Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2014
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 01:42 PM   #20131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2182 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by winds-of-change View Post
And not only that, if you let an "idiot" drive you away, then you lose and the idiot wins. Is that what you want? It isn't what I want. I like to WIN!!! LOL
Most excellant point

Old 01-19-2013, 04:29 PM   #20132

Liked 2505 Times on 1554 Posts
Likes Given: 53

Down south,

They are turning us 30 south of Cario, so no Memphis.

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #20133

Liked 65 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
My waterbed sprung a fatal leak a couple days ago. I've ordered a new liner and mattress. If it doesn't arrive soon I'm going to be permanently crippled from sleeping on my couch. I wake up feeling like a truck hit me.
I have been told that doing belly flops on your water bed is not good for it. Just thought I would pass along my experiences err I mean what I've been told.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #20134
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_ADMIN.png

Liked 9989 Times on 5969 Posts
Likes Given: 14084

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhc View Post
I have been told that doing belly flops on your water bed is not good for it. Just thought I would pass along my experiences err I mean what I've been told.
Hahaha........no, no belly flops. The mattresses are made of 24 mil vinyl. After a while the constant heat dries the vinyl out and it gets weak at the seams. Even my cat couldn't poke a hole in vinyl that thick.

But that does remind me of a story from long ago. My daughter was about 5 and wanted me to read her a short book before bed. She was laying on my waterbed waiting for me. As I get ready to flop on the bed I told her to get the book which was on the floor on her side of the bed. Just as she reached for the book, I flopped and she got flipped off the bed in a tsunami. So I'm in the bed and I look over and the child who was there just a second ago seemed to have absolutely disappeared. I remember saying out loud, "Where did you go?" Then she sat up from the floor and I couldn't stop laughing.

Old 01-19-2013, 04:55 PM   #20135

Quote:

Hahaha........no, no belly flops. The mattresses are made of 24 mil vinyl. After a while the constant heat dries the vinyl out and it gets weak at the seams. Even my cat couldn't poke a hole in vinyl that thick.

But that does remind me of a story from long ago. My daughter was about 5 and wanted me to read her a short book before bed. She was laying on my waterbed waiting for me. As I get ready to flop on the bed I told her to get the book which was on the floor on her side of the bed. Just as she reached for the book, I flopped and she got flipped off the bed in a tsunami. So I'm in the bed and I look over and the child who was there just a second ago seemed to have absolutely disappeared. I remember saying out loud, "Where did you go?" Then she sat up from the floor and I couldn't stop laughing.
That's great! We had a heater go bad on ours. So to change it out I drained about half of the water out of the bladder. I told my wife to pull back on the bladder so I could slide the heater underneath it. Instead of pulling back the bladder she started yanking on it which caused the water to shift. The whole bed slip off of the pedestal breaking the frame and the pedestal. We both slept on the couch until I could rebuild it. We both still laugh about it. At the time though, I wasn't laughing!

Old 01-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #20136
FTF_ADMIN.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhc View Post
That's great! We had a heater go bad on ours. So to change it out I drained about half of the water out of the bladder. I told my wife to pull back on the bladder so I could slide the heater underneath it. Instead of pulling back the bladder she started yanking on it which caused the water to shift. The whole bed slip off of the pedestal breaking the frame and the pedestal. We both slept on the couch until I could rebuild it. We both still laugh about it. At the time though, I wasn't laughing!
Hmm.....I have the heater under the liner, not just under the bladder. If that baby leaks, you don't want that electric heater sitting in the pool of water.

One time I had a heater go bad, too. It was a pain in the ass to replace, I agree. But all in all, even though they sound like a hassle, for the 99.9% of the time waterbeds are hassle free, they are a dream to sleep on. I would miss my waterbed if I ever had to go back to a regular bed.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:01 PM   #20137
FTF_ADMIN.png

Quote:
My waterbed sprung a fatal leak a couple days ago. I've ordered a new liner and mattress. If it doesn't arrive soon I'm going to be permanently crippled from sleeping on my couch. I wake up feeling like a truck hit me.
I am ecstatic. My waterbed 'died' Tuesday, I think. I ordered a new liner and mattress from Ebay on Wednesday. I didn't expect to get them until early next week. I am tracking the packages and they are due to be delivered today. I will be in my warm, comfy waterbed tomorrow night. It'll be set up today but it takes a while to warm all that water. I could sleep in it tonight.........if I didn't care if I died of hypothermia. I am going to give that Ebay seller the best review he's ever gotten.

Also a good thing, it's in the upper 40's today and tomorrow it won't get much above the teens. Also today is a much better day to be filling a waterbed from the garden house spigot outside.

Old 01-19-2013, 05:05 PM   #20138

Location: 2,000 miles Northwest of Bill's Laundromat, Bar & Grill, CA
Liked 539 Times on 380 Posts
Likes Given: 273

You know that feeling when you haven't bought a new gun in a very long time? I'm gettin it pretty bad. I might have to pay my LGS a visit here not before too long.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:06 PM   #20139

Quote:

Hmm.....I have the heater under the liner, not just under the bladder. If that baby leaks, you don't want that electric heater sitting in the pool of water.

One time I had a heater go bad, too. It was a pain in the ass to replace, I agree. But all in all, even though they sound like a hassle, for the 99.9% of the time waterbeds are hassle free, they are a dream to sleep on. I would miss my waterbed if I ever had to go back to a regular bed.
Mine was inner the liner too. We had to pull both back. I miss the watered. The warmth was good for my back. I actually was able to sleep the full night.
When the heater went bad it was in the middle of the summer here in Florida. I didn't think it was a big deal as warm as it was. I figured I would get a heater in the next couple days and then install it. The next night around two am I woke up on a frozen bed. Hmm I wonder if it weighed more? LoL. Maybe that is why the pedestal broke?

Old 01-19-2013, 05:09 PM   #20140

Liked 1130 Times on 726 Posts
Likes Given: 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueguns View Post
You know that feeling when you haven't bought a new gun in a very long time? I'm gettin it pretty bad. I might have to pay my LGS a visit here not before too long.
Every day...
I have a "Void" that can only filled with a certain Garand...