Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2107
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #21061
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Driftwood anyone?
You should stack it and sell dried firestarting wood at the end of the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
Sometimes I will grab a buddy's phone when its ringing and answer it with "XXXX Police Department. Seargent Smith, narcotics." and listen to the silence. Unfortunately my voice is so distinctive anybody who knows me will recognize me in just a few words. I did this last night and was immediately recognized.
Not funny!
Old 02-06-2013, 07:01 PM   #21062

Liked 2414 Times on 1504 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello
Catchin anything?
Nope. Workin lol. Well kinda.

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #21063
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4230 Times on 2343 Posts
Likes Given: 189

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdku View Post
When you wake up early and have little extra coffee, all that "extra time" is spent peeing.

Random Thought Complete.
If I drink extra coffee my hands shake unless I'm working. And extra coffee is a cup...

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

MobileMarine thrives on dangerous situations.
No, he just has bad luck. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dango View Post

The true meaning of "ROAD RASH" , not good for the ole "sun-tan" I-ther !
I've gotten road rash long boarding. That was painful. I'm trying hard not to think what 45 mph road rash would feel like... And don't forget, nothing hurts quite enough without a little help from our friends in the ER. Don't worry, they'll do their best to scrub all the rocks and dirt out before you go home.

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.
People Like This 
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #21064
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8554 Times on 5105 Posts
Likes Given: 11189

Default I am my own worst enemy.....

The power supply came for my computer today. That, in itself, is an interesting story I'll post later. Okay, so me, being ever so inpatient, didn't want to wait until tomorrow when my son could come over and install the power supply for me. I go ahead and do it myself. I got the power supply installed just fine. But I have two wires that I can't figure out where they go. The are not from the power supply. One looks like it originates at the button that opens the DVD drive. I have no idea what the other one originates at. Just the board, it seems. My DVD drive hasn't been opening and know I know why. That wire was disconnected. The plug in part is very, very tiny. So I can't take responsibility for undoing that and not remembering where it goes. The second wire became unattached as I was removing the old power supply. I have searched for a long time trying to see where they connect. So I have to wait until tomorrow to have my own computer back anyway. Sometimes I absolutely drive myself nuts. AND, my son is going to be mad at me for doing this on my own. He hates shoveling the s**t I leave behind, *cry*

My daughter's friend is a computer guru. I called him and he said each will only fit in one spot. I looked for a good 45 minutes and can't see ANYWHERE that these two wires might hook into. He offered to fix it for me if I drive over to his place. But I would feel the need to compensate him and I don't really have any spare money to give him...........which is why I didn't bring it to Best Buy to fix.

I can drive myself absolutely nuts.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:29 PM   #21065
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22251 Times on 12465 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
The power supply came for my computer today. That, in itself, is an interesting story I'll post later. Okay, so me, being ever so inpatient, didn't want to wait until tomorrow when my son could come over and install the power supply for me. I go ahead and do it myself. I got the power supply installed just fine. But I have two wires that I can't figure out where they go. The are not from the power supply. One looks like it originates at the button that opens the DVD drive. I have no idea what the other one originates at. Just the board, it seems. My DVD drive hasn't been opening and know I know why. That wire was disconnected. The plug in part is very, very tiny. So I can't take responsibility for undoing that and not remembering where it goes. The second wire became unattached as I was removing the old power supply. I have searched for a long time trying to see where they connect. So I have to wait until tomorrow to have my own computer back anyway. Sometimes I absolutely drive myself nuts. AND, my son is going to be mad at me for doing this on my own. He hates shoveling the s**t I leave behind, *cry*

My daughter's friend is a computer guru. I called him and he said each will only fit in one spot. I looked for a good 45 minutes and can't see ANYWHERE that these two wires might hook into. He offered to fix it for me if I drive over to his place. But I would feel the need to compensate him and I don't really have any spare money to give him...........which is why I didn't bring it to Best Buy to fix.

if they are coming from the new power supply, they may be extra outputs for other accessories on a computer. you may not even need to hook them up. sometime they do this so one power supply can work on a bunch of different systems and for peoples different needs.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:30 PM   #21066
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8554 Times on 5105 Posts
Likes Given: 11189

But here's the story about the delivery of the power supply. I was out in back taking out the garbage and dumping the recycling from in the house into the bin. My dogs were leashed out in front. As soon as I step outside I hear them bark. *sigh* So I yell, "QUIET!" Of course, they continue to bark. I finish what I'm dong and go through the house to let them in. I see the Fed Ex truck pulling away and I think, "Dammit, the Fed Ex guy was here and probably didn't deliver the package because of the dogs." So, I'm hoping he'll return later to try delivery again. I open the front door to let the dogs in and there on the porch is the package. He walked amongst my 3 barking dogs to leave the package on the front porch. I certainly would not have done that. The mail lady always walks through my barking dogs, too, thought I try not to have them out when I know it's time for her to deliver my mail.

If I were delivering packages, I would NOT walk past any dogs that could reach me to deliver a package.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #21067

Liked 159 Times on 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Is it possible to post pictures? Might be able to offer help from that point.

You might also try firing up the computer and see what devices work and which don't to help you decide what if anything isn't connected. The "simple things first" method has served me well through life...

Last edited by MoreAltitude; 02-06-2013 at 08:48 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #21068

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:

Nothing worse than trying to figure out someone elses wiring mess.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:50 PM   #21069
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5738 Times on 3362 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

So, i "advised" a buddy who was filing his income taxes for the first time as a married person and as a father of one. He got the refund two days ago but has yet to tell his wife about it. It's probably a good thing; money seems to give her imaginary ailments, and he owes eeeeeeverybody.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:36 PM   #21070

Liked 9209 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

You know you're a Marine vet when a buddy posts a pic on Facebook of himself grabbing another Marine's ass and humping him.

As an "in memorium" on the anniversary of the violated one's death. Oorah, good times.
HOSSFLY Likes This