Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2103
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #21021
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8458 Times on 4900 Posts
Likes Given: 11023

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
Here Winds...

The Samozaryadnyj Karabin sistemy Simonova, 1945 (SKS-45)

The United States Rifle, Caliber .30, M1 (M1 Garand)
Not only does the magazine extend below the stock on the SKS, but the gas tube is on the top of the barrel, whereas on the Garand the gas tube is below the barrel (the barrel in both cases being the longer of the two).

The Garand in the original picture has an early, unaltered (full length) bayonet fixed. I don't think that you can fold the bayonet underneath on a Garand like you can on the above pictured SKS, you have to place it in a belt scabbard when it is not fixed.

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #21022
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 7329 Times on 4411 Posts
Likes Given: 9017

My daughter finally was able to move into her new apartment. Once again, my car is in the garage. I'm excited about that.

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-05-2013, 02:29 AM   #21023

Liked 2391 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagj17
The one thing out here, is to compete physical score wise, against military is to score high( not a problem for you, methinks lol)
My 1 1/2 mile run time was not great. IIRC it was 11minutes? I need to work on that. Push-ups sit-ups bench press were all 100%.

I emailed them to see what was I lacking in. Oh well. Thanks for the support y'all.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:30 AM   #21024

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change
My daughter finally was able to move into her new apartment. Once again, my car is in the garage. I'm excited about that.
Yay! Garage space again. Bet your happy.

Oh dern....

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:48 AM   #21025

Liked 749 Times on 496 Posts
Likes Given: 825

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I own four hand guns.

When I joined here I owned a GP100. I knew gun safety and I knew how to clean it. Then I bought a Mark II from JonM who was ever so kind and patient with me. He drove it down here and we made the transfer. The next weekend I drove up to Wisconsin and he showed me how to field strip it and watched me do it. Then he paid my way for a days shooting at the range and we had a blast. Then last year I bought my Sig P238. I love that little gun. Then finally, a few weeks ago I 'inherited' my Dad's Browning FN. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/i-got-new-me-pistol-today-79849/

When I went to buy ammo for my Sig, I wasn't sure what exactly to buy. I have a 'text buddy' and he helped me. I have been helped by so many people here that's in incredible. I think I've learned the most by going shooting with Stalkingbear in Kentucky. You will not find a more patient, kind, generous, knowledgeable man ever. And anyone who's met him will agree with me, I'm sure.
I thought you were gonna get a SKS??!!!!?

Old 02-05-2013, 02:50 AM   #21026
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 728 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
I can't remember who asked about the 25.00 Bass Pro Shop gift card with NRA membership but I got mine today. Cool !
I'm still waiting on mine.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:54 AM   #21027
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 728 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
The 10 years I actually had a house with a garage, I never once parked a vehicle in it. Wasn't room. And it was a two-car garage...
Wife never parked in it either.

"Well, we're all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours." - Walter Bishop, from Fringe.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:58 AM   #21028
I'm a mechanic, I fix problems you didn't know you had, in ways you do not understand
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3373 Times on 1879 Posts
Likes Given: 147

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post

My 1 1/2 mile run time was not great. IIRC it was 11minutes? I need to work on that. Push-ups sit-ups bench press were all 100%.

I emailed them to see what was I lacking in. Oh well. Thanks for the support y'all.
I'd run sprints. 30 60 90s or 30 seconds sprinting 30 seconds walking bank and forth as long as you can.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:03 AM   #21029

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

I'd run sprints. 30 60 90s or 30 seconds sprinting 30 seconds walking bank and forth as long as you can.
I forgot about the sprints we did. I did good in the 300 yard. I fat. Lol

Oh dern....

Old 02-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #21030

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Yeah I have to get better in all of them

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------