Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2118
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #21171
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2523 Times on 1637 Posts

The ridiculousness takes another giant leap. Probably one green newbie was anxious to be the hero, shot, then everyone else followed in. A week without pay will learn them. Anyone else remember the thread about cop stories, them getting away with things because they are cops? Any young generation fence sitters, not knowing whether to stay in school or sell drugs for the gangs, just made up their minds.

Feral cat waterboarder

dango Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #21172

Liked 2523 Times on 1637 Posts

Disclaimer: I'm not bashing cops in general, just these fellars that think its just like a Halloween costume, except with real guns.

Feral cat waterboarder

dango Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #21173

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
A week without pay will learn them.
Sadly, they'll more likely get two weeks WITH pay. A paid vacation, if you will. One of the few jobs in America where one gets so rewarded for such a massive screw up.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:37 PM   #21174

And I won't even try to say I'm not cop bashing. I'll say this, I know there are great ones out there, and great departments (I'm very fond of the Ruston, LA, PD, their officer S****** (censored for his privacy), and Mississippi's highway patrol is usually very professional and courteous), but the corruption in this particular department has been the butt of jokes and subject of conversation MY ENTIRE LIFE. Even Chris Rock's character in a movie once said "my mama tells people I'm a drug dealer" instead of admitting her son is a cop with the LAPD.

They've been due for a complete overhaul for well over 30 years.

Old 02-08-2013, 02:46 PM   #21175
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7396 Times on 4446 Posts
Likes Given: 9148

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I think the cops in the Los Angeles area are a little nervous with the cop killer still on the loose.

They shot up a Toyota truck that was similar to the suspects vehicle. Inside were two women delivering newspapers. Both women were hit by the gunfire.
Attachment 84211
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Agreed. Another bad part is that they opened fire at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
What would the story have been if they had the right guy? It's still illegal to just open fire even on a known criminal with no provocation.
This bit of news is terrifying. They just start shooting????? And it's a miracle with all those rounds no one was killed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17 View Post
You're on my list winds, one of these days trez and I are going to get you out to Arizona.... maybe get c3 to come out too
No. If you wait long enough, I'll get to Arizona. My sister lives near Tucson and one of these days I'll make it out that way.

And yeah, I'm on a lot of people's list......usually the s**t list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post
Jamaica, mon! In May, my youngest (mother of the Anarchist-in-Training) is getting married- and they are honeymooning in Jamaica. A-I-T will be hanging with me for a week.

Hmmm- If I time this right, I could use up some frequent flyer miles,surprise daughter (Casually stroll down the beach with granddaughter- "Hi sweety! Have you seen my glasses?")

THEN go crash the wedding for W-I-C's son- Oh, that just has all SORTS of possibilities!
That would be incredibly awesome. But we probably wouldn't be able to go shooting. And here's a warning......you crash my son's wedding and you'll be forced into being my date. I told my kids that my goal was to bring a date to their wedding. Doesn't look like it's going to happen. If you show up, you'll be forced into slavery as my date.

Quote:
Reference motor/ engine- Yeah, that must be why they call Detroit the Engine City, right? And the thing at the back of a boat is called an outboard engine, right? And the thing that burned coal (external combustion) and pulled railroad trains was never a steam engine, huh? BTW, the thing that drives an anti-tank missle is a rocket MOTOR.

Decided there are some many exceptions, it makes little sense.
Just when I thought I had it all together........
dango Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 03:03 PM   #21176
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3436 Times on 1913 Posts
Likes Given: 149

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
I was just thinking some of you must live close to Ed Santos http://www.centertargetsports.com/ If so you owe it to yourselves to stop by and visit.

I would love to have a range half as good as his then keep improving.

Cinder how far is he from you???
Like 700 miles...
Quote:
Jamaica, mon! In May, my youngest (mother of the Anarchist-in-Training) is getting married- and they are honeymooning in Jamaica. A-I-T will be hanging with me for a week.

Hmmm- If I time this right, I could use up some frequent flyer miles,surprise daughter (Casually stroll down the beach with granddaughter- "Hi sweety! Have you seen my glasses?")

THEN go crash the wedding for W-I-C's son- Oh, that just has all SORTS of possibilities!

Reference motor/ engine- Yeah, that must be why they call Detroit the Engine City, right? And the thing at the back of a boat is called an outboard engine, right? And the thing that burned coal (external combustion) and pulled railroad trains was never a steam engine, huh? BTW, the thing that drives an anti-tank missle is a rocket MOTOR.

Decided there are some many exceptions, it makes little sense.
But motor has two different definitions... Which I looked up and it included combustion engines. I was just always thought it's a combustion engine and an electric motor...

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Disclaimer: I'm not bashing cops in general, just these fellars that think its just like a Halloween costume, except with real guns.
Generally if the cops are talking to me I did something wrong. Generally I don't have a problem with cops, with few exceptions.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

dango Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #21177
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3333 Times on 1879 Posts
Likes Given: 18927

Default Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaqah.........!

Baaah..! The "new" , Politically correct , "Obamination" term: (SOCIAL In-Secureties).........! BaaaaaaaaaH ..!

Old 02-08-2013, 03:30 PM   #21178
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Default <---Senior..?

aWell , Ast-le-vista back yue Seniorita !

And yue really don't Haf ta call me sir.!

Old 02-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #21179

Dude, you have ADD? I have a hard time understanding you sometimes. A little context would help.

Old 02-08-2013, 03:50 PM   #21180
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
Dude, you have ADD? I have a hard time understanding you sometimes. A little context would help.
Totally intentional , The MYSTIQUE Factor PAL..?

ADD..Accidental via demented Discgarge..?

Last edited by dango; 02-08-2013 at 03:52 PM.