Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2094
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2013, 06:41 PM   #20931
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1786 Times on 1170 Posts
Likes Given: 1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
i'm just not into football or basketball. but now when baseball season gets going whiich isn't that far off.........well i will be watching as much as possible!
Go Cardinals!

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

People Like This 
Old 02-03-2013, 07:08 PM   #20932

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Hmmmm........I need a job. No pay? I wonder if they offer health and dental insurance.
My wife made the front page of the local paper because I was complaining. After the school she works for takes out her health insurance ( no vision or dental ) and taxes she brings home $0.48 every 2 weeks - - - I keep telling her to quit as I can't afford for her to work there but she " Loves her job " I feel I'm supplementing the school!

She got mad ( she is the internet technologies director ) as they posted an opening for an assistant for her and the starting pay was going to be $10,000.00 per year more than she makes. They ended up giving her a $10,000.00 raise ( after 13 years ) and three weeks paid vacation so after taxes she now brings home about $175.00 every 2 weeks. At least now I don’t have to buy her gas and lunch for her to work for them. She has turned down several much higher paying jobs but she refuses to even consider them.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #20933
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7176 Times on 4318 Posts
Likes Given: 8753

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Yeah there's 2 teams playing or something today, me I'm going to a family Super Bowl party for the food!
Well, I always thought the game was just incidental to give us the commercials and a reason to all get together for some good food. *shrugs*

Quote:
i'm just not into football or basketball. but now when baseball season gets going whiich isn't that far off.........well i will be watching as much as possible!
I don't like football, either, but on a forum of over 43,000 members, most of them men, I thought there'd be some mention of the Super Bowl.

Axxe, I, too, am a baseball fan. Go, White Sox!! I also like hockey and soccer. I'm not against basketball, either, but I don't go out of my way to watch it.

Funny story........I was babysitting a friends daughter at their house. Her husband had just bought a big screen TV......I mean BIG. He is a died in the wool Chicago Cubs fan. When they came home I had the White Sox game on. Truly, the look on his face was upset and disgust all at once. His wife and I couldn't stop laughing. He was truly disgusted.
People Like This 
Old 02-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #20934
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21592 Times on 12249 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Go Cardinals!
Go Texas Rangers!!!!!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #20935
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Go Texas Rangers!!!!!
The 6th game of the 2011 World Series was one for the ages!

R.I.P. Stan "The Man" Musial, you were truly loved and are greatly missed.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 02-03-2013 at 07:19 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #20936
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7176 Times on 4318 Posts
Likes Given: 8753

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Funny story........I was babysitting a friends daughter at their house. Her husband had just bought a big screen TV......I mean BIG. He is a died in the wool Chicago Cubs fan. When they came home I had the White Sox game on. Truly, the look on his face was upset and disgust all at once. His wife and I couldn't stop laughing. He was truly disgusted.
I should have offered to buy his "defiled" very big screen tv from him for cheap. LOL

Last edited by winds-of-change; 02-03-2013 at 07:39 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-03-2013, 07:21 PM   #20937

Quote:
The 6th game of the 2011 World Series was one for the ages!
those were good games! the Rangers have made some major improvements and have taken their team to a completely new level. fan participation and sell out games, bleachers filled to almost capacity every game. they have made some strides and are fixing to be a team to not underestimate by any means.
Old 02-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #20938
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
those were good games! the Rangers have made some major improvements and have taken their team to a completely new level. fan participation and sell out games, bleachers filled to almost capacity every game. they have made some strides and are fixing to be a team to not underestimate by any means.
Hope the Rangers and the Cardinals both have a great season!

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #20939

Quote:
Hope the Rangers and the Cardinals both have a great season!
go Rangers and Go Cardinals!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #20940

Liked 257 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

Go Texas Rangers!!!!!
Go Brewers!!!!!