Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 05:36 PM   #20851
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 155 Times on 92 Posts

My random thought of the day is angry...
I have a car that took a huge dump on me last week. Pulled out my code reader p0505. Very-very long story made short, my IACV shorted and took my Computer (ECM) out with it, as it fried a chip on the board!!! Got new IACV and sent my ECM out for repair from a reputable company. Got them back few days ago, installed them, did all the idle re-learn procedures and not 10 miles down the road smelled that sweet smell of another computer chip melting away and p0505 again. Tested the parts, another shorted IACV and fried ECM. Back where I started with a few hundred bucks wasted. Spent the last 2 days testing continuity/shorts of the whole electrical system and all is good with that. Very confused, only thing I think off is my replacement IACV was bad out the box. What a nightmare, could have bought a nice pistol after all this crap is hopefully said and done :-(

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Old 02-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #20852

Liked 940 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 509

Quote:
I have a car that took a huge dump on me last week. Pulled out my code reader p0505. Very-very long story made short, my IACV shorted and took my Computer (ECM) out with it, as it fried a chip on the board!!! Got new IACV and sent my ECM out for repair from a reputable company. Got them back few days ago, installed them, did all the idle re-learn procedures and not 10 miles down the road smelled that sweet smell of another computer chip melting away and p0505 again. Tested the parts, another shorted IACV and fried ECM. Back where I started with a few hundred bucks wasted. Spent the last 2 days testing continuity/shorts of the whole electrical system and all is good with that. Very confused, only thing I think off is my replacement IACV was bad out the box. What a nightmare, could have bought a nice pistol after all this crap is hopefully said and done :-(
What ride you working with ? We have mitchell on demand here and could look up a diagram and test values . Hell might even have a junker here I could rob some parts of off to shoot you .
Do you fully understand how to work a good electrical meter ? If not then your pissing in the wind . IAC mainly get dirty and can be cleaned , they are basically a motor driven valve . Any codes for your TPS ?

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #20853
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2877 Times on 1607 Posts
Likes Given: 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreAltitude View Post
Sounds like it needs to be pushed off a cliff along with this damn suburban I'm working on...

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #20854

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine

What ride you working with ? We have mitchell on demand here and could look up a diagram and test values . Hell might even have a junker here I could rob some parts of off to shoot you .
Do you fully understand how to work a good electrical meter ? If not then your pissing in the wind . IAC mainly get dirty and can be cleaned , they are basically a motor driven valve . Any codes for your TPS ?
Thank you MobileMarine for your generous offer, people like you are what makes this forum great!!! It's a 01 nissan maxima. I have the factory service manual for the car and a mid-to-upper range multi meter which I'm pretty handy with. All testing and values were run per the factory manual. No codes for TPS. The IACV/ECM issue is a well known Maxima problem with the 00-01's, hell its even common that the electric motor mounts take out the ECU if they fail!!! No circuit protection in any of these items, just bad engineering. I'm kicking myself I didn't test my replacement IACV before installing it, to rule that possibility out. Also that I sold my truck a few months ago.... :-(

Old 02-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #20855
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1781 Times on 1166 Posts
Likes Given: 1499

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
hey, pancakes are good, especially covered with lots syrup and a bacon the side!

dang Darrel, now i want pancakes!
Had pancakes and bacon at the local Cracker Barrel yesterday.

“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-02-2013, 06:25 PM   #20856

Liked 208 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post

Sounds like it needs to be pushed off a cliff along with this damn suburban I'm working on...
Be glad it's not my suburban

------------Space Not for Hire.-----------

Old 02-02-2013, 06:30 PM   #20857

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

I'll happily meet you at the closest cliff for some revenge at this point.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #20858
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6635 Times on 4014 Posts
Likes Given: 7875

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFlynt View Post
Had pancakes and bacon at the local Cracker Barrel yesterday.
*gasp* I love Cracker Barrel. I haven't been to one in a while.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #20859

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Well I got a 45 acp shell holder for my press today....still no dies, powder or bullets. I may have to cave and buy it online and pay the Hazmat tax. No way to clean my brass either.....ugh this is getting expensive.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:47 PM   #20860

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post
Well I got a 45 acp shell holder for my press today....still no dies, powder or bullets. I may have to cave and buy it online and pay the Hazmat tax. No way to clean my brass either.....ugh this is getting expensive.
Harbor frieght sells a case tumbling barrel for like $30