Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House > Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 08:43 PM   #20261
Mommy, who lights the sun?
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1653 Times on 1008 Posts
Likes Given: 1968

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
I wouldn't say oil is all that flammable but it'll sure burn hot
Oil isn't that easy to get lit, but once it goes it's hard to put out. Same for the coolant. But hydrogen will burn plenty hot enough to get things started!

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 01-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #20262

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
Hahaha.......no I don't use that stuff yearly. And I don't know why. It's incredibly simple to pour a bottle in once in a while and it's not expensive. I did notice when I opened the box containing the new mattress and liner that they sent me two bottles of conditioner free. I'll pour it in then it'll be good to go until the next time I need to replace the mattress in about 10 years. ROFL I don't really know what that stuff is supposed to do. I don't think it prolongs the life of the vinyl at all. I think it just is to 'bleach out' the water in the mattress. But I don't care what the heck is going on with the water in the mattress. It's IN THE MATTRESS.
The water is in the mattress NOW. But what about the water that came out of your last mattress? It could happen again to this one. Stagnant water can grow some of the nastiest stuff.

Balota
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed." 2nd Amendment to the Constitution of the United States
Practice does NOT make perfect. Practice makes permanent. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Check out 4th FTF Shoot & Hoot.http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f138/4th-ftf-shotgun-shoot-hoot-vanzant-mo-oct-4-5-2014-a-105142/

Old 01-20-2013, 08:52 PM   #20263

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
And I just realized I have an attachment that hooks to my sink so I can partially fill it with warm water and I will be sleeping in my bed tonight and not that crappy, God forsaken couch.
Gotta agree with Winds on that one. That couch would be a nasty place to have to sleep. (No offense, Winds ) I'd probably throw a sleeping bag on the floor rather than that one.

Balota

Old 01-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #20264
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2903 Times on 1622 Posts
Likes Given: 123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balota View Post
You weren't being overly dramatic. Every thing you mentioned is flammable including the coolant. Ethylene glycol is flammable. And the aerosol cans will make shrapnel when they go.
Quote:
Oil isn't that easy to get lit, but once it goes it's hard to put out. Same for the coolant. But hydrogen will burn plenty hot enough to get things started!
I said explosive, even. And he was like, "weelllll, I'll see what I can do" no, you don't understand man we're all going to die. I told my boss I was going to report them if he didn't get it fixed it was fixed Monday when I got to work. I don't overreact usually, I really didn't feel like it was very safe.

Quote:
The water is in the mattress NOW. But what about the water that came out of your last mattress? It could happen again to this one. Stagnant water can grow some of the nastiest stuff.
Ha, I've been swimming in stagnant water, eeewwww. It was nasty.

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:00 PM   #20265
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 19591 Times on 11120 Posts
Likes Given: 49326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I said explosive, even. And he was like, "weelllll, I'll see what I can do" no, you don't understand man we're all going to die. I told my boss I was going to report them if he didn't get it fixed it was fixed Monday when I got to work. I don't overreact usually, I really didn't feel like it was very safe.

all you have to remember are four little letters, OSHA! they frown on anything that puts workers health or safety in danger. you would be suprised at how fast things get fixed when OSHA is mentioned. i have used them myself to get problems corrected.

Ha, I've been swimming in stagnant water, eeewwww. It was nasty.
bout like swimming in swamp water!

Old 01-20-2013, 09:16 PM   #20266

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55 View Post
bout like swimming in swamp water!
Thats sumthin you gotta just do to understand how nasty that is

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 01-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #20267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
I'm just saying I had no desire for any further explanation...
Asking for Viking and Marlin to NOT elaborate on this subject is asking the impossible. They can't help themselves...

Balota

Old 01-20-2013, 10:13 PM   #20268

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Wondering if this sign is real. I hope so

.facebook_-120642321.jpg

NEVER FORGET

People Like This 
Old 01-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #20269

Liked 952 Times on 697 Posts
Likes Given: 515

Well brother inlaw leaves wend for S korea for the special olympics snowboarding. Wonder how much he can pick up a AK for over there
Went to get together last night and it got a bit rowdy for , go back over this after noon to ride atvs and golfcart with all the kids and someone walked off with his sig in the garage , pretty pissed considering everyone over there is considered good friends .

Gentlemen , we have lost speed and therefore time , precious time , which can not be regained once lost . I have absolutely no sympathy for any of you fecculant maggots nor the patience to pretend otherwise , Gentlemen , I wash my hands of this madness .

Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this going flat out than some people live in their lifetime.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #20270
Ain't she sweet?
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 6684 Times on 4040 Posts
Likes Given: 7948

Quote:
Actually, if there's a leak, it spills and is contained in a liner. Pouring that 'water bed conditioner' solution into the water in the mattress certainly isn't going to make it nice, clean water.

And yeah, I threw a couple blankets on that couch and slept on it. Balota, you're not prissy, are you? I thought you were tougher and more tolerant than that. Besides, I would never have gotten off the floor. My old bones and joints can't take sleeping on the floor anymore.

Last edited by winds-of-change; 01-20-2013 at 11:04 PM.
bigdaddy60 Likes This