Random Thoughts Thread - Page 2008
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Discussion Forums > The Club House >

Random Thoughts Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 01:40 AM   #20071
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 245 Times on 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by potentialglock
Took a friend shooting. Noticed a weird quirk he had and put a hand on his shoulder as a signal to stop shooting. Leaned over to mention how to correct said quirk, and he pulled the trigger. Gas and powder flew out of the breech and I to my open mouth. After coughing up a lung I immediately emptied the gun and inspected it because that is not natural. Gun is fine but there was a split in the case. Immediately threw the case away.
Was he shooting a S&W sigma?

Old 01-18-2013, 01:41 AM   #20072

Liked 245 Times on 180 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Lol, at least that's what his wife said! The "immaculate conception" story was already taken!

On another note... The night before last I managed to spray a good dose of oil in my mouth. I ain't been the same since. Weird taste in my mouth, heartburn, and I'm having trouble holding down toast.

If the bread mold can't kill me, and the jelly mold ain't bad enough to shrink my pecker, I can't help but wonder... Maybe my pecker will fall off and I'll die. Preferably in reverse order.

The oil is called "Pen-a-lube" (penetrating lube). Comes in a spray can.
It should quite you lifter I think

Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 AM   #20073

Liked 1330 Times on 955 Posts
Likes Given: 660

I know some of you dont believe in God but I believe he will never lay anything at your feet that you can not handle .
Wife wanted to go in a see what he looked like and i would not let her , I have seen quite a few , the worse being a 16yo kid that put a 12ga to his chin and I can still see it in my mind like I saw it 5 seconds ago , truly something you will never forget and nothing like you see on tv .
But it just started snowing and the roads are already covered and packed , no daycare for the kids tomar and I will let the wife get them up while I sleep in a bit

“Whoever acknowledges me before others, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But whoever disowns me before others, I will disown before my Father in heaven.
“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”

Old 01-18-2013, 01:48 AM   #20074

Liked 160 Times on 113 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kycol View Post

Was he shooting a S&W sigma?
Nope Remington r1

Old 01-18-2013, 01:53 AM   #20075
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 983 Times on 614 Posts
Likes Given: 1876

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Joke around the shop is to put grease under the door handle on the cars
I had a coworker do that to my F250 many years ago. I was so mad, I coulda killed the gd yankee sumbitch prankster.

"Then tell me this: Why would you want to hang around people that get uncomfortable, or even scared, about that kind of thing?" "Maybe to feel normal," I said. He laughed. "Normal's not all it's cracked up to be." "You think?" "Hell, I know." - from Spirits In The Wires, by Charles de Lint.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:58 AM   #20076
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
Sorry to hear that MM.

I don't think that way out should ever be a way out. There are ALWAYS other choices.
Sometimes not. Old folks should be able to end their lives with dignity if they so choose. Having to resort to shooting himself in the head may have been the only way out he could think of.

My father-in-law was deeply depressed towards the end of his life and frequently talked to me of suicide, asking me to bring a gun so he could do it. I never did, instead I would just go up to his house and talk with him. Not sure if I did the right thing though. He died in a hospital bed miserable and broken down, both in body and in mind. No dignity at all in that.

I think that euthanasia should be legal and painless ways to achieve it should be made available. If one does not have ownership over their own life, than do we really have any freedom at all?

An old guy shooting himself is just plain sad. It leaves behind a lot more victims than the dearly departed. Mobilemarine for example.

Mobile, you do have my sympathy.
orangello Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 02:31 AM   #20077

Liked 385 Times on 238 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine
I know some of you dont believe in God but I believe he will never lay anything at your feet that you can not handle .
Wife wanted to go in a see what he looked like and i would not let her , I have seen quite a few , the worse being a 16yo kid that put a 12ga to his chin and I can still see it in my mind like I saw it 5 seconds ago , truly something you will never forget and nothing like you see on tv .
But it just started snowing and the roads are already covered and packed , no daycare for the kids tomar and I will let the wife get them up while I sleep in a bit
Sorry to hear MM. The worse part is never really knowing why, but I guess it's not for us to know.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:12 AM   #20078
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2911 Times on 1896 Posts

Why? Because that appears to be the best way out. Life can be hard at times, way more than it should be. Someone that gets to that point has probably considered the following:

Nobody loves me, or cares if I'm gone.

I've worked my whole life to get fired before I can collect my retirement, by someone who is clueless but makes six figures by sucking their way through college and the corporate ladder.

My family is broken, my spouse left me, broke me financially and emotionally, and took my kids from me. Now I have to pay said spouse a monthly income so they can get high and feed my kids s%$t food, not raise them, not help them grow morally, etc, all while lying and telling them I don't love them.

The pastor of my church, who I've known and trusted for years, just got arrested for molesting multiple children.

My parents abused me, so they don't love me.

The government is so corrupt it appears evil is taking over. They support illegals while tossing aside those who have worked their whole lives to make this country stronger. Worse, they raise taxes to accomplish this.

I could go on, but I feel I'm being pessimistic. Those who aren't strong willed can have a hard time accepting lifes challenges and learning to work through them. So they choose the easy way out.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #20079
The Stanley Cup winners......the Blackhawks
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8786 Times on 5252 Posts
Likes Given: 11659

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobileMarine View Post
Wife wanted to go in a see what he looked like and i would not let her
Would the detectives allow people to walk through and look? Not any that I know of. Usually they protect the scene and limit the number of people walking through.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #20080

Liked 118 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

A neighbor and friend has been loosing it for about 5 years - - - would not go near a computer as they can suck the thoughts out of your head and transmit them to the government ( he was the Internet technologies director for a major bank for about 20 years ) built a small cabin back in the woods - - - solar panels so he could watch TV , no running water, wood stove for heat, cell phone that he left in the truck so that the government would not listen in to him even if it was off.

Great guy who would help anyone but was just losing it, good retirement coming in from the bank, social security - - - had all go to his sisters bank account so he could not “Be Traced”

His dog showed up at a neighbors and when they went to look into him they feel he had been dead at least a week in warm weather closed in that cabin.

There is no official cause of death but I feel he just decided he did not want the government in his head anymore and willed himself to death.

You just never know what the other guy is going thru!