Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2042
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #20411
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post
Not counting the money you spent on bids
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post
The money spent on bids is the $3.50
No he's right, I did pay for some bids in addition to the $3.50. I got 15 bids free for joining, and used those to win a few hundred more for ony $0.24. So in all, I only paid $48.74 for the new shotgun.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #20412

Quote:
What website do you use? All the penny auction sites I've seen cost like $50 per 100 bids
I'll have to look it up later. I had it saved on my laptop, but by laptop died. You do have to pay for bids, but I don't remember how much they were. I won because of a combination of timing and luck. The sight was new at the time, so there were only a few people bidding, and I won with only 30 or so bids left. I had started with over 250.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 01-24-2013 at 06:26 PM.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #20413
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

No he's right, I did pay for some bids in addition to the $3.50. I got 15 bids free for joining, and used those to win a few hundred more for ony $0.24. So in all, I only paid $48.74 for the new shotgun.
I tried one and got 15 free bids. Spent them all trying to win more bids but lost... needless to say I didn't try that site again

Old 01-24-2013, 06:36 PM   #20414

Quote:
I tried one and got 15 free bids. Spent them all trying to win more bids but lost... needless to say I didn't try that site again
Was it a site that advertised here on ftf? If so, it was probably the same one. There is a lot of luck involved in winning.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:39 PM   #20415

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post

Was it a site that advertised here on ftf? If so, it was probably the same one. There is a lot of luck involved in winning.
No I saw mine in a magazine.....don't remember which one

Old 01-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #20416

Found the site, but for somereason all their vendor threads on FTF were gone, and their site is down.

http://firearmsauction.org/offline

Old 01-24-2013, 07:07 PM   #20417

Liked 778 Times on 610 Posts

i didnt call anyone a goon, i called a group of people that do weird things to guns goons and stand by it.
im one of those men who isnt afraid to stand by what he says. i dont back peddle.
anyone who takes a perfect shotgun after hunting for an inexpensive one, tears it apart, cuts a bbl, and adds 300-500 dollars worth of gadgets to it to make it better, is ....yep a goon. i'll sign that one if i could.

i shot and owned about every shotgun ever made. every comment is based on decades of experience both military and retired. ive watched guys crap their guns out and sell them 2 weeks later when they fired it and realized it kicks like a mule.(goon) ive seen guys wear guns out shooting them. ya know, those guys are qualified to say if a shotgun is good or not, not some ad from mossberg or a post from a website showing how cool a gun looks.
i like any shotgun that lasts. why do i like my winchesters? theyre still shooting 60 years later!!!!!!!
find me one mossberg 50 years old still working.
i dare ya. even if you did, it was most likely because it was sitting unused in a closet the way it was meant to.
you get what you pay for.
all this hype is over guns that are not designed to last. they are cheap and easy to make and pull in a huge profit from goons, so they make even more to feed the craze. it doesnt make the gun good if a lot of people buy them. it just shows how easy people are to be lead around.
people who fall for crazes are crazy. would you rather i say that?
just let me know. but i will not be swayed.
i promote the use of any shotgun where i shoot. you want to bring a 500 or a 870 to my place? fine! i'll show you how to shoot it to its best potential and will debunk all the myths goons were fed about how you must do this and that. i will make them think normal again. brainwashing is a hard road. and most people that are brainwashed are, because they want to be and allowed it. somewhere out here in cyber world, someone planted a seed in your minds and a picture of what you MUST HAVE, got stuck in there.
shotguns have been sitting in corners long before this info generation. and it was mostly hunting guns. why? because the primary use of a shotgun was and still is hunting, and it doubled as a hd gun when not out in the field. but today, (goons) make guns into hd use, then cant use it for anything else.

color me stupid if im wrong. but the color belongs on the ones that fell for the hype and gadgets. its the old snake oil saleman trick thats been around for 100's of years.
hd shotguns.......you just bought colored water to cure hemaroids and dont even know it.(goons)

the companies do! and they thank you for your ignorance.

and one more time...its not pointed at anyone person in particular, its about the whole pandemic of making hd shotguns.

and i am just excercising my right to post a random thought. agree to disagree, but my thought will remain mine, and im sticking to it.

btw...my first student came with a mossberg 500 riot with folding stock, pg, and 18" cyl bore. he hit 13 out of 25 first time out. it wasnt the gun, it was the instruction.

my point is, stop wasting your money on making a gun look cool. its the nut behind the bolt that needs the attention. your moneys better spent grooming talent than gadgets. and i'll sign that one too.

