Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2117
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #21161
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

I wouldn't have the opportunity except for my son getting married in Jamaica. This is a chance of a lifetime. C3 better watch out. He's next on my list. My goal is to see how many FTFers I can annoy and mooch off before someone stops me.
You're on my list winds, one of these days trez and I are going to get you out to Arizona.... maybe get c3 to come out too

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 02-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #21162

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I think the cops in the Los Angeles area are a little nervous with the cop killer still on the loose.

They shot up a Toyota truck that was similar to the suspects vehicle. Inside were two women delivering newspapers. Both women were hit by the gunfire.
That's not even LA, it's Torrance, and his truck was later found out about 100 miles away

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 02-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #21163

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I think the cops in the Los Angeles area are a little nervous with the cop killer still on the loose.

They shot up a Toyota truck that was similar to the suspects vehicle. Inside were two women delivering newspapers. Both women were hit by the gunfire.

Attachment 84211
The good part is the women survived - - - the bad part is all those cops and all thoes rounds and the women survived?????
Old 02-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #21164

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I was just thinking some of you must live close to Ed Santos http://www.centertargetsports.com/ If so you owe it to yourselves to stop by and visit.

I would love to have a range half as good as his then keep improving.

Cinder how far is he from you???

Old 02-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #21165
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 1974 Times on 1198 Posts
Likes Given: 2150

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
The good part is the women survived - - - the bad part is all those cops and all thoes rounds and the women survived?????
Agreed. Another bad part is that they opened fire at all.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 02-08-2013, 12:01 PM   #21166

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

What would the story have been if they had the right guy? It's still illegal to just open fire even on a known criminal with no provocation.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #21167
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8926 Times on 3867 Posts
Likes Given: 1397

Jamaica, mon! In May, my youngest (mother of the Anarchist-in-Training) is getting married- and they are honeymooning in Jamaica. A-I-T will be hanging with me for a week.

Hmmm- If I time this right, I could use up some frequent flyer miles,surprise daughter (Casually stroll down the beach with granddaughter- "Hi sweety! Have you seen my glasses?")

THEN go crash the wedding for W-I-C's son- Oh, that just has all SORTS of possibilities!

Reference motor/ engine- Yeah, that must be why they call Detroit the Engine City, right? And the thing at the back of a boat is called an outboard engine, right? And the thing that burned coal (external combustion) and pulled railroad trains was never a steam engine, huh? BTW, the thing that drives an anti-tank missle is a rocket MOTOR.

Decided there are some many exceptions, it makes little sense.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 02-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #21168
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8926 Times on 3867 Posts
Likes Given: 1397

Trip- there are about 4 cities that the LEOs scare me- LA area, Baltimore, Philly and N'Awlins.

Looking at photos of the truck- which had thousands- not dozens of rounds fired at it- first question- WHY did you shoot at all?

2nd question- Who taught you guys to shoot? I have people in family that are not old enough to vote that can do MUCH better with an AR at 300 meters.

3rd- Maybe the politicians are right- there needs to be a ban on scary ugly guns that hold a lot of ammo. A ban on supplying them to police departments that cannot figure out just what their role is supposed to be in the justice system.

What we have here is... failure- to communicate.

Balota Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 12:27 PM   #21169

Liked 127 Times on 64 Posts
Likes Given: 364

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
This is fairly typical accuracy for large city police.

In Washington, DC, back in the latter part of the last century, 20 Washington, DC police fired 63 shots at a single robbery suspect who was standing in front of the deli he and his brother-in-law had just robbed and struck him THREE TIMES, TWICE with TWO PIECES of BUCKSHOT.

The deli had a shattered window, and the storefront was peppered with bullets, some as high as twelve feet above the ground.

Many large city LEO's are apparently advocates for the 'spray and pray' method of shooting.

Remember the two LEO's shooting at the man in NY recently? More bystanders were shot then rounds placed into the perpertrator from a distance of less than 10 feet. The perpertrator's weapon was tangled in his coat/carry bag and he never got a round off at the LEO's.

eldar
Old 02-08-2013, 01:25 PM   #21170

Liked 9204 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I'm still just wondering when "open fire without even attempting positive ID" became SOP.

This Dornton guy (sp?) Drives a gray Nissan titan. These ladies were driving a blue Toyota. No excuse at all. These two vehicles are not even similar, except in the fact that they're similarly sized pickup trucks. As are 90% of all other half ton size trucks on the road. It could have been my granddad (God rest his soul) in his white F150, my Dad in his silver silverado, or my former boss in his Barney people Ram. What the hell? And how do you mistake one massively huge black man (have you seen the picture? Holy crap), for two ladies delivering newspapers? All that takes is to actually look at your freaking target to know that "holy crap, that's two ladies, not one big dude"

I'm not a cop. I did serve as military police for a short time. But, my time as a rifleman in Iraq actually involved making a positive ID on insurgents and engaging them if necessary, but taking them alive if at all possible. And dammit, we mare sure we at least had the color/make of the vehicle right, with ZERO cases of mistaken identity for my unit. Well, I take that back. There was one time we RETURNED fire on an insurgent's vehicle, thinking it was one guy, only to discover it was a different known insurgent.