Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2102
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #21011
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1132 Times on 738 Posts
Likes Given: 657

I'm barely on for a few days and I can't get caught up in all the posts..... Ahhhhhhh

when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:50 PM   #21012

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

I can't remember who asked about the 25.00 Bass Pro Shop gift card with NRA membership but I got mine today. Cool !

NEVER FORGET

Old 02-04-2013, 10:40 PM   #21013
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7007 Times on 4214 Posts
Likes Given: 8433

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
on a serious note. Winds has made some amazing strides when it comes to firearms. not long ago, she didn't even own a firearm, muchless know anything about them. she now owns three, !
I own four hand guns.

When I joined here I owned a GP100. I knew gun safety and I knew how to clean it. Then I bought a Mark II from JonM who was ever so kind and patient with me. He drove it down here and we made the transfer. The next weekend I drove up to Wisconsin and he showed me how to field strip it and watched me do it. Then he paid my way for a days shooting at the range and we had a blast. Then last year I bought my Sig P238. I love that little gun. Then finally, a few weeks ago I 'inherited' my Dad's Browning FN. http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f15/i-got-new-me-pistol-today-79849/

When I went to buy ammo for my Sig, I wasn't sure what exactly to buy. I have a 'text buddy' and he helped me. I have been helped by so many people here that's in incredible. I think I've learned the most by going shooting with Stalkingbear in Kentucky. You will not find a more patient, kind, generous, knowledgeable man ever. And anyone who's met him will agree with me, I'm sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
When do kids start to listen ? I mean mine are almost 3 and freaking hard headed as hell !
I feel like just one would be ok but with mine they just feed off each other good and bad . Like yesterday , we were at the pond throwing rocks and told them its time to go , Evan jumps in the golf cart , Madison ...... 15ft away and ignoring the hell out of me , only when I start after them when they get like that is when they listen .
Is it just kids or My luck ?
They started a different class in school today with new teacher and kids , both of their eyes were welting up this morning , bigger room but less kids so hope they will learn some more .
You have the luck of having twins. You're right, they feed off each other. Twins are just so closely bonded that they do everything together. I believe it is that "pack mentality". I'm not comparing children to dogs but when I had one dog, he listened to me without question. Then I got a second dog and when I'd call them in, they'd look at each other and take off. They would NEVER do that one on one. MM, they're kids. Be patient. I know it's difficult. Hang in there. You know if I lived closer I'd have a blast taking those twins off your hands every once in a while. You also must know they are always better for anyone else rather than their parents. I sometimes babysit my friends daughter. She is so fun and cooperative with me. As soon as her parents walk in the door, she becomes a child I haven't seen before. Her parents fret she was naughty for me. I tell them, truthfully, she didn't give me one bit of trouble. Hahaha..
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #21014

Liked 2373 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Well, I made it to the final cut for the police in town, then didn't make the final cut of 37 people. Oh well, try try again.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #21015

Liked 86 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post

I took it, I think the only question I got right was my name, and I'm not even sure that was right...
I didn't do much better,I only got 4 right.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:52 PM   #21016
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
Well, I made it to the final cut for the police in town, then didn't make the final cut of 37 people. Oh well, try try again.
You did great. Chalk it up to experience. You've been through it and now what to expect. You probably could look back and see what you could have done differently. Don't give up. Very few make a police force with their first try. And don't just limit yourself to the police force in town. Look at neighboring towns, too. If I can help you in any way, please let me know.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:39 PM   #21017

Liked 2373 Times on 1482 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Thanks winds. Maybe up my written test score is the only thing I can think of. There was a massive applying force. 8 different dates I believe, with a lot of military and current Leo's. a lot of out state people.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:41 PM   #21018
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Thanks winds. Maybe up my written test score is the only thing I can think of. There was a massive applying force. 8 different dates I believe, with a lot of military and current Leo's. a lot of out state people.
Yes, that is the way it is. Hang in there. You have a lot to offer a department. Keep at it. Don't give up.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:10 AM   #21019
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1523

Quote:
If at first you don't succeed try, try again KYtowboater. Grats on making the final cut, sorry you didn't get the job.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Old 02-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #21020

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

The one thing out here, is to compete physical score wise, against military is to score high( not a problem for you, methinks lol)

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------