Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2051
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 08:00 PM   #20501
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post

Was wondering about the same thing. I think he works further north like MO & such.
He works from paducah ky north.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #20502
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7139 Times on 4297 Posts
Likes Given: 8669

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Now we all know why Kytowboater left for home a week early
http://news.yahoo.com/barge-hits-miss-river-bridge-142358423.html?_sr=1
Well, I understand how you feel. I'm not much for "formal", either. But it sometimes happens in the working world and I am glad they prepared the students for that experience, should it ever happen.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 PM   #20503
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Well, I understand how you feel. I'm not much for "formal", either. But it sometimes happens in the working world and I am glad they prepared the students for that experience, should it ever happen.
I hear you, but what i'm suggesting is that they "prepare them" to overturn the old traditions by having them simply drink water and participate more fully in the discussion while taking mental notes rather than fidget with food they probably wouldn't order and wine they wouldn't curse their sink with.

If people didn't try to make adjustments to the "status quo", we would still be dressed by English tailors and speaking in high English while wearing powdered wigs.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:14 PM   #20504

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

^That would be cool. I really want to take off a glove and backhand someone with it...then call him a "scoundrel".

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

People Like This 
Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 PM   #20505

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

That was in Vicksburg. Never been there, my company does not push oil tows. I haven't read the article but I heard about it. Lowest I've been is new Madrid mo

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:17 PM   #20506
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7139 Times on 4297 Posts
Likes Given: 8669

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I hear you, but what i'm suggesting is that they "prepare them" to overturn the old traditions by having them simply drink water and participate more fully in the discussion while taking mental notes rather than fidget with food they probably wouldn't order and wine they wouldn't curse their sink with.

If people didn't try to make adjustments to the "status quo", we would still be dressed by English tailors and speaking in high English while wearing powdered wigs.
I think business meals are as traditional as wearing a suit and tie.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #20507
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
^That would be cool. I really want to take off a glove and backhand someone with it...then call him a "scoundrel".
The fact that this sort of thing actually happened between allegedly heterosexual men calls into SERIOUS doubt/question most of the lineages traced back to colonial times, in my opinion. "I can trace my ancestry back to the Mayflower. Yes, but many more of the genes made the trip in "steerage" than you think." I'm thinking some household help was probably responsible for fathering most of the gloved wig-powderers offspring.

"Formality" is all fine and well when little girls and boys want to have a dressy party with their school friends, but it has no place in business, least not in getting anything accomplished.

Mosin Likes This 
Old 01-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #20508

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Someone please move this to the right forum,

Thanks,

If you tell a lie often enough does it become the truth?? This information has been available since the 15th of Dec and yet the media still is spreading the lie that the children were killed with an AR-15 assault rifle. Can you believe anything they tell you?

Here is something you should ask your Congressmen about. If an AR-15 wasn't used in the recent school massacre, why should they be restricted? I can tell you why, the goal is to take all of our guns and cancel the 2nd. Amendment.

Be sure to watch the news broadcast at the end.

HMM IMAGINE, OUR GOVERNMENT (AND THE MEDIA) LYING TO US ??

SPREAD THIS!!!!!!

So they finally had to come out and admit it, now that the Coroner has released some info along with Police. An AR-15 Rifle or the so-called "Assault Weapon" was not used in the school shooting. The shooter even tried weeks earlier to buy a Rifle but was turned down in the background check. So he had to kill his Mother to steal her rifle. There were initial reports right after the shooting, that Police found the AR-15 Rifle in his car, NOT IN THE SCHOOL. The Rifle was not used. The Shooter went into the school with 4 handguns. Not an Assault Rifle as the media has charged. I remember in the intitial hours of this shooting, the Police said they found the Rifle in the car. But the News Media had a Pre-Planned Attack already waiting, to ban so-called assault weapons and jumped on that line of reporting, knowing it was a lie. Including people like Piers Morgan who said the shooter used an AR-15 that shoots hundreds of rounds per minute, as if it were a machine gun. Watch the video below:

http://video.today.msnbc.msn.com/today/50208495#50208495

Old 01-28-2013, 08:32 PM   #20509
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
I think business meals are as traditional as wearing a suit and tie.
Which are wholly inappropriate in many areas of business today. Does your general practitioner where a suit and tie now? Does a contractor show up to work on a home in a blazer nowadays? Do professors at normal colleges (not Ivy League institutes of asskissery) teach class in their robes (OK, maybe for graduation ceremonies)? Does your tax preparer wear the three piece suits of yesteryear? What about bankers, surely to be among the last to relinquish the costumes of our old English masters; they too are dressing much more casually than even in the 1970's.

To hell with formality and stodgy tradition! T-shirts and flipflops might be a bit far, but i see no reason for people to dress to the nines when working 9-5 or to hold with other out-dated traditions such as calligraphy for signatures or ruining a good meeting table with food and dishes.

This is the kind of thing that will leave us speaking chinese or spainish in decades to come when the "working men" outpace the "meeting masters".

Old 01-28-2013, 08:48 PM   #20510
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
Someone please move this to the right forum,
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f165/sandy-hook-hoax-debunked-81699/index8.html

You might append this earlier & related thread to revive it.