Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2040
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 04:54 PM   #20391
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Bobski is offering a great opportunity at a very good price for us FTF'ers. He is as entitled as anyone else here to post his opinion. Goon? I've deleted posts that used much, much worse name calling than 'goon'.
Soooo, you and bobski are calling me and ZG goons because we bought our HD shotgun from the FACTORY like that? I did not use a saw or an Axe to cut the barrel, it came from the FACTORY like that. Soooooo, are Mossberg, Remington, and numerous other manufacturers goons because they sell them like that? Here's a random question.. Why would someone cut down the barrel and put a different stock on a shotgun if they sell them like that already????

Old 01-24-2013, 04:56 PM   #20392

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post

Soooo, you and bobski are calling me and ZG goons because we bought our HD shotgun from the FACTORY like that? I did not use a saw or an Axe to cut the barrel, it came from the FACTORY like that. Soooooo, are Mossberg, Remington, and numerous other manufacturers goons because they sell them like that? Here's a random question.. Why would someone cut down the barrel and put a different stock on a shotgun if they sell them like that already????
Maybe bc they can't afford a new gun already like that but they can afford the $150 to have someone like me chop it and switch stocks.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #20393

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Bobski is offering a great opportunity at a very good price for us FTF'ers. He is as entitled as anyone else here to post his opinion. Goon? I've deleted posts that used much, much worse name calling than 'goon'.
So I should feel good about being called names because of the choice of shotgun I have for home defense. As far as a "gifthorse" my thoughts go to a particular part of a horses anatomy. Appearently by your post he has the right to call a whole bunch of members goons and have a problem with me saying I don't care for someones company that would do such a thing.

In my view, his invitation would be akin to getting dinner served on the lid of a trash can.

NEVER FORGET

Old 01-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #20394
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7778 Times on 4669 Posts
Likes Given: 9751

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
So I should feel good about being called names because of the choice of shotgun I have for home defense. As far as a "gifthorse" my thoughts go to a particular part of a horses anatomy. Appearently by your post he has the right to call a whole bunch of members goons and have a problem with me saying I don't care for someones company that would do such a thing.

In my view, his invitation would be akin to getting dinner served on the lid of a trash can.

I am calling no one a goon. I have no problem with anyone's choice of guns as long as it's legal. Heck, look at my Mark II. Some would say I did that gun no justice with the grips I put on it. LOL

I see what you're saying about Bobski calling some a 'goon'. Okay, it's not right to use any name calling but it is his opinion and I've seen much worse names used here on FTF. I've noticed bobski is a skeet and trap 'purist' and has a love of those kind of shot guns. That's his choice and he is certainly entitled to it. If you don't like his opinion then move along to the next post. I don't see anything in his post that would warrant me to delete it.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:14 PM   #20395

Liked 2567 Times on 1669 Posts

forumrunner_20130124_121257.jpg

Feral cat waterboarder

People Like This 
Old 01-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #20396
RIP my good and faithful dog.
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 7778 Times on 4669 Posts
Likes Given: 9751

Quote:
Originally Posted by primer1 View Post

Attachment 81401
My daughter and her friends LOVED that movie when they were kids.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #20397
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 89 Times on 59 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post

My daughter and her friends LOVED that movie when they were kids.
I still love that movie and I'm 42. lol
Old 01-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #20398

Liked 2567 Times on 1669 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastrebel70

I still love that movie and I'm 42. lol
+1, only I'm 40. My daughter now walks around the house talking like sloth and giggling uncontrollablely.

Feral cat waterboarder

Old 01-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #20399

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Nobody thought you were calling us goons woc. I thought I guoted bobski in my original post. I understand his opinion and now he understands what I think of it. In other post bobski has ridiculed "preppers" in a demeaning way. I'm sure if patient he will get around to your box also. No, I don't think his comments should be deleted. Let them stand in all their glory and watch the "no" responses to his shoot add up.

For the record. If someone asked if they should saw off and convert their vintage 870 wingmaster "or the like" for a h/d gun, I would try my best to discourge them from such. However, shotguns these days are purpose built by the manufactuer like Fathead stated.

NEVER FORGET

Last edited by downsouth; 01-24-2013 at 05:28 PM.
axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-24-2013, 05:26 PM   #20400

Liked 806 Times on 524 Posts
Likes Given: 915

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I feel like you need help.
For what?