Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 04:34 PM   #20401
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

I picked up my old Mossberg 500 for $100 on the way to dove hunt, back in 1995 at a Pawn & Gun & Surplus shop. It was fairly ugly: expoxied crack in the buttstock & scuffed/faded bluing ALLOVER. I needed a new hunting license anyways. Many years later, i picked up some plastic furniture (forestock & buttstock with integrated pistol grip) to replace the worn & cracked buttstock and scuffed forestock; i saw a 18.5" barrel at the same gunshow and bought it too. I kept the original and very worn parts, but it wears the new ones.

I bought it; i changed it; I like it that way. Goon or no, makes no difference to me.

__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
2
People Like This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:36 PM   #20402
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trez View Post
For what?
The worst off addicts don't realize they have a problem. Is there a IHA in your area? (International Harvester Anonymous)
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:40 PM   #20403
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
downsouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5,009
Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I picked up my old Mossberg 500 for $100 on the way to dove hunt, back in 1995 at a Pawn & Gun & Surplus shop. It was fairly ugly: expoxied crack in the buttstock & scuffed/faded bluing ALLOVER. I needed a new hunting license anyways. Many years later, i picked up some plastic furniture (forestock & buttstock with integrated pistol grip) to replace the worn & cracked buttstock and scuffed forestock; i saw a 18.5" barrel at the same gunshow and bought it too. I kept the original and very worn parts, but it wears the new ones.

I bought it; i changed it; I like it that way. Goon or no, makes no difference to me.
You maybe a goon-lite.
__________________

NEVER FORGET

downsouth is offline  
axxe55 Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:41 PM   #20404
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
primer1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 6,368
Liked 2378 Times on 1545 Posts

Default

Would that be a Goo? Or a go? If he has two short hd shotguns would that make him a go-go?

__________________

Feral cat waterboarder

primer1 is online now  
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #20405
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Trez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 3-P
Posts: 3,647
Liked 715 Times on 472 Posts
Likes Given: 761

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
The worst off addicts don't realize they have a problem. Is there a IHA in your area? (International Harvester Anonymous)
I dont live in the mid-west, so no... Here in the west IH-itious is very rare, and often gos unrecognized until its too late ...
__________________
Quote:
...... I suffer from a very rare genetic defect that causes me to be sympathetic toward the International cause. There is no cure.
Trez is offline  
orangello Likes This 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #20406
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,170
Liked 5732 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post
Would that be a Goo? Or a go? If he has two short hd shotguns would that make him a go-go?
One of my favorite video game apps is World of Goo.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #20407
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Reno,Texas
Posts: 10,211
Liked 6562 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Default

I won a Mossberg Model 500 persuader in a penny auction. Best $48.50 I ever spent. ($3.50 for auction, $25 for shipping, $20 for transfer)

__________________
texaswoodworker is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #20408
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
potentialglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,160
Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I won a Mossberg Model 500 persuader in a penny auction. Best $48.50 I ever spent. ($3.50 for auction, $25 for shipping, $20 for transfer)
Not counting the money you spent on bids
__________________
potentialglock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #20409
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: fordland,missouri
Posts: 11,099
Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock View Post

Not counting the money you spent on bids
The money spent on bids is the $3.50
__________________
Marlinman is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #20410
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
potentialglock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,160
Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlinman View Post

The money spent on bids is the $3.50
What website do you use? All the penny auction sites I've seen cost like $50 per 100 bids
__________________
potentialglock is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Post random photos you have taken cpttango30 The Club House 72 06-01-2014 05:33 PM
What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG? Samhain The Club House 17 09-08-2009 10:33 PM
your thoughts dirtysouth The Club House 11 08-03-2008 04:47 PM