Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 04:51 AM   #20761
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2343 Times on 1524 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota

Winds said to tell y'all she misses us. " *sniff* "

With luck her son can wave his magic wand and resurrect her machine. Pray hard... or at least think positive!
Or she could get a smartphone! Lmao

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 02-01-2013, 05:37 AM   #20762
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7726 Times on 4460 Posts
Likes Given: 9960

Want to freak out your neighbors?

Name your WiFi "BATFE Surveillance"

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
People Like This 
Old 02-01-2013, 05:44 AM   #20763

Liked 29 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Random thought of the day:

This message is brought to you in part by the Department of Useless Advice and Non-Security.

"Remember, if a gunman shows up to your place of business make sure to lock the doors and hide under your desk. If you must fight back, make sure to use a pair of scissors. It will save your life against the gunman."

"Surpress all compassion and you bear a weapon far greater than any held in the hand." - The Psychology of the Assassin

Old 02-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #20764

Liked 344 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I was in Walmart today and figured since you guys down south are having such a hard Tim finding ammunition, I'd wonder over and see how we were doing up here in Canada. Wouldn't you now it, we're doing aces......for now. There was probably 15 boxes of Winchesters white box .223 for 9.67 a piece and all the popular rifle calibers. Even the amount of .22LR that was on hand surprised me.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #20765

Liked 32 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaido View Post
I was in Walmart today and figured since you guys down south are having such a hard Tim finding ammunition, I'd wonder over and see how we were doing up here in Canada. Wouldn't you now it, we're doing aces......for now. There was probably 15 boxes of Winchesters white box .223 for 9.67 a piece and all the popular rifle calibers. Even the amount of .22LR that was on hand surprised me.
I don't think the situation in the US will affect the availability of ammo in Finland, but the supply of AR's will start to dry up if the buying craze goes on any longer. Luckily, there are some European made AR's available and one gun shop has started to import the Canadian NEA AR's but their prices may go up if that's all we can get here.

On a more positive note, I applied for my first handgun permits yesterday, for a 9mm and a .22lr. Still have to do an interview at the local police station next month. The handgun permits are a PIA nowadays to get, you need to have 2 years of documented practice with someone else's gun and certificate signed by a firearms instructor for the application...

Old 02-01-2013, 01:40 PM   #20766

Liked 344 Times on 220 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AleksiR

I don't think the situation in the US will affect the availability of ammo in Finland, but the supply of AR's will start to dry up if the buying craze goes on any longer. Luckily, there are some European made AR's available and one gun shop has started to import the Canadian NEA AR's but their prices may go up if that's all we can get here.

On a more positive note, I applied for my first handgun permits yesterday, for a 9mm and a .22lr. Still have to do an interview at the local police station next month. The handgun permits are a PIA nowadays to get, you need to have 2 years of documented practice with someone else's gun and certificate signed by a firearms instructor for the application...
I'm so glad we don't have to go through all that to get a handgun here in Canada. We just have to show that we can safely handle one and show we know how to properly safety check and disable one. Then we send off the test results, a as sport photo, $60.00 and we have our license. After that we just have to join a shooting club/range.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:52 PM   #20767

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Little bit chilly this morning minus 4 burrrrr!!

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Old 02-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #20768

Liked 966 Times on 706 Posts
Likes Given: 523

Quote:
Want to freak out your neighbors?

Name your WiFi "BATFE Surveillance"
1 is named fbivan511 another is dhsoutlook12 and the one here at the shop is named simply eatshi* lol

Quick ! everyone act up while winds is gone !

I just read the wikipedia description of Ruby Ridge and WOW ! Never heard of it till now and it sounds like a bad hollywood movie went down

And i gotta poot but i just dont trust it .

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:11 PM   #20769
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2979 Times on 1663 Posts
Likes Given: 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC167 View Post
Little bit chilly this morning minus 4 burrrrr!!
It's warm here. 30 this morning when I took my dog for a run.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #20770

Liked 515 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 952

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989

It's warm here. 30 this morning when I took my dog for a run.
I'll trade ya ;-)

Jeremy

Member: NRA

The constitution of the United States asserts that all power is inherent in the people, that they may exercise it by themselves, that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed!” – Thomas Jefferson

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