Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2108
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2013, 02:50 AM   #21071
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7090 Times on 4267 Posts
Likes Given: 8591

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
if they are coming from the new power supply, they may be extra outputs for other accessories on a computer. you may not even need to hook them up. sometime they do this so one power supply can work on a bunch of different systems and for peoples different needs.
They were not coming from the new power supply but they did turn out to be things I didn't need to connect. I took my computer to my daughter's friends tonight. Her husband worked on it and said they were extra connections for features my computer didn't have. I am here, right now, posting from my own computer with my much loved illuminated keyboard. I am so happy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Nothing worse than trying to figure out someone elses wiring mess.
It wasn't a mess....... I actually had it all right I just didn't know it.
People Like This 
Old 02-07-2013, 02:52 AM   #21072
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
They were not coming from the new power supply but they did turn out to be things I didn't need to connect. I took my computer to my daughter's friends tonight. Her husband worked on it and said they were extra connections for features my computer didn't have. I am here, right now, posting from my own computer with my much loved illuminated keyboard. I am so happy!

It wasn't a mess....... I actually had it all right I just didn't know it.
way to go Winds!

Old 02-07-2013, 02:54 AM   #21073
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 716 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 1699

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Not funny!
Sure it is!

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:57 AM   #21074
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
way to go Winds!
Thank you. My own keyboard, my bookmarks, my USB for my camera. It's very difficult to type on a keyboard that isn't "yours".
DFlynt Likes This 
Old 02-07-2013, 03:08 PM   #21075
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

If anyone's wondering where to take their wife or girlfriend for Valentine's Day..........

People Like This 
Old 02-07-2013, 03:09 PM   #21076

Liked 1077 Times on 780 Posts
Likes Given: 551

I love wiring and electrical , I eat that chit up ! Kinda like a bomb , ignore the majority of it and cast aside the fact that if you screw up your ...... well you know .
I am one of the very very very few around who will actually diagnose electrical and outboard ignitions systems vrs throwing parts at it . I take great pride and have much invested in electrical equipment .
I did grab 408 one time . talk about a hellashish bite ! Nothing , and I mean nothing compared to some outboard battery charging systems , They have almost killed me , get a hold of one good enough and it WILL NOT LET GO , nothing you can do .

Also the shop jet heaters have one of the baddest ignitors I have ever had the pleasure of grabbing . THEY HURT , not like 120 or 220 or a plug wire hell even a taser is nothing compared to a jet heater .

Shop teacher told us he had a friend way back in the day who would pull the plug wire off a flat head v8 then pull his ______ out and hold next to the plug and watch it arc over ROLMFAO

Danger is real , Fear is a option

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #21077
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
I love wiring and electrical , I eat that chit up ! Kinda like a bomb , ignore the majority of it and cast aside the fact that if you screw up your ...... well you know .
Yes, I do know what happens when you screw up with electrical. You blow the whole thing up and need to buy a new 'whatever'. I once put a new plug on a vacuum cleaner. I sure didn't like the jolt I got when I plugged it in. And there's the time I plugged in a pump to my fish tank with wet hands. OUCH!! I have a healthy respect for anything electrical.

I have replaced parts in many analyzers at the hospital. I have learned you take out one wire and put the new one in......one at a time. Never take them out all at once.

It just always seems like if it ain't one thing it's a nother around my place. I have a plumbing problem I've been ignoring but I think that's next in line.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:01 PM   #21078

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Marlinman sent me a text saying he got banned for life because of a pm he sent to a member that he felt was attacking him on the bennet springs thread. I'm a little confused, mods say take your bickering to private message. Has something changed ?

Well, I guess this means no pictures of fish or the warbird for sure now. Dog gone it.

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-07-2013, 04:08 PM   #21079
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Marlinman sent me a text saying he got banned for life because of a pm he sent to a member that he felt was attacking him on the bennet springs thread. I'm a little confused, mods say take your bickering to private message. Has something changed ?

Well, I guess this means no pictures of fish or the warbird for sure now. Dog gone it.
This will not be discussed on the open forum. Take any questions you have to Notdku. But I will say if a PM is harassing and abusive with bad language or accusatory comments, that is not what I meant by "take it to PM's".

Old 02-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #21080

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

This will not be discussed on the open forum. Take any questions you have to Notdku. But I will say if a PM is harassing and abusive with bad language or accusatory comments, that is not what I meant by "take it to PM's".
Gotch ya boss...

NEVER FORGET