Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2013, 12:42 AM   #21121
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7666 Times on 4424 Posts
Likes Given: 9888

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Sitting waiting for the doctor to come examine me. The nurse is asking about meds and such. Then she ask if I am feeling depressed or experiancing any anxiety. I say no. When she is done with the questions I ask her if those questions about depression are new. She said they were, doesn't matter if you came in for a sprained ankle. They are mandated now. I ask by who ? She doesn't know. Will ask the dr when he comes in.
Literally just got back from taking my 82-year old mother to the dermatologist and she was asked the same thing. WTF? Mom was there for a tiny spot of sun damage on her nose. The doc is actually a patient of my brother (who is also a doc). But the questions were asked by the nurse before we saw him.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:46 AM   #21122
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6675 Times on 4038 Posts
Likes Given: 7938

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Sitting waiting for the doctor to come examine me. The nurse is asking about meds and such. Then she ask if I am feeling depressed or experiancing any anxiety. I say no. When she is done with the questions I ask her if those questions about depression are new. She said they were, doesn't matter if you came in for a sprained ankle. They are mandated now. I ask by who ? She doesn't know. Will ask the dr when he comes in.
Years ago when my sister was at the OB for a routine yearly exam, the doctor asked my sister if she was abused by her husband in any way. My sister asked why that question. The doctor saw bruises on my sister. My sister said, "I live on a farm and throw hay to horses and sheep twice a day and do a variety of other farm chores. Of course I'm going to have bruises." But she was not offended by the question because spousal abuse is not that uncommon in some rural communities.

Old 02-08-2013, 12:58 AM   #21123

Liked 155 Times on 92 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Literally just got back from taking my 82-year old mother to the dermatologist and she was asked the same thing. WTF? Mom was there for a tiny spot of sun damage on her nose. The doc is actually a patient of my brother (who is also a doc). But the questions were asked by the nurse before we saw him.
I would use the Pinoccio defense from Shrek 3

Nurse: So tell me, are you depressed or have anxiety?
Patient : Uh. Hmm, well, uh, I don't know if I have or have not.
Nurse: You're telling me you don't know?
Patient: It wouldn't be inaccurate to assume that I couldn't exactly not say that it is or isn't almost partially incorrect.
Nurse: So you do know if you have or have not experienced these symptoms?
Patient: On the contrary. I'm possibly more or less not definitely rejecting the idea that in no way with any amount of uncertainty that I undeniably do or do not know if I could probably be, if that indeed wasn't the case. Even if I'm not, or ever knew I was which would mean I'd really have to know if I wasn't.

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 01:05 AM   #21124
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19579 Times on 11111 Posts
Likes Given: 49290

i think my response would be that if i didn't come in with those problems, lets concentrate on what i did come in for.

am i depressed or have anxiety? i will when i get the bill!

bigdaddy60 Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 01:22 AM   #21125
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8316 Times on 3595 Posts
Likes Given: 1280

"Am I depessed or am I anxious? Hmm, let me see now........

I'm sitting on a cold exam table where I have been for 45 minutes. I am waiting for YOU to get this rusty NAIL out of my FOOT, after which you are going to PAINFULLY wash the nail hole out with Betadine, and give me a tetanus shot.

Then you are going to send me a bill for about $500, unless you decide to X-ray my foot- in case there are other nails hiding there- which will bump the charges by about $400.

Now HOW could I be depressed or anxious over THAT? Sounds like the absolutely PERFECT afternoon to me.

BTW, how long have you been making sounds that appear to be speech, but make no sense at all? Does this make you depressed, or feel anxious in any way? "

What we have heah is.... failure to communicate.

People Like This 
Old 02-08-2013, 01:24 AM   #21126
Mommy, who lights the sun?

Liked 1650 Times on 1006 Posts
Likes Given: 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
They were not coming from the new power supply but they did turn out to be things I didn't need to connect. I took my computer to my daughter's friends tonight. Her husband worked on it and said they were extra connections for features my computer didn't have. I am here, right now, posting from my own computer with my much loved illuminated keyboard. I am so happy!

It wasn't a mess....... I actually had it all right I just didn't know it.
Outstanding!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 02-08-2013, 01:29 AM   #21127
Mommy, who lights the sun?

Liked 1650 Times on 1006 Posts
Likes Given: 1967

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Yes, I do know what happens when you screw up with electrical. You blow the whole thing up and need to buy a new 'whatever'. I once put a new plug on a vacuum cleaner. I sure didn't like the jolt I got when I plugged it in. And there's the time I plugged in a pump to my fish tank with wet hands. OUCH!! I have a healthy respect for anything electrical.

I have replaced parts in many analyzers at the hospital. I have learned you take out one wire and put the new one in......one at a time. Never take them out all at once.

It just always seems like if it ain't one thing it's a nother around my place. I have a plumbing problem I've been ignoring but I think that's next in line.
My motto is "Don't put both index fingers in the socket at the same time, and everything else is the electrical guy's problem."

I believe electricity is a myth. All such devices actually run on smoke. I find that whenever I let the smoke out of an electrical device it stops working. So, the device runs on smoke... That's my theory anyway!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

People Like This 
Old 02-08-2013, 01:42 AM   #21128

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
My motto is "Don't put both index fingers in the socket at the same time, and everything else is the electrical guy's problem."

I believe electricity is a myth. All such devices actually run on smoke. I find that whenever I let the smoke out of an, device it stops working. So, the device runs on smoke... That's my theory anyway!
That explains that putrid smell! It's rotten from being in one space too long!

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 02:04 AM   #21129
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7666 Times on 4424 Posts
Likes Given: 9888

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post

I'm sitting on a cold exam table where I have been for 45 minutes. I am waiting for YOU to get this rusty NAIL out of my FOOT, after which you are going to PAINFULLY wash the nail hole out with Betadine, and give me a tetanus shot.

Then you are going to send me a bill for about $500, unless you decide to X-ray my foot- in case there are other nails hiding there- which will bump the charges by about $400.

Now HOW could I be depressed or anxious over THAT? Sounds like the absolutely PERFECT afternoon to me.

BTW, how long have you been making sounds that appear to be speech, but make no sense at all? Does this make you depressed, or feel anxious in any way? "
I was going to say a version of the same thing.

Are you depressed of anxious?

Oh my God! I wasn't when I came in, but now that you point it out, I am anxious! Is it contagious?

And then burst out in tears.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
c3shooter Likes This 
Old 02-08-2013, 02:43 AM   #21130
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2901 Times on 1621 Posts
Likes Given: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3shooter View Post

Just remember, nothing hurts quite enough without a little help from the guys in the ER. I avoid them at all costs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post

I believe electricity is a myth. All such devices actually run on smoke. I find that whenever I let the smoke out of an electrical device it stops working. So, the device runs on smoke... That's my theory anyway!
I don't like electrical things. I'm starting to learn more and more about it though.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.