Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 02:00 AM   #20751
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 617 Times on 414 Posts
Likes Given: 581

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
could be the power supply took a deuce . If you have a tiger direct or comp usa they sell them CHEAP , i have 2 running tvs here in the house and so far they have been running non stop for over a year w/o fail .
80% chance thats it....

Old 02-01-2013, 02:00 AM   #20752

Liked 855 Times on 620 Posts
Likes Given: 480

In regards to the Ala hostage deal , my local liberal as hell media outlet posted earlier that the old timer roamed the yard with shotgun and flashlight .
NOW it reads Assault Rifle

Chit you not , wished I had copied that page for reference . What does it say on everyone else news ?
BTW , No amount of leo power would keep me from storming that bunker to get one of my babies back from a crazy nut like that , NOTHING . Why cant they inject nitrous or some other sleeping gas down the tube they are talking to him though ?

Captain, my religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. Captain, that is the way all men should live
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.
Blessed is the man who's quiver is full
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:07 AM   #20753
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7363 Times on 4266 Posts
Likes Given: 9480

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post
All I'm saying is this girl has all the characteristics to be the future Mrs. Potentialglock!!
Whoa there big fella! Yer gonna scare her off thinking that way!

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 02-01-2013, 02:09 AM   #20754

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Okay, folks. I am totally flipping out, here. I am at the library right now using their internet. I turned my computer off this morning before I left the house to run a million errands. When I got home this evening, I couldn't get the 'box' to turn on. The monitor is working, the mouse, the keyboard but the box won't turn on. I would as what do you all think is wrong but I WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE ANY ANSWERS.

I think I'll unplug it all and drag it into Best Buy tomorrow. I hope to God I don't have to buy a new box. I am very sad.........
Last time that happened to me it was Bob Thefed got overloaded and let the smoke out.

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
People Like This 
Old 02-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #20755

Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
In regards to the Ala hostage deal , my local liberal as hell media outlet posted earlier that the old timer roamed the yard with shotgun and flashlight .

Chit you not , wished I had copied that page for reference . What does it say on everyone else news ?
BTW , No amount of leo power would keep me from storming that bunker to get one of my babies back from a crazy nut like that , NOTHING . Why cant they inject nitrous or some other sleeping gas down the tube they are talking to him though ?
The dad is a peace loving hippy amd cuz they are stupid politicians.....they never do things the easy way.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:32 AM   #20756
That didn't last long... Flyers during Shero's era!

Liked 1443 Times on 878 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
We'll let balota know to keep his ears open on this for ya.
Now where did I put those Q-tips?

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 3rd FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/3rd-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-12-13-2014-a-98426

Old 02-01-2013, 02:35 AM   #20757

Liked 860 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
Now where did I put those Q-tips?
Look in your gun cleanin kit

Old 02-01-2013, 02:39 AM   #20758

Sometimes the power cord gets loosened up from the back of the unit just a little. Still looks like it's plugged in, but no electrical contact. Try pulling the cord from the back of the box and reattach it.

Another possibility is cooling fan failure. CPU could overheat and cause a shutdown. Until the unit cools off completely, it won't restart.

Of course, if Winds is reading this anywhere but the library, she probably already has the solution. So ignore all of the above, congratulations and welcome back!!!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 3rd FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/3rd-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-12-13-2014-a-98426

winds-of-change Likes This 
Old 02-01-2013, 02:57 AM   #20759

Quote:

What the hell is up with that dude? He is in a 6'x8' underground bunker with a kid and there is only one way out. He didn't think this one out very well, did he?

What I see is a guy who has been exhibiting mentally questionable behavior (reading the news reports) for quite some time. He has killed and beaten neighborhood pets and stray animals, he puts a "speed bump" in the road in front of his house and then the neighbors get on his "list" when they remove it or as he said "damage" it, there are probably a bunch of other things he has done that are even crazier but nobody talks about or hasn't communicated to the press.... yet.

Is this guy one of the people we are talking about when we talk about people who should not have guns, but they do because nobody did anything? Or he got his guns despite his mental illness?

Quote:

Old 02-01-2013, 04:45 AM   #20760

Quote:
Okay, folks. I am totally flipping out, here. I am at the library right now using their internet. I turned my computer off this morning before I left the house to run a million errands. When I got home this evening, I couldn't get the 'box' to turn on. The monitor is working, the mouse, the keyboard but the box won't turn on. I would as what do you all think is wrong but I WON'T BE ABLE TO SEE ANY ANSWERS.

I think I'll unplug it all and drag it into Best Buy tomorrow. I hope to God I don't have to buy a new box. I am very sad.........
Quote:
I don't know where the reset button would be.

It's on a power strip. The monitor, mouse and keyboard all work. I can't get the 'box' to turn on.

I'm logging off and heading for him. There is a member here who knows how to get hold of me. Can you relay any info for me? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
We'll let balota know to keep his ears open on this for ya.
Winds said to tell y'all she misses us. " *sniff* "

With luck her son can wave his magic wand and resurrect her machine. Pray hard... or at least think positive!

Balota

People Like This