monroe for gas, we were down to a half tank and coming from Memphis, so I know it's lower than what the gauge was reading.

"oh no, ya pus**, we're fine"
*pulled my hat down over my eyes* "okay *itch, wake me up when you need me to rescue us"

Sure enough, "uh, Trip? Wake up. We're outta gas..."

Called the insurance company to see what roadside would cover. $250 bucks for 2 gallons. "2 gallons?" Says I. "yeah, 2 gallons. With the rising cost of gas, we don't do more than 2 gallons anymore"... Says the roadside guy.

For $250, you should get a tow to the gas station and a full tank, within reason. In this case, the nearest station was about 5 miles away.

I called a taxi. Got the diver to take me to a truck stop, where I bought a 2 gallon can, filled it up, went back and put it in the car.

Ex was jamming out to the radio the whole time, and now the car needs a jump *face palm*

Got it jumped, drove to the station, filled it up.

Whole thing took about an hour and cost me around 75 bucks, including the full tank of gas once I got back on the road.

Made it to Vivian, Louisiana. Crawled in bed. Woke up about 3 hours later to the phone ringing. Roadside guy was calling because he couldn't find us where I said we'd be. I kinda laughed, and said, "how's it feel for someone to bend you over a barrel and try to screw you?" And hung up.

He tried to get my insurance to pick up the bill, but when I explained that I never actually received any service, they laughed him off too.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:28 PM   #21367

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Ran out of gas just outside of shreveport once. Just for knowledge's sake, mid 90's Cadillacs with the digital panel had bad accuracy problems with the fuel gauge, especially on long road trips. Little tidbit of trivia for ya. When you see one on the side of the road, about 75% of the time, it's just outta gas.

I told the ex that we should stop in Monroe for gas, we were down to a half tank and coming from Memphis, so I know it's lower than what the gauge was reading.

"oh no, ya pus**, we're fine"
*pulled my hat down over my eyes* "okay *itch, wake me up when you need me to rescue us"

Sure enough, "uh, Trip? Wake up. We're outta gas..."

Called the insurance company to see what roadside would cover. $250 bucks for 2 gallons. "2 gallons?" Says I. "yeah, 2 gallons. With the rising cost of gas, we don't do more than 2 gallons anymore"... Says the roadside guy.

For $250, you should get a tow to the gas station and a full tank, within reason. In this case, the nearest station was about 5 miles away.

I called a taxi. Got the diver to take me to a truck stop, where I bought a 2 gallon can, filled it up, went back and put it in the car.

Ex was jamming out to the radio the whole time, and now the car needs a jump *face palm*

Got it jumped, drove to the station, filled it up.

Whole thing took about an hour and cost me around 75 bucks, including the full tank of gas once I got back on the road.

Made it to Vivian, Louisiana. Crawled in bed. Woke up about 3 hours later to the phone ringing. Roadside guy was calling because he couldn't find us where I said we'd be. I kinda laughed, and said, "how's it feel for someone to bend you over a barrel and try to screw you?" And hung up.

He tried to get my insurance to pick up the bill, but when I explained that I never actually received any service, they laughed him off too.
So you stiffed moblemarines coonass clan. Bawahaha !

NEVER FORGET

People Like This 
Old 02-11-2013, 01:51 AM   #21368
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9383 Times on 4047 Posts
Likes Given: 1476

Almost ran out of diesel. East St. Louis. At night.

Driving a Y'all haul truck, towing daughter's car on a Dolly. Got off interstate to get fuel. Station was out, but think station thataway has diesel.

Nope, but they think station over THERE has diesel.

Nope, but they think station over THERE has diesel. And we are getting further from the interstate, and things are not looking good.

Did you guys know you can get an additional 2-3 miles out of squeezing the steering wheel? Looked around neighborhood, told daughter- if truck stops, we are rolling you car off the Dolly, firing it up, and LEAVING.

With the gauge reading BELOW the big orange E we rolled into a station that did have diesel- and was 200 yards from the interstate. We did not stop again until Topeka KS.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 02-11-2013, 03:14 AM   #21369
I used to play keyboards, but now...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 2230 Times on 1354 Posts
Likes Given: 2399

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Balota sent me this article through PM. I don't know why he didn't post it on the open forum. It's an excellent article, in my opinion.

http://nymag.com/thecut/2013/02/rise-of-the-female-gun-nut.html

Wait, I know why he didn't post it. He doesn't want to have to explain why he was reading that online magazine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
So, you tell on him.....
Actually I sent it to Winds because I thought (a) she'd get a kick out of it, and (b) she'd be able to post it in the Women's Forum. I thought the mods might not appreciate me registering a new member like Balotina...

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 5th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

dango Likes This 
Old 02-11-2013, 03:28 AM   #21370
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 9383 Times on 4047 Posts
Likes Given: 1476

Actually, for folks that do stuff like that (sneak into the Ladies thread), we have a way of helping them......"fit in".

hedge-trimmer.jpg

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This