Retired Naval Aviation
Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
Contact Man for the FTF Shotgun Shoot
http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/5th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-apr-11-12-2015-a-109479/

Last edited by bobski; 01-24-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #20418

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post
i didnt call anyone a goon, i called a group of people that do weird things to guns goons and stand by it.
im one of those men who isnt afraid to stand by what he says. i dont back peddle.
anyone who takes a perfect shotgun after hunting for an inexpensive one, tears it apart, cuts a bbl, and adds 300-500 dollars worth of gadgets to it to make it better, is ....yep a goon. i'll sign that one if i could.

i shot and owned about every shotgun ever made. every comment is based on decades of experience both military and retired. ive watched guys crap their guns out and sell them 2 weeks later when they fired it and realized it kicks like a mule.(goon) ive seen guys wear guns out shooting them. ya know, those guys are qualified to say if a shotgun is good or not, not some ad from mossberg or a post from a website showing how cool a gun looks.
i like any shotgun that lasts. why do i like my winchesters? theyre still shooting 60 years later!!!!!!!
i dare ya. even if you did, it was most likely because it was sitting unused in a closet the way it was meant to.
you get what you pay for.
all this hype is over guns that are not designed to last. they are cheap and easy to make and pull in a huge profit from goons, so they make even more to feed the craze. it doesnt make the gun good if a lot of people buy them. it just shows how easy people are to be lead around.
people who fall for crazes are crazy. would you rather i say that?
just let me know. but i will not be swayed.
i promote the use of any shotgun where i shoot. you want to bring a 500 or a 870 to my place? fine! i'll show you how to shoot it to its best potential and will debunk all the myths goons were fed about how you must do this and that. i will make them think normal again. brainwashing is a hard road. and most people that are brainwashed are, because they want to be and allowed it. somewhere out here in cyber world, someone planted a seed in your minds and a picture of what you MUST HAVE, got stuck in there.
shotguns have been sitting in corners long before this info generation. and it was mostly hunting guns. why? because the primary use of a shotgun was and still is hunting, and it doubled as a hd gun when not out in the field. but today, (goons) make guns into hd use, then cant use it for anything else.

color me stupid if im wrong. but the color belongs on the ones that fell for the hype and gadgets. its the old snake oil saleman trick thats been around for 100's of years.
hd shotguns.......you just bought colored water to cure hemaroids and dont even know it.(goons)

the companies do! and they thank you for your ignorance.

and one more time...its not pointed at anyone person in particular, its about the whole pandemic of making hd shotguns.

and i am just excercising my right to post a random thought. agree to disagree, but my thought will remain mine, and im sticking to it.

btw...my first student came with a mossberg 500 riot with folding stock, pg, and 18" cyl bore. he hit 13 out of 25 first time out. it wasnt the gun, it was the instruction.
my point is, stop wasting your money on making a gun look cool. its the nut behind the bolt that needs the attention. your moneys better spent grooming talent than gadgets. and i'll sign that one too.
As I said before, try rounding a corner with a 28" barrel, then try it again with an 18" barrel. You will see why people greatly prefer an 18" barrel on a HD shotgun. Personally, I think 18" is still a little long. If I didn't live in a suburban area where over penetration is a problem, I'd go with my 16" AR instead of my shotgun.

If it's more about the shooter than the gun, why are you making a bid deal over HD shotguns?

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 01-24-2013 at 07:39 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #20419
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Death To Bears!

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 01-24-2013, 08:03 PM   #20420
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobski View Post

i shot and owned about every shotgun ever made.

What about a mostly used-up beater shotgun with damaged furniture getting an $80 barrel and maybe $80 worth of plastic furniture including the shell holder?

Have you owned and shot a lever-opened/breeched single shot Ithica in 20 guage? I have my Dad's in my safe, odd gun.

My ugly ole Mossberg was purchased by me in 1995, but it has the old fixed-choke barrel indicating that it was manufactured prior to 1979, so it is at least 33 years old and working fine. I must admit i don't fire it daily or participate in high-volume shotgunning activities like trap & skeet.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

texaswoodworker Likes This